Got To Love Sheriff Joe Arpaio- Let's Support Him

Last edited:
image.png

Easter egg hunt for the kids canceled yet again in 2014

-Geaux

WATERMELON-large.jpg

130812190413-tsr-pkg-jones-obama-rodeo-clown-00000123-story-top.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, but I have to admire people who subject themselves to risk and hardship to try and make a better life for themselves.

So shoot me.

And the ones who do that, are the best that their country have. Like the Vietnamese who came here after the war and proved themselves to be the most industrious and hardworking immigrants we have had in years. They were willing to take risks, and improve themselves, in a country where individual efforts pay off. People who are willing to walk three days across rattlesnake and scorpiran infested desert, with flimsy shoes and little food and water, exposed to 110 degree temperatures, or freezing nights, just for a chance for a better life, are the kind of people who are willing to make the necessary sacrifices to become a sucess. I like to think that if I were a Mexican, I would have joined them crossing into the greatest country on earth. I like to think that I would have done it to give my family a future.

Sorry, but I have to admire people who subject themselves to risk and hardship to try and make a better life for themselves.

So shoot me.

And the ones who do that, are the best that their country have. Like the Vietnamese who came here after the war and proved themselves to be the most industrious and hardworking immigrants we have had in years. They were willing to take risks, and improve themselves, in a country where individual efforts pay off. People who are willing to walk three days across rattlesnake and scorpiran infested desert, with flimsy shoes and little food and water, exposed to 110 degree temperatures, or freezing nights, just for a chance for a better life, are the kind of people who are willing to make the necessary sacrifices to become a sucess. I like to think that if I were a Mexican, I would have joined them crossing into the greatest country on earth. I like to think that I would have done it to give my family a future.

Yep, everyone wants a free lunch

-Geaux

c07d9b4e-d8ab-4091-a3cb-ced38b87f0c4.jpg

I like and support Sheriff Joe. While he doesn't have the authority to enforce a single immigration law, his county likely has seen crime committed by drug cartels crossing illegally into his county, and thus, he has an interest in stopping it.

My question for right wingers is this: You support his ideals.

But, if he said he needed 100 more deputies to do this, AND he needed to attract and retain the BEST deputies possible..........and therefore would need to increase the pay and benefit package of all his deputies, and provide new equipment, because he can't lose deputies to other agencies and he may want to attract the best and brightest from other agencies to come join the MCSD, would you support THAT? OH MY....they may even get a benefits package that is better than the one you get at your private sector job!!!! Would you keep supporting it when you heard it would require a small tax increase to fund it?

Of course you wouldn't. You right wingers want all the perks and benefits of a great, efficient, effective government agency like the sheriffs department......but don't want to fund it enough to attract the best and brightest of the labor market to make it that way.

Ah, story just changed. Because at least throughout the South, there are hundreds of sheriffs and chiefs like Joe who would love to do more, but cannot, because Tea Party politicians have slashed their budgets.

Last edited:
Sheriff Joe Arpaio's "Tent City"

Arpaio set up a "Tent City" as an extension of the Maricopa County Jail. Arpaio has described Tent City as a concentration camp. Tent City is located in a yard next to a more permanent structure containing toilets, showers, and an area for meals. It has become notable particularly because of Phoenix's extreme temperatures.

On July 2, 2011, when the temperature in Phoenix hit 118 °F (48 °C), Arpaio measured the temperature inside Tent City at 145 °F (63 °C). Some inmates complained that fans near their beds were not working, and that their shoes were melting from the heat.

..... In 1997, Amnesty International published a report on Arpaio's jails which found that Tent City is not an "adequate or humane alternative to housing inmates in suitable ... jail facilities." Tent City is criticized by groups contending that there are violations of human and constitutional rights. Those critical of Arpaio also point out that the vast majority of inmates within Tent City have not been convicted; rather, they are merely awaiting trial.

http://www.google.com/search?source...rlz=1T4GGNI_enCA535CA536&q=Sheriff+Joe+Arpaio
Got To Love Sheriff Joe Arpaio - Let's Support Him

Would the OP be quite as enamored with Sheriff Joe Arpaio if he was subjected to the hospitality of Maricopa County's "Tent City" with its 145 °F (63 °C) temperatures - because he was racially profiled without having been convicted of a crime?

Sheriff Joe Arpaio appears to be the 21stC "reincarnation" of another American demagogue - J Edgar Hoover!

demagogue /ˈdɛməɡɒɡ/ - or rabble-rouser is a political leader in a democracy who appeals to the emotions, prejudices, and ignorance of the less-educated citizens in order to gain power and promote political motives
- someone who appeals to the lowest common denominator of a large segment of the population

Last edited:
Sheriff Joe Arpaio's "Tent City"

Arpaio set up a "Tent City" as an extension of the Maricopa County Jail. Arpaio has described Tent City as a concentration camp. Tent City is located in a yard next to a more permanent structure containing toilets, showers, and an area for meals. It has become notable particularly because of Phoenix's extreme temperatures.

