Government Raid Seizes $90,000 of Healthy Food Grown by Nourish Cooperative

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Story at-a-glance

Nourish Cooperative is a farm cooperative that provides fresh, whole foods, such as low-PUFA eggs, raw milk, and “needle-free” grass fed and/or corn- and soy-free meat

On November 3, 2023, 15 of their corn- and soy-free, low-PUFA hogs were seized due to a misunderstanding on processing

On May 28, 2024, the cooperative was raided, and over $90,000 worth of product was put under “cease and desist” by the state of Michigan

The raid took place over the course of about four to five hours, and started with four government employees arriving in a government marked car, including a human food inspector, an animal food inspector and two dairy inspectors

Nourish Cooperative is fighting back to protect traditional foods and the right to access these healing products from small farms.

Thank goodness they got that scary raw milk/products off the streets!

Raw milk/products can cause some health issues if not handled correctly.....Well no shit.....So can driving, smoking, drinking, ect.

I had rather use raw milk/products from a place that I have confidence in right here in the USA rather than stuff imported from Mexico, China, or some other shit-hole country where they still use their finger to wipe their ass.

I know freedom is scary to the weak-willed but it's better than the alternative.

Whitmer illegally and falsely imprisoned millions of Michiganders.

That creepy kunt should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Why aren't they pasteurizing the milk? ... and why are you getting your milk from Mexico or China? ... all our dairy products come from local dairies ... all within 50 miles, except specialty items like imported cheeses ...

"Lies of Omission" ... the article only references the laws they're in compliance with, not the ones they're violating ... that's pretty one sided ... liberal organic farmers in Michigan do use they hands to wipe their butts ... and that has to be on the label ... "human feces added for better consistency" ... don't you know how ecologically damaging toilet paper is? ... what kind of Greenie are you anyway? ...

An organic co-op with $90,000? ... ridiculous ... this is a for-profit business cheating customers ... selling pork full of trichinosis ...

I like to buy frozen meat, specifically bison and elk, that it 100% organic. Chicken I get locally raised.

Also look for organic fruits and veggies, go about 50/50 between organic and factory farms.

Dairy milk is out, almond milk is better.

I don't know the back story on this raid, though.

Forum List

Back