governor walker pranked

Close enough to have the governor's private number and close enough to take up 20 minutes of the governor's time.

Let's see you or me do that.

Youve never had conversations more than 20 minutes long with people you aren't close too?

And when was the last time you had a 20 minute phone conversation with a governor of a state?

I have been a meeting with a Governor for around 20 minutes & we did not know each-other before that.

It doesn't bother you that the Governor of a state would spell out a plan to act dishonestly to someone who he thinks is a billionaire who supports him?
he doesnt do that
you are reading spin into it

Yes he does. You either haven't listened to the conversation or are being deliberately obtuse.

I know you aren't obtuse, so I'll go with the former. So here you go; no excuse now:

Walker: .....An interesting idea that was brought up to me this morning by my chief of staff, we won’t do it until tomorrow is putting out an appeal to the Democrat leader that I would be willing to sit down and talk to him, the Assembly Democrat leader, plus the other two Republican leaders — talk, not negotiate and listen to what they have to say if they will in turn — but I’ll only do it if all 14 of them will come back and sit down in the state assembly. They can recess it to come back in the room to talk to me, but they all have to go back there. The reason is — we’re verifying it this afternoon — but legally, we believe, once they’ve gone into session, they don’t physically have to be there. If they’re actually in session for that day, and they take a recess, the 19 Senate Republicans could then go into action and they’d have a quorum because they started out that way. So we’re double checking that.

If you heard that I was going to talk to them, that would be the only reason why.
We would only do it if they came back to the Capitol with all 14 of them. My sense is hell, I’ll talk to them, if they want to yell at me for an hour, you know I’m used to that, I can deal with that, but I’m not negotiating.

Transcript of prank call to Walker - JSOnline

Clearly Walker is into trickery and clearly he is afraid that Koch might think he's caved.
i see nothing wrong with that
i see much more wrong with those dems leaving the state

The best part of this is the how the rightwingers are reacting exactly as you knew they would.
you mean reacting like this is no big deal

LOL
and you fucking morons are acting like its the end of the world and we are LAUGHING at you

he doesnt do that
you are reading spin into it

Yes he does. You either haven't listened to the conversation or are being deliberately obtuse.

I know you aren't obtuse, so I'll go with the former. So here you go; no excuse now:

Walker: .....An interesting idea that was brought up to me this morning by my chief of staff, we won’t do it until tomorrow is putting out an appeal to the Democrat leader that I would be willing to sit down and talk to him, the Assembly Democrat leader, plus the other two Republican leaders — talk, not negotiate and listen to what they have to say if they will in turn — but I’ll only do it if all 14 of them will come back and sit down in the state assembly. They can recess it to come back in the room to talk to me, but they all have to go back there. The reason is — we’re verifying it this afternoon — but legally, we believe, once they’ve gone into session, they don’t physically have to be there. If they’re actually in session for that day, and they take a recess, the 19 Senate Republicans could then go into action and they’d have a quorum because they started out that way. So we’re double checking that.

If you heard that I was going to talk to them, that would be the only reason why.
We would only do it if they came back to the Capitol with all 14 of them. My sense is hell, I’ll talk to them, if they want to yell at me for an hour, you know I’m used to that, I can deal with that, but I’m not negotiating.

Transcript of prank call to Walker - JSOnline

Clearly Walker is into trickery and clearly he is afraid that Koch might think he's caved.
i see nothing wrong with that
i see much more wrong with those dems leaving the state

That's your prerogative. My only point was to show you that the governor has no intention of acting in good faith, and that could change the entire course of the debate, in order to answer your original question.

Walker's 2008 Issues:

"Milwaukee County Executive Scott Walker wants a 26% pay raise for his chief of staff, former Ald. Tom Nardelli, while bypassing traditional County Board approval in quietly issuing large pay raises over the summer to several other top aides.

"Nardelli would get the biggest pay increase of top-tier county officials, a nearly $20,000 raise to $95,000 a year. Seven county administrators also scored increases of up to 12.5%.

"Some supervisors are upset about being left out of the decision-making process for many of the raises and say Walker's timing couldn't be worse.

"Heavily rewarding a few top managers while Walker puts final touches on a 2009 budget that's expected to call for scores of layoffs of union workers sends a message of callous disregard, critics of the raises say.

"Among the other big winners among Walker's top aides was Mitchell International Airport Director Barry Bateman. His pay rises $13,595, or 11%, to $136,299 a year. Facilities Management Director Jack Takerian got an $11,771 (12.5%) raise, to nearly $106,000."

Walker issues...

The best part of this is the how the rightwingers are reacting exactly as you knew they would.

LOL
and you fucking morons are acting like its the end of the world and we are LAUGHING at you

Yeah and we said ACORN videos were made by a convicted felon who selectively edited and never provided the full story. And thats the truth.

Funny how the truth always seems to be absent in your arguments.

LOL

Yeah and we said ACORN videos were made by a convicted felon who selectively edited and never provided the full story. And thats the truth.

Funny how the truth always seems to be absent in your arguments.
no that is a lie
but you are a dishonest PoS

LOL

Everything but the convicted felon part is correct. He was facing possible felony charges but pleaded guilty to lesser misdemeanor charges.

The senate dems fled the state like a bunch of petulant little children.

They don't need talking to, they need a spanking.

So you agree that the Senate GOP members were acting like a bunch of petulant little children for the two years it took 60 votes to pass anything in the Senate.

no, thats where you are

No need to spin. The tape speaks for itself.
yes, it does
but somehow you see it saying more than it actually does

What does the tape say to you, divecon?

I am very interested in reading your take on what the tape says about Scott Walker, his agenda, the nature of his relationship with the Koch brothers, and what that all means to you.

Let's hear it.

The senate dems fled the state like a bunch of petulant little children.

They don't need talking to, they need a spanking.

So you agree that the Senate GOP members were acting like a bunch of petulant little children for the two years it took 60 votes to pass anything in the Senate.
no, they stayed there and did their jobs

Heh ... they are doing what the Senate GOP members did ... they are doing what is legally within their power to stop a piece of legislation from moving forward. Not a shocking answer from you though.

No need to spin. The tape speaks for itself.
yes, it does
but somehow you see it saying more than it actually does

What does the tape say to you, divecon?

I am very interested in reading your take on what the tape says about Scott Walker, his agenda, the nature of his relationship with the Koch brothers, and what that all means to you.

Let's hear it.
that he doesnt know the Koch brothers and has no connections to them other than they are employers in his state

Forum List

Back