Government tells Americans to stop eating cookie dough

Next thing you know, it will be illegal to buy raw milk!
As it should be. Jesus, do you people understand nothing of biology at all?
You sure don't.raw milk is harmelss
No, it isn't. Pasteur figured out how to fix that about 150 years ago. Time to catch up on the latest science.
We have refrigeration now they didn't back then,people have been drinking raw milk for years and self included with no problems hysteria shows a lack of intelligence.

No, it isn't. Pasteur figured out how to fix that about 150 years ago. Time to catch up on the latest science.
We have refrigeration now they didn't back then,people have been drinking raw milk for years and self included with no problems hysteria shows a lack of intelligence.
Biological reality isn't hysteria. People have been drinking raw milk since they first discovered cows but now we know why they shouldn't, well, some of us do.

And tell me, why would you want to drink the milk that feeds the infants of another species? Your need for milk, human milk, stopped at roughly the same time you were potty trained. I use milk in cooking but I never drink it. There's no need to.

Raw milk is far superior in nutrition then processed milk.
So you believe, but it's a lie of course. And you need milk like a hole in the head. No adult does, and no child does after infancy when they need human milk, not the milk of cows.
You have no idea what your blabbering about,but keep going your doing so well.

So you got a magical link proving what yu claim is a lie?

I'll give you a 100 years to find one,you'll need the time.

So you believe, but it's a lie of course. And you need milk like a hole in the head. No adult does, and no child does after infancy when they need human milk, not the milk of cows.
You have no idea what your blabbering about,but keep going your doing so well.

So you got a magical link proving what yu claim is a lie?

I'll give you a 100 years to find one,you'll need the time.
I'll need the first link from a Google search. From the CDC:

"Does pasteurization change milk’s nutritional benefits?
No. Many studies have shown that pasteurization does not significantly change the nutritional value of milk and dairy products. All of the nutritional benefits of drinking milk are available from pasteurized milk without the risk of disease that comes with drinking raw milk."
Raw Milk Questions and Answers Raw Milk Food Safety CDC

The problem with the Nanny Guberment. They suck the joy out of your life one step at a time. Merry Christmas from your Wonderful MASTERS..:rolleyes-41:

SNIP:
The U.S. Department of Agriculture has issued an order that millions of Americans will likely find impossible to carry out: stop eating raw cookie dough.
“Avoid raw or partially cooked eggs or foods containing raw eggs, such as cookie dough,”

USDA advised in an email over the weekend.

Mission: Impossible — The government has said people need to stop eating cookie dough.

Carrying out that simple 15-word recommendation would radically change millions of lives, from families who routinely bake cookies and invite the kids to scoop batter out of the bowl, to people who scarf down pre-packaged cookie dough, to everyone who eats cookie dough found in ice cream.

Simply put, it’s not immediately clear that America is ready to take on USDA’s mission. But it’s also unclear if it’s necessary — there is something of a debate over whether it’s safe to eat cookie dough, or whether the risk of getting salmonella from raw eggs is too high.
Some, likeFoodBeast.com, say it’s “actually really hard to get salmonella from eggs.” The site has an article up noting that bakers routinely eat batter and never get sick, and say the trick is in making sure the eggs are refrigerated.

And cookie dough found in ice cream is pasteurized, making it safe to eat, according to various online food experts.

But many still note the danger, and the 2009 recall of raw dough from Nestle that got dozens of people sick from E. coli. A Las Vegas motherdied in 2013of E. coli after eating raw cookie dough.

EatRight.Org, a group of food and nutritional professionals, sides with USDA, and says people must “resist the cookie dough temptation.”

all of it here:
Government tells Americans to stop eating cookie dough TheBlaze.com

Not sure what your issue is.

USDA puts out food safety advisories.

Luckily adults can and do ignore them, but I think its a good thing to know the risks.

I just don't like raw cookie dough but I wouldn't let the raw eggs stop me- any more than I would let that stop me from having a true Caeser salad.

Biological reality isn't hysteria. People have been drinking raw milk since they first discovered cows but now we know why they shouldn't, well, some of us do.

And tell me, why would you want to drink the milk that feeds the infants of another species? Your need for milk, human milk, stopped at roughly the same time you were potty trained. I use milk in cooking but I never drink it. There's no need to.

A woman who makes cheese from milk from her own farm told me her take on pasteurization: She and her family will drink raw milk from their own animals- because a) they know the conditions the animals and the milk are kept in and b) because her family is constantly exposed to the bacterial environment of that farm and their bodies are used to it.

However- she pasteurizes all the milk she uses for making cheese. She is not going to take the risk of someone getting sick from her products.

Drink raw milk if you want- modern raw milk is going to be safe most of the time- but I don't and won't.

Link?
Oh I'm sure there are plenty of nutter sites claiming such a thing. They also ignore science, like this poster.
LOL who's the nutter?
The nutter is the one who thinks it's a good idea to drink, raw no less, what comes from the teat of a cow that's actually designed to feed baby cows, not human beings of any age let alone fucking adults. The last time you needed milk it came from the breasts of your mother.

A woman who makes cheese from milk from her own farm told me her take on pasteurization: She and her family will drink raw milk from their own animals- because a) they know the conditions the animals and the milk are kept in and b) because her family is constantly exposed to the bacterial environment of that farm and their bodies are used to it.

However- she pasteurizes all the milk she uses for making cheese. She is not going to take the risk of someone getting sick from her products.

Drink raw milk if you want- modern raw milk is going to be safe most of the time- but I don't and won't.
Choice is a good thing,you made yours others make theirs.

Forum List

Back