Gov. Newsom asks Californians to cut water use by 15%

Instead of wasting billions on a high speed rail line from LA to SF, over numerous fault lines, why not build desalination plants and pump the water to rebuilt reservoirs? How would you like to ride at 200 mph on a train during a earthquake? What were they thinking? You can get flights for $49.00. They need to stay out of the sun or at least wear a hat.
japan has earthquakes and they have high speed trains...you dont stop living just because you live where earthquakes happen.....
Except Japan doesn’t spend over a billion dollars for a decade and not even have a few miles of rail running over open flat ground.
thats not the point of my comment....tedub said riding a train in earthquake country is kinda dangerous......when you live around earthquakes you learn how to live with them and build better infrastructure with earthquake standards....
Sorry Harry , I was out there after the "World Series" quake. I saw firsthand driving from SF to LA how the infrastructure held up.

Yep, by train was one of only two ways to get directly from Oakland to San Francisco after the Bay Bridge collapsed. It was a lifeline for commuters.

And still the "high speed" rail is a lifeline boondoggle for politicians.

I can't think of a better mode of transport between San Francisco and Los Angeles. Works awesome in Japan.

But I was specifically referring to BART which provided commuters a way to avoid a 4 hour daily commute while the Bay Bridge was being repaired.

Instead of wasting billions on a high speed rail line from LA to SF, over numerous fault lines, why not build desalination plants and pump the water to rebuilt reservoirs? How would you like to ride at 200 mph on a train during a earthquake? What were they thinking? You can get flights for $49.00. They need to stay out of the sun or at least wear a hat.
japan has earthquakes and they have high speed trains...you dont stop living just because you live where earthquakes happen.....
Access to clean water outweighs bullet trains….just ask the 785 million across the globe who reportedly don’t have access to clean drinking water.

Last edited:
Access to clean water outweighs bullet trains….just ask the 785 million across the globe who reportedly don’t have access to clean drinking water.
I’d push for all communities to capture rainwater using rain barrels individually off the rooftops when it does rain there, as infrequently as that might be in the southern area (won’t rain until November in San Diego-typical pattern). Believe it or not, but individual efforts can amount to a great deal when reusing water becomes the norm for various household reasons other than drinking. From there, it sounds like it’s too bad that former governor’s plan didn’t come to fruition about creating aqueducts and reservoirs. Somebody mentioned what Israel has done to resolve their “desert land” problem sounds - desalinate -quite logical considering the dilemma that’s not going to go away for CA on its own.

Except Japan doesn’t spend over a billion dollars for a decade and not even have a few miles of rail running over open flat ground.
thats not the point of my comment....tedub said riding a train in earthquake country is kinda dangerous......when you live around earthquakes you learn how to live with them and build better infrastructure with earthquake standards....
Sorry Harry , I was out there after the "World Series" quake. I saw firsthand driving from SF to LA how the infrastructure held up.

Yep, by train was one of only two ways to get directly from Oakland to San Francisco after the Bay Bridge collapsed. It was a lifeline for commuters.

I can't think of a better mode of transport between San Francisco and Los Angeles. Works awesome in Japan.

But I was specifically referring to BART which provided commuters a way to avoid a 4 hour daily commute while the Bay Bridge was being repaired.
Except Japan actually builds railways thru mountains while California spends billions and decades behind schedule desperately trying to build a few miles of rail over flat open ground.

No electricity.
No drinking water.
Crime that makes El Salvador look safe.
Roads that make Nepal roads look futuristic.

Democrats utopia. The only things the Left won’t spend taxes on to build: prisons, roads, energy and water.

So everyone in California has already stopped watering yards, has low flow everything. Good luck not being able to bathe or flush your toilet.

Why not post something sane? Asking the people of CA to cut their use of fresh water is smart. Gov. Newsome puts the people first, and some people - like you - are unwilling to face the reality of a drought. Rational people follow his requests, people like you want to attack the messenger and ignore reality. I suppose you have some agenda, but it's one which puts all of us in harms way.

Why not be honest and do what you try to do on paper, go the way of Theodore John Kaczynski, Timothy McVeigh or Eric Robert Rudolph, other irrational and disaffected people. I guess posting anonymously is because you are a coward.

For the Readers:

You and Kaz need to get a life, and stop posting stupid stuff.

