Gov. Newsom asks Californians to cut water use by 15%

Instead of wasting billions on a high speed rail line from LA to SF, over numerous fault lines, why not build desalination plants and pump the water to rebuilt reservoirs? How would you like to ride at 200 mph on a train during a earthquake? What were they thinking? You can get flights for $49.00. They need to stay out of the sun or at least wear a hat.
japan has earthquakes and they have high speed trains...you dont stop living just because you live where earthquakes happen.....
Except Japan doesn’t spend over a billion dollars for a decade and not even have a few miles of rail running over open flat ground.
thats not the point of my comment....tedub said riding a train in earthquake country is kinda dangerous......when you live around earthquakes you learn how to live with them and build better infrastructure with earthquake standards....
Sorry Harry , I was out there after the "World Series" quake. I saw firsthand driving from SF to LA how the infrastructure held up.

Yep, by train was one of only two ways to get directly from Oakland to San Francisco after the Bay Bridge collapsed. It was a lifeline for commuters.

And still the "high speed" rail is a lifeline boondoggle for politicians.

I can't think of a better mode of transport between San Francisco and Los Angeles. Works awesome in Japan.

But I was specifically referring to BART which provided commuters a way to avoid a 4 hour daily commute while the Bay Bridge was being repaired.
I can't think of a better mode of transport between San Francisco and Los Angeles. Works awesome in Japan.
Except Japan actually builds railways thru mountains while California spends billions and decades behind schedule desperately trying to build a few miles of rail over flat open ground.
It's not the building that California has an issue with. It's everybody in-between wanting their share. Palmdale for example.

Great, now you're not for "fair share", or is that only on certain topics?

No electricity.
No drinking water.
Crime that makes El Salvador look safe.
Roads that make Nepal roads look futuristic.

Democrats utopia. The only things the Left won’t spend taxes on to build: prisons, roads, energy and water.

So everyone in California has already stopped watering yards, has low flow everything. Good luck not being able to bathe or flush your toilet.

Why not post something sane? Asking the people of CA to cut their use of fresh water is smart. Gov. Newsome puts the people first, and some people - like you - are unwilling to face the reality of a drought. Rational people follow his requests, people like you want to attack the messenger and ignore reality. I suppose you have some agenda, but it's one which puts all of us in harms way.

Why not be honest and do what you try to do on paper, go the way of Theodore John Kaczynski, Timothy McVeigh or Eric Robert Rudolph, other irrational and disaffected people. I guess posting anonymously is because you are a coward.

For the Readers:

You and Kaz need to get a life, and stop posting stupid stuff.

The earth is 3/4 water. Why don't we just build more desalinization plants and not be a third world country?

Oh yeah, you want to be stupid and oppressive

It seems you haven't done you homework, no surprise since you are not very bright and go by your emotions and biases not facts. Read the link, then apologize to Governor Newsome. Of course you won't do either, typical of your set; i.e. Kaz and Weatherman2020,

Basic reasoning skills eludes you. So you're saying there is no water shortage and they are building enough desalinization plans. So then why are the asking people to use 15% less water?
That’s a 15% reduction on citizens who have already rationed water to the bone.

Rye is a moron and a racist. It's incredible. When I said to build more desalinization plants so they aren't a third world country because there is plenty of water in the world, he's like but kaz, they have at least ONE desalinization plant like that addressed what I said

Instead of wasting billions on a high speed rail line from LA to SF, over numerous fault lines, why not build desalination plants and pump the water to rebuilt reservoirs? How would you like to ride at 200 mph on a train during a earthquake? What were they thinking? You can get flights for $49.00. They need to stay out of the sun or at least wear a hat.
japan has earthquakes and they have high speed trains...you dont stop living just because you live where earthquakes happen.....
Except Japan doesn’t spend over a billion dollars for a decade and not even have a few miles of rail running over open flat ground.
thats not the point of my comment....tedub said riding a train in earthquake country is kinda dangerous......when you live around earthquakes you learn how to live with them and build better infrastructure with earthquake standards....
Sorry Harry , I was out there after the "World Series" quake. I saw firsthand driving from SF to LA how the infrastructure held up.

