Government, its wonderful...

gipper

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2011
No truer words could be written...

It is all the government’s fault. It is always the government’s fault. Pretty much every bad thing is the government’s fault.

The government mulcts almost half of the GDP if we count federal, state, county, and city taxes and fees. A significant proportion of these funds is then spent on further impoverishing the masses of our people with regulations, permits, licenses, compulsions, prohibitions and other requirements. As a result, our lives are much more miserable than otherwise would be the case.

The same holds true for a plethora of minor and sometimes petty difficulties we all face. Bad breath. Tooth decay. Rotting sidewalks and humongous potholes in the streets (I don’t like to brag, but New Orleans must be a “leader” in this sort of thing). Sweating. Lousy light bulbs. Pens that don’t work as well as they should. Air conditioners that fail when we need them most. Uncomfortable shoes. How can any of this possibly be laid at the door of government? It is simple. If they didn’t deplete almost half of our productivity, and make it excessively difficult for us to be economically creative … You get the point.

So, the next time bad weather interferes with our plans, or someone comes down with a debilitating disease, just remember whose fault it all is.

The reason I write this is that it helps reconcile me to issues of this sort. Without realizing where the blame really lies, I am adrift, frightened, horrified, almost. Perhaps there is something in me, I suspect most of us, such that once we realize the cause of something, it is less appalling. This works for me; I hope it will work for you, too.
It’s Government’s Fault - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com

Gipper:
So...in conclusion, it is all government's fault.

Imagine how great we could be, if government were eliminated or greatly curtailed. I am allowed to dream...well at least for now or until government f**ks that up too.

Reckon americans shouldn't have sat on their asses and watched corporate power take their representation away from them.

Reading the Declaration of Independence today, I am reminded our Founders' intent that Government is to be limited. Government is to serve the People. Government is to preserve Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. Make no apologies for American Exceptionalism. We are the Best Country in the World.

Reading the Declaration of Independence today, I am reminded our Founders' intent that Government is to be limited. Government is to serve the People. Government is to preserve Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. Make no apologies for American Exceptionalism. We are the Best Country in the World.

Senators were originally appointed by the well to do and only affluent, titled, land holding white males were allowed to participate in self governance and voting. The founding fodders were merely one side of a bickering faction of aristocrats, neither of which had any compunction about denying the rabble "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness".

Reckon americans shouldn't have sat on their asses and watched corporate power take their representation away from them.

Of course gippers post sailed over your head. Govt and corporate are screwing happily in bed.

Like I said, see if you can keep up. Then go back to bitching about your govt as if you had nothing to do with allowing this to arise.

Let's get rid of Gubment

No laws, no police, no fire departments, no health codes, no roads or bridges, no schools

Who needs em?

Senators were originally appointed by the well to do and only affluent, titled, land holding white males were allowed to participate in self governance and voting. The founding fodders were merely one side of a bickering faction of aristocrats, neither of which had any compunction about denying the rabble "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness".

Again, celebrate, don't apologize for America. America was great enough to evolve. Contrast with the nation states that the Lefties in this Country insist on appeasing today........go wag your finger at them. Those countries are bickering, aristocrats, land holding, titled, and affluent who provide no upward mobility or equal rights.

Let's get rid of Gubment

No laws, no police, no fire departments, no health codes, no roads or bridges, no schools

Who needs em?

Not No Government, Limited Government. And please stop the FUD about police, fire, health, and infrastructure. It's tired and old. Further, what good is Government if they are going to turn on the police and let people tear down/destroy infrastructure anyways? We saw that in Baltimore.

Gipper my apologies. I don't have IGNORE list of any. One day I looked....,.there you were? I wondered what happened to you!

Problem fixed......

Again, celebrate, don't apologize for America. America was great enough to evolve. Contrast with the nation states that the Lefties in this Country insist on appeasing today........go wag your finger at them. Those countries are bickering, aristocrats, land holding, titled, and affluent who provide no upward mobility or equal rights.

Theyre quick to walk the founders off the plank but its really a deep recessed hate within themselves in that they would have never had the nads to fight against the tyranny of the crown. In essence, they are the tories. King George would even blush at the circus we have today.

Let's get rid of Gubment

Who needs em?
Getting rid of government doesn't require getting rid of anything on your list.

That was not an apology, but rather abject reality. America was not great enough to evolve, it is rather that some individuals were great enough to mass together and take away from america that which should have been theirs if the founders had been honest forthright men. It is a lesson in how power behaves toward the unsubstantial people even where power is blathering on endlessly about how equal we all are. Which is why we still have to fight for upward mobility or equal rights for all.

Of course gippers post sailed over your head. Govt and corporate are screwing happily in bed.

Like I said, see if you can keep up. Then go back to bitching about your govt as if you had nothing to do with allowing this to arise.

You did. I didn't.

How many personalities are you on here?

Voting and freedom are two different things, moron. We had all the freedom you could imagine in the 18th Century.

Forum List

Back