governor walker pranked

This story is already dying.

It will be forgotten by Monday.

Non-issue, and not relevant.

This could alter the course of his expected concessions.
how?

Well, for one thing, it shows that Walker and his colleagues are planning dirty tricks to try and fool the Democrats into coming back into Wisconsin.

So, the assumption now is that they are talking to someone who is acting on bad faith.

Therefore, Walker just lost a degree of leverage in any talks he might have.

This could alter the course of his expected concessions.
how?

Well, for one thing, it shows that Walker and his colleagues are planning dirty tricks to try and fool the Democrats into coming back into Wisconsin.

So, the assumption now is that they are talking to someone who is acting on bad faith.

really?
i didnt see anything like that

Then there is the whole other facet of enlisting David Koch to buy commercial time in Wisconsin to influence public opinion there.

BTW, the last I checked, The Koch brothers were from Kansas. When Obama, the President of the United States, spoke about what what going on in Wisconsin, he was told to "mind his own business".

But when someone from Kansas calls, they get a private line.

really?

Have you listened to the tape?

Last edited:
On a side note, can anyone imagine how bat-shit crazy the conservatives would go if someone pretending to be George Soros pulled a similar stunt on a prominent Democrat politician?

Heh ...

FAKE KOCH: Well, I'll tell ya what, Scott. Once you crush these bastards, I'll fly ya out to Cali and really show you a good time.

WALKER: Alright. That would be outstanding. Thanks for all the support and helping us move the cause forward.

Then there is the whole other facet of enlisting David Koch to buy commercial time in Wisconsin to influence public opinion there.

BTW, the last I checked, The Koch brothers were from Kansas. When Obama, the President of the United States, spoke about what what going on in Wisconsin, he was told to "mind his own business".

um, what part of Koch didnt actually call are you missing
basically ANYONE could have called
but i bet they have someone actually check them out from now on
i know i would

Heh ...

FAKE KOCH: Well, I'll tell ya what, Scott. Once you crush these bastards, I'll fly ya out to Cali and really show you a good time.

WALKER: Alright. That would be outstanding. Thanks for all the support and helping us move the cause forward.
there was more after that

On a side note, can anyone imagine how bat-shit crazy the conservatives would go if someone pretending to be George Soros pulled a similar stunt on a prominent Democrat politician?

Imagine this:

FAKE SOROS: Well, I'll tell ya what, Barack. Once you crush these bastards, I'll fly ya out to Lux and really show you a good time.

OBAMA: Alright. That would be outstanding. Thanks for all the support and helping us move the cause forward.

Conservatives: Ka-BOOM!!!

really?

Have you listened to the tape?

Because in case you haven't, or missed it, that would be the part where Walker tells the guy he thinks is Koch about luring the Democrats into the state house under the pretense of negotiating with him in private chambers while the Senate GOP calls it a "quorum" as they are in the State House and holds a vote.*

*Pending checking the legalities of such an action.

If you missed it, Walker lays it all out in great detail.

In other words, Walker is desperate.

Heh ...

there was more after that

Lemme guess you are in the middle of a full course press to try and spin this.

i know i would

You might be the only person in America that thinks it's relevant that it wasn't actually Koch on the line.

The only thing that matters is that Walker thought it was Koch on the line.

Here, I'll give you an example:

A female police officer that dresses up as a hooker to catch John's in a sting operation does not, in fact, have to actually be a hooker.

Imagine this:

FAKE SOROS: Well, I'll tell ya what, Barack. Once you crush these bastards, I'll fly ya out to Lux and really show you a good time.

OBAMA: Alright. That would be outstanding. Thanks for all the support and helping us move the cause forward.

Conservatives: Ka-BOOM!!!

Hell, they are already ape-shit over Soros, even without such a tape.

i know i would

You might be the only person in America that thinks it's relevant that it wasn't actually Koch on the line.

A female police officer that dresses up as a hooker to catch John's in a sting operation does not, in fact, have to actually be a hooker.
he