Yep, by train was one of only two ways to get directly from Oakland to San Francisco after the Bay Bridge collapsed. It was a lifeline for commuters.

But I was specifically referring to BART which provided commuters a way to avoid a 4 hour daily commute while the Bay Bridge was being repaired.

You do realize the "high speed" rail wouldn't be going from L.A. to S.F., and the only "high speed" on the version they've sold us only gets high speed on certain sections.
Yes, since in this thread I specifically called out Palmdale as one example. Too many hands in the till.

Except Japan actually builds railways thru mountains while California spends billions and decades behind schedule desperately trying to build a few miles of rail over flat open ground.
It's not the building that California has an issue with. It's everybody in-between wanting their share. Palmdale for example.

Great, now you're not for "fair share", or is that only on certain topics?
I'm for practical. High speed rail's purpose shouldn't be to make multiple stops.

It's not just California with this problem. It's hitting the entire southwest.
Nobody else is restricting water.

They're going to, they won't have a choice. California's biggest challenge is that not only are they in a drought they also have the largest agricultural industry in the U.S. So, while you guys wish the worst for California you'll be feeling the effects of it in your wallets.

Most of California's agriculture is "nice to have" not "need to have". Staples like grains are the midwest's bulwark.

There are a lot of boondoggles for politicians but very few involve trains. Likely the opposite - they're being paid to oppose high-speed rail by the fossil fuel industry.

No electricity.
No drinking water.

Democrats utopia. The only things the Left won’t spend taxes on to build: prisons, roads, energy and water.

So everyone in California has already stopped watering yards, has low flow everything. Good luck not being able to bathe or flush your toilet.

Why not post something sane? Asking the people of CA to cut their use of fresh water is smart. Gov. Newsome puts the people first, and some people - like you - are unwilling to face the reality of a drought. Rational people follow his requests, people like you want to attack the messenger and ignore reality. I suppose you have some agenda, but it's one which puts all of us in harms way.

Why not be honest and do what you try to do on paper, go the way of Theodore John Kaczynski, Timothy McVeigh or Eric Robert Rudolph, other irrational and disaffected people. I guess posting anonymously is because you are a coward.

For the Readers:

The earth is 3/4 water. Why don't we just build more desalinization plants and not be a third world country?

It seems you haven't done you homework, no surprise since you are not very bright and go by your emotions and biases not facts. Read the link, then apologize to Governor Newsome. Of course you won't do either, typical of your set; i.e. Kaz and Weatherman2020,

Basic reasoning skills eludes you. So you're saying there is no water shortage and they are building enough desalinization plans. So then why are the asking people to use 15% less water?

Rye is a moron and a racist. It's incredible. When I said to build more desalinization plants so they aren't a third world country because there is plenty of water in the world, he's like but kaz, they have at least ONE desalinization plant like that addressed what I said

You are a damn liar as well as a stupid biased clown:

Do some research:

Of course you and Weathman2020
No electricity.
No drinking water.

For the Readers:

You are a damn liar, not very bright, and so biased you don't do research, you cherry pick words. Read the links, I suppose that is too difficult for you, and you never want change your narrative.

No electricity.
No drinking water.

For the Readers:

Do some research:

No electricity.
No drinking water.

For the Readers:

You are a damn liar, not very bright, and so biased you don't do research, you cherry pick words. Read the links, I suppose that is too difficult for you, and you never want change your narrative.

So you're claiming that California has plenty of water and isn't rationing water or asking people to cut back? That's all made up?

No electricity.
No drinking water.

For the Readers:

Do some research:

No electricity.
No drinking water.

For the Readers:

So you're claiming that California has plenty of water and isn't rationing water or asking people to cut back? That's all made up?
I never said anything of the kind, you really are a dishonest and lying shithead. I stand by my post above:

"You are a damn liar, not very bright, and so biased you don't do research, you cherry pick words. Read the links, I suppose that is too difficult for you, and you never want change your narrative."

No electricity.
No drinking water.

For the Readers:

Do some research:

No electricity.
No drinking water.

