Gov. Newsom asks Californians to cut water use by 15%

I laugh because you responded to an 10 month old post with 3 meaningless words.

But that is the best that you can do.

Suck to be you, once again.

A 10 month old post that is as worthless as you.

And you still avoid the content, because you have none.

It TRULY sucks to be you.

No, you posted that the climate had changed, and I said, no it hasn't.

See, it went right over your head.

You are an idiot if you think climate does not change and has not changed one iota in the last 100 years.

There is not much more that can be said.

You are an idiot if you think climate does not change and has not changed one iota in the last 100 years.

There is not much more that can be said.

Of course the climate changes. Just not over the span of a few generations of humans. The climate now, is the same as it was 150 years ago.

The sea level has been rising at the same rate for the past 6,000 years. There's your evidence.
If you'd actually gone looking for a link to support that claim you might have found out that...

Caryl_3.gif

Figure17.jpg

And there is this comment:

When averaged over all of the world’s oceans, absolute sea level has risen at an average rate of 0.06 inches per year from 1880 to 2013 (see Figure 1). Since 1993, however, average sea level has risen at a rate of 0.12 to 0.14 inches per year—roughly twice as fast as the long-term trend.

The first graph makes the claim in its title that it shows long term levels declining. The second doesn't say and the text concerns itself with the rapid rise between 20,000 and 8,000 years ago (15 mm/yr) but by eyeball it looks to have risen 5 meters over 8,000 years or 0.625 meters/1,000 years.

Current sea level change rate is 0.12 to 0.14 inches per year. Let's call it 0.13 inches/year or 3.3mm/year or 3.30 meters/1,000 years. In eight thousand years that would be 26.4 meters, several times the rate seen in those graphs and on top of that, sea level rise is accelerating. So, your claim fails.

If you'd actually gone looking for a link to support that claim you might have found out that...

Caryl_3.gif

Figure17.jpg

And there is this comment:

When averaged over all of the world’s oceans, absolute sea level has risen at an average rate of 0.06 inches per year from 1880 to 2013 (see Figure 1). Since 1993, however, average sea level has risen at a rate of 0.12 to 0.14 inches per year—roughly twice as fast as the long-term trend.

The first graph makes the claim in its title that it shows long term levels declining. The second doesn't say and the text concerns itself with the rapid rise between 20,000 and 8,000 years ago (15 mm/yr) but by eyeball it looks to have risen 5 meters over 8,000 years or 0.625 meters/1,000 years.

Current sea level change rate is 0.12 to 0.14 inches per year. Let's call it 0.13 inches/year or 3.3mm/year or 3.30 meters/1,000 years. In eight thousand years that would be 26.4 meters, several times the rate seen in those graphs and on top of that, sea level rise is accelerating. So, your claim fails.
What I see from these curves is exactly what I said. No material change in sea level rise for the past 6,000 years.

According to your ridiculous projections of catastrophe that rate needs to triple by the end of the decade. That's not going to happen. It's beyond ridiculous.

What I see from these curves is exactly what I said. No material change in sea level rise for the past 6,000 years.

According to your ridiculous projections of catastrophe that rate needs to triple by the end of the decade. That's not going to happen. It's beyond ridiculous.
Okay, just for debate's sake, we'll take "no material change". Unfortunately, at present, sea levels are doing this:
bxRox.png

and this

Altimetry-based-global-mean-sea-level-from-January-1993-to-February-2019-The-black.png

Which, with no further acceleration, looks like 4 mm/yr. If it simply held that rate for another 8,000 years seas would be up more than 100 feet. So, I don't know where you get the idea that the rate hasn't changed in 8,000 years. That's simply nonsense.

No electricity.
No drinking water.
Crime that makes El Salvador look safe.
Roads that make Nepal roads look futuristic.

Democrats utopia. The only things the Left won’t spend taxes on to build: prisons, roads, energy and water.

So everyone in California has already stopped watering yards, has low flow everything. Good luck not being able to bathe or flush your toilet.

He lives to see humans suffer

Okay, just for debate's sake, we'll take "no material change". Unfortunately, at present, sea levels are doing this:
bxRox.png

and this

Altimetry-based-global-mean-sea-level-from-January-1993-to-February-2019-The-black.png

Which, with no further acceleration, looks like 4 mm/yr. If it simply held that rate for another 8,000 years seas would be up more than 100 feet. So, I don't know where you get the idea that the rate hasn't changed in 8,000 years. That's simply nonsense.

Yo everyone 0.15748 inches of water is a catastrophe!! Hahaha

bxRox.png

and this

Only 2 1/2 times more needed in the next 8 years. Not going to happen.

Only 2 1/2 times more needed in the next 8 years. Not going to happen.
The point was that you were claiming the trend of sea level had not changed in 8,000 years. I have clearly demonstrated that is not the case.

The point was that you were claiming the trend of sea level had not changed in 8,000 years. I have clearly demonstrated that is not the case.
It hasn't materially changed. You think going from 3.4 mm/yr to 4.0 mm/yr is a material change. It's not. Going to 10 mm/yr in the next 8 years and staying there or increasing as you believe it will would be a material change. It's not going to happen. Do the math. Show me your thermal expansion of water calculations.

It hasn't materially changed. You think going from 3.4 mm/yr to 4.0 mm/yr is a material change. It's not. Going to 10 mm/yr in the next 8 years and staying there or increasing as you believe it will would be a material change. It's not going to happen. Do the math. Show me your thermal expansion of water calculations.
You said: "The sea level has been rising at the same rate for the past 6,000 years. There's your evidence."

You're developing a slightly annoying habit of attempting deflection when someone points out your errors. Better idea: admit them, learn from them and move on.

You said: "The sea level has been rising at the same rate for the past 6,000 years. There's your evidence."

You're developing a slightly annoying habit of attempting deflection when someone points out your errors. Better idea: admit them, learn from them and move on.
No material change in the last 6,000 years. See?

Caryl_3.gif

Forum List

Back