Gov. Moonbeam Signs Gun Control Legislation

Governor Jerry “Moonbeam” Brown signed strict gun control legislation for The People’s Republic of California. Can own a shotgun or rifle until 21. Ridiculous.
California governor signs bill to raise age requirement to 21 for purchase of rifles, shotguns

I miss Mike Royko...
How Jerry Brown Became ‘Governor Moonbeam’
No, what’s ridiculous is rightwing nitwits whining about firearm regulatory measures which are perfectly Constitutional, having never been invalidated by the Supreme Court as in violation of the Second Amendment.

What’s ridiculous is rightwing hypocrisy, where Florida Republicans enacted the same measure, signed into law by Florida’s Republican governor.

And what’s ridiculous is how inconsistent most conservatives are, conservatives who are supposed to be ‘advocates’ of “states’ rights” and the ‘will of the people.’

Governor Jerry “Moonbeam” Brown signed strict gun control legislation for The People’s Republic of California. Can own a shotgun or rifle until 21. Ridiculous.
California governor signs bill to raise age requirement to 21 for purchase of rifles, shotguns

I miss Mike Royko...
No, what’s ridiculous is rightwing nitwits whining about firearm regulatory measures which are perfectly Constitutional, having never been invalidated by the Supreme Court as in violation of the Second Amendment.

What’s ridiculous is rightwing hypocrisy, where Florida Republicans enacted the same measure, signed into law by Florida’s Republican governor.

And what’s ridiculous is how inconsistent most conservatives are, conservatives who are supposed to be ‘advocates’ of “states’ rights” and the ‘will of the people.’
Nowhere will you find a Conservative tell you that the States have the right to amend the U.S. Consitution. So, that is just a lie.

We fight for states rights, but no state has the right to violate the Constitution or the liberties of the people.

I look forward to this being challenged.

I miss Mike Royko...

Nowhere will you find a Conservative tell you that the States have the right to amend the U.S. Consitution. So, that is just a lie.

We fight for states rights, but no state has the right to violate the Constitution or the liberties of the people.

Under Article V if 3/4 of the states vote to do so they can call a convention of the states to add amendments to the Constitution. But statutory law has and always will be subject to constitutional law.

I miss Mike Royko...

Under Article V if 3/4 of the states vote to do so they can call a convention of the states.
Yes, but no single State can abridge, alter, or remove an Amendment to the Constitution.

The law in California will probably pass muster as the Republicans have already given to much ground and allowed a precedent to be set. Still, I would like to see this challenged. The problem is, someone will have to first be denied, and since we are talking about a young person (under 21), I don't think they'll have the intestinal fortitude. No doubt, a consideration by the Chief Crazy in CA.

I miss Mike Royko...

Under Article V if 3/4 of the states vote to do so they can call a convention of the states.
Yes, but no single State can abridge, alter, or remove an Amendment to the Constitution.

The law in California will probably pass muster as the Republicans have already given to much ground and allowed a precedent to be set. Still, I would like to see this challenged. The problem is, someone will have to first be denied, and since we are talking about a young person (under 21), I don't think they'll have the intestinal fortitude. No doubt, a consideration by the Chief Crazy in CA.
If NRA tries hard enough we can find somebody to challenge this state law. 2nd Amendment was incorporated to the states with a Chicago case back in 2010 I believe. Let me look that one up.

I miss Mike Royko...

If NRA tries hard enough we can find somebody to challenge this state law. 2nd Amendment was incorporated to the states with a Chicago case back in 2010 I believe. Let me look that one up.
Okay.

Of course, but that doesn't say that a state has the right to amend the Second, nor does it say that a state can restrict the right afforded by the Amendment.

However, it does not say that age restrictions cannot be placed on this right. Like so many other rights, we allow age restrictions. It is wrong, but it exists as a precedent.

I do hope that the NRA or some other rights advocacy group take this cause up to the SCOTUS.

Particularly now that we have another Constitutionalist to be confirmed.

Forum List

Back