The earth is 3/4 water. Why don't we just build more desalinization plants and not be a third world country?

Oh yeah, you want to be stupid and oppressive

It seems you haven't done you homework, no surprise since you are not very bright and go by your emotions and biases not facts. Read the link, then apologize to Governor Newsome. Of course you won't do either, typical of your set; i.e. Kaz and Weatherman2020,

Basic reasoning skills eludes you. So you're saying there is no water shortage and they are building enough desalinization plans. So then why are the asking people to use 15% less water?
That’s a 15% reduction on citizens who have already rationed water to the bone.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
I guess stupid California 'green' tree huggers shouldn't have opposed building more dams and reservoirs. We have plenty of them in Oregon and Washington and more fresh water than we know what to do with. Most of it pours into the Pacific ocean.

The simple fact is that California is almost all desert. The climate will not support 40 million humans in the long term without some drastic and costly changes and innovations. Governor Pat Brown foresaw this many decades ago, and proposed a comprehensive plan of reservoirs, aqueducts, and so on, intended to capture, retain, and use as much water as God decided to give to California, but short term financial expediencies prevented the Golden State from implementing the plan fully.

Further, much water is wasted in order to save various forms of fish, which is insane.

There's always seawater de-sal, but that is expensive as hell and requires gobs of electricity. One cannot expect realistic plans or solutions from a Leftist government, so we in the other states can just look on and smile. Fuck 'em.
There is always population control-----namely by not allowing illegals in or counting their trash offspring as citizens.
This type of common sense thinking is not understood by leftists.

No electricity.
No drinking water.

Democrats utopia. The only things the Left won’t spend taxes on to build: prisons, roads, energy and water.

So everyone in California has already stopped watering yards, has low flow everything. Good luck not being able to bathe or flush your toilet.

And an earthquake due any minute.
Bad place to be these days.
:safetocomeoutff:

California is the left's flagship State for certain.

The only reason for the mass exodus due the chaos & shithole is Reagan's fault.

Why do you post? A desperate need for attention? Post something of substance, thoughtful or thought provoking, not some childish absurdity. Now, read the post #55 above, and either write a response, STFU or continue in the same toxic stream along with Kaz, Weatherman2020 and Yidnar.

Leftists always get very angry when you tell them their policies are destructive.
Deleicious!

No electricity.
No drinking water.

I pray daily for Saint San Andreas to end it all.

no shit....why you are trying to convince me of that is beyond me....

No electricity.
No drinking water.

I’m headed back to Southern California in October. Even though I’ll be many miles south of the bay area where after shocks are predicted to continue, it’s still closer than I’d like to be…. I come from a state within “tornado alley” but I’ve only seen one tornado hovering in the sky a few miles away, later referred to on the local news as a funnel cloud.

Hurricanes and tornadoes are two beasts of nature best watched from a great distance. Those storm chasers who rush out to get inside the eye live on the edge! I just don’t like edges or ledges for that matter to risk it! One thing about tornadoes is they can jump and skip and do whatever they want making them hard to predict. Obviously, I cannot relate to the mindset of a storm chaser! Lol

Hey, can I borrow that trap door the next time I happen to see a tornado? That looks like something that would come in handy;p

Except Japan actually builds railways thru mountains while California spends billions and decades behind schedule desperately trying to build a few miles of rail over flat open ground.
It's not the building that California has an issue with. It's everybody in-between wanting their share. Palmdale for example.

I recall Ca. doing the water conservation business even in the 70s. Fuck my uncle wouldn't let me flush the toilet after peeing :abgg2q.jpg: He was a San Francisco hippy in transition at the time, years later turned ultra-conservative, because despite he living the 60s in his teens, he became wise to the Demonicrats, and watched as they progressively worsened. RIP, he just missed the 2020 spectacle of affairs.

Fucker got new pussy every night, honest to shit. He taught meditation and the chicks dug it.

At any rate, just think they had problems even then, and since they've destroyed the State with over-population, and more drought to boot.

Last edited:
No electricity.
No drinking water.

No doubt he did it by cell phone while floating in his pool.

You do realize the "high speed" rail wouldn't be going from L.A. to S.F., and the only "high speed" on the version they've sold us only gets high speed on certain sections.

Forum List

Back