For the Readers:

I never said anything of the kind, you really are a dishonest and lying shithead. I stand by my post above:

"You are a damn liar, not very bright, and so biased you don't do research, you cherry pick words. Read the links, I suppose that is too difficult for you, and you never want change your narrative."

I'm dishonest? I said California needs to build desalinization plants and end the water shortage, and you came back and said THEY ARE you stupid lying fascist fuck.

kaz: California should build enough desalinization plants and end the problem
Rye Catcher: They are building them kaz.
kaz: So it's not a problem?
Rye Catcher: Oh, it's not enough, I never said it was

Yes, you did. Not building enough of them doesn't address my point, stupid lying fuck. My point was obviously NOT that building one plant and not fixing the problem is all I'm asking for.

God you're a liar. You are so full of shit

Last edited:
No electricity.
No drinking water.

For the Readers:

Do some research:

No electricity.
No drinking water.

For the Readers:

I'm dishonest? I said California needs to build desalinization plants and end the water shortage, and you came back and said THEY ARE you stupid lying fascist fuck.

Yes, you did. Not building enough of them doesn't address my point, stupid lying fuck. My point was obviously NOT that building one plant and not fixing the problem is all I'm asking for.

You've now earned an ignore. You're a typical Trumpanzee. And as usual I post links to prove it:

You've now earned an ignore. You're a typical Trumpanzee. And as usual I post links to prove it:

Yes, obviously you can't even explain your stupid shit.

I said California should build enough desalinization plants to end the water shortage.

You came back with I'm wrong and that they are building desalienization plants.

I said since that was your RESPONSE to my argument, oh, so you're saying they are building enough to end the water shortage?

You came back, melted down and called me a liar, you never said that.

So they are NOT building enough, now you admit that. Which makes your point a LIE you fucking fascist.

You assessed your options and chose turn tail and run

When he had to back up his stupid crap, Rye Catcher turned tail and ran

No electricity.
No drinking water.

For the Readers:

Do some research:

No electricity.
No drinking water.

For the Readers:

If you were a man, you'd have just said OK, they are building salinization plants, but no it's not enough. Your bad, it was a boner to imply they were.

We know that isn't going to happen because there is no functioning sex organ between your legs, lying fascist coward

This was your reply to my saying California should build enough to end the water shortage.

Now you're saying this was not meant to imply they are building enough to end the water shortage.

And YOU called ME a liar. Classic

Meanwhile....google some pics of Hollyweird, Brentwood, Rodeo Drive, etc, where all the hoity toitys live. It's brown. Everything is ugly, brown, dying or already dead. But take a gander at Streisands malibu home....JLo's...CardiB's, etc and see if they will cut back. All their properties are green, pools filled with water, and in general, THEY are not cutting back. I wonder if gruesom newsom has? Probably not.

So while old ladies and old men are going with the saying "mellow is yellow, brown is down" and don't waste water flushing their toilets, the snots in southern Cali along with other snots like Pelosi, etc, are making sure to keep their lawns nice and healthy.

They'll be eating their pet dogs next whilst the elites in the Holywood mountains, gated communities and Malibu beach houses all eat truffles, caviar and sip passion fruit martinis.
That sounds like a typical day at Mar A Loco with Trump & his groveling uber wealthy ass lickers.

Meanwhile....google some pics of Hollyweird, Brentwood, Rodeo Drive, etc, where all the hoity toitys live. It's brown. Everything is ugly, brown, dying or already dead. But take a gander at Streisands malibu home....JLo's...CardiB's, etc and see if they will cut back. All their properties are green, pools filled with water, and in general, THEY are not cutting back. I wonder if gruesom newsom has? Probably not.

So while old ladies and old men are going with the saying "mellow is yellow, brown is down" and don't waste water flushing their toilets, the snots in southern Cali along with other snots like Pelosi, etc, are making sure to keep their lawns nice and healthy.
Think casino magnate & Trump donor Sheldon Adelson cut back on water usage in his Las Vegas casinos before he went & took, to Trump's dissapointment a dirt nap? How much electricity did Trump's pal use up to run his resorts?

Forum List

Back