Government Deceit vs Being an American

Dec 2, 2011
SD
I've thought about this for quite a while. Look where we are. Consider how our grandparents and parents grew up. They grew up with morals and values past on to them from their parents. We get into the 50s and 60s, and our government begins to mold our thinking into believing we are better off considering ourselves first before others. That's not the right thinking. In our parents and grandparents time, everyone looked out for each other. Now it's you or me, I'll be the one standing. Even for looking at someone the wrong way. Now seriously, can you not take a serious look at where our country is going if WE allow the government to continue to make decisions for us. As much as the news puts out about what the President and Congress are doing, not one AMERICAN is saying anything or doing anything to put an end to this deceit.

Are we one big family where we look out for each other? (consider 9/11) OR are we going to become so self-centered that we just don't care about anything? When are men going to stand up and be men and take care of business and family? And, our country...

If we come together, without undue protestations, we can get our country back into the control of the people.

I've thought about this for quite a while. Look where we are. Consider how our grandparents and parents grew up. They grew up with morals and values past on to them from their parents. We get into the 50s and 60s, and our government begins to mold our thinking into believing we are better off considering ourselves first before others. That's not the right thinking. In our parents and grandparents time, everyone looked out for each other. Now it's you or me, I'll be the one standing. Even for looking at someone the wrong way. Now seriously, can you not take a serious look at where our country is going if WE allow the government to continue to make decisions for us. As much as the news puts out about what the President and Congress are doing, not one AMERICAN is saying anything or doing anything to put an end to this deceit.

Are we one big family where we look out for each other? (consider 9/11) OR are we going to become so self-centered that we just don't care about anything? When are men going to stand up and be men and take care of business and family? And, our country...

If we come together, without undue protestations, we can get our country back into the control of the people.

What makes you think it's the government's fault and not the fault of those parents you mentioned failing to pass on their values to their children? You're blaming government for their failure as parents.

How about a little personal responsibility here?

I suppose you're right. Sure parents are just as guilty. But there has to be some understanding regarding what our elected officials are doing, supposedly to help you and I. ...something I read a couple of days ago: we are first and foremost American citizens. We are not (should not) be separated by ethnicity. This is where our problems are starting. Certain actions are being accepted as okay, or tolerated. We simply need to get back to basics and teach our children right, without the input of our government.

Appreciate your feedback.

The WWII generation grew up during the depression.

They understand the value of government and the ARROGANCE of the well off.

They also mostly joinecx WITH their government serving WITH their nation to defeat true evil...the Axis powers.

So naturally they believe in the concept of government serving THE PEOPLE.

The following generations were RODE HARD AND PUT AWAY WET by the government.

So many of my generation and those that followed have never really seen government as something truly worthy of our respect.

In fact many of us see that government has gone from something serving us to something parasitically sucking the life out of us.

Todays' leftist and rightsist agree on ONE thing.

Government is out of control.

The DIF in their respective POVs isn't is government out of control, but rather WHO is controlling government to make it out of control?

The right mostly thinks its the DEMS.

The LEFT mostly thinks its the CORPORATIONS.

They are both partially correct.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back