On July 2, 2011, when the temperature in Phoenix hit 118 °F (48 °C), Arpaio measured the temperature inside Tent City at 145 °F (63 °C). Some inmates complained that fans near their beds were not working, and that their shoes were melting from the heat.

..... In 1997, Amnesty International published a report on Arpaio's jails which found that Tent City is not an "adequate or humane alternative to housing inmates in suitable ... jail facilities." Tent City is criticized by groups contending that there are violations of human and constitutional rights. Those critical of Arpaio also point out that the vast majority of inmates within Tent City have not been convicted; rather, they are merely awaiting trial.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio - Google Search
Got To Love Sheriff Joe Arpaio - Let's Support Him

Would the OP be quite as enamored with Sheriff Joe Arpaio if he was subjected to the hospitality of Maricopa County's "Tent City" with its 145 °F (63 °C) temperatures - because he was racially profiled without having been convicted of a crime?

Sheriff Joe Arpaio appears to be the 21stC "reincarnation" of another American demagogue - J Edgar Hoover!

demagogue /ˈdɛməɡɒɡ/ - or rabble-rouser is a political leader in a democracy who appeals to the emotions, prejudices, and ignorance of the less-educated citizens in order to gain power and promote political motives
- someone who appeals to the lowest common denominator of a large segment of the population

The tent city and chain gang is a deterrent. Exactly what we need more of. There are consequences for every decision we make in life. Some negative, and some positive. The goal is to have more positive ones than negative.

If you commit the crime, you do the time.

-Geaux

http://sonoranalliance.com/2010/03/...copa-county-dropping-faster-than-rest-of-u-s/

County Attorney Andrew Thomas announced today that the overall crime rate in Maricopa County is dropping an average of 4.8% a year or a total of about 19% between 2004 and 2008.1 Nationally the crime rate is dropping about 2% a year2 or a total of about 8% between 2004 and 2008. This dramatic drop in crime is more than just luck or shifting demographics. It reflects a concerted effort by law enforcement to get criminals off the streets and the determination of prosecutors in the Maricopa County Attorney’s

Last edited:
I like and support Sheriff Joe. While he doesn't have the authority to enforce a single immigration law, his county likely has seen crime committed by drug cartels crossing illegally into his county, and thus, he has an interest in stopping it.

But, if he said he needed 100 more deputies to do this, AND he needed to attract and retain the BEST deputies possible..........and therefore would need to increase the pay and benefit package of all his deputies, and provide new equipment, because he can't lose deputies to other agencies and he may want to attract the best and brightest from other agencies to come join the MCSD, would you support THAT? OH MY....they may even get a benefits package that is better than the one you get at your private sector job!!!! Would you keep supporting it when you heard it would require a small tax increase to fund it?

Of course you wouldn't. You right wingers want all the perks and benefits of a great, efficient, effective government agency like the sheriffs department......but don't want to fund it enough to attract the best and brightest of the labor market to make it that way.

Ah, story just changed. Because at least throughout the South, there are hundreds of sheriffs and chiefs like Joe who would love to do more, but cannot, because Tea Party politicians have slashed their budgets.

If more funds are needed, then make cuts elsewhere within the budget to meet newly identified priorities.

-Geaux

Interesting, Arpaio doesn't have the authority to enforce immigration law? Does he have the authority to bounce BATF agents from his county?

According to the federal constitution, the states, not the feds, have the power to round up and deport illegals. AZ should do that.

According to the federal constitution, the states, not the feds, have the power to round up and deport illegals. AZ should do that.

I was under the impression that Arizona WAS doing that? That they were about the only state out there not bowing down to our facist dictater in office and had a hard stand on immigration.

These white wingers really do believe this shit. They represent the vast majority of the Republican Party. OK USMB Republicans. Why do you keep calling me names? This is YOUR party. This is who you are and what you represent.

Be Proud!​
What's the matter, rdean? The truth is so opposite of your claims, you wouldn't know it if the truth bit you in the heiney with a bear trap.

Republican "truth" is batshit crazy and I like it that way.

I was under the impression that Arizona WAS doing that? That they were about the only state out there not bowing down to our facist dictater in office and had a hard stand on immigration.

There is no state law against being an undocumented alien. There is no county or city law against being an undocumented alien. AZ has no authority to deport anyone. If they have arrested someone for violation of a county, city, or state law, and they determine that he is also in violation of a federal law, they can invite the feds to bring fed charges and prosecute.

Oh please.

The only thing that old racist fart is good at is self-aggrandizement.

He actually DOES nothing.

We need more like Joe and the sheriffs in Colorado, California and other places that have told Obama to take his anti-constitutional gun laws and cram it. If the FEDS want to enforce it, go and try, but the local sheriffs wont

-Geaux

Forum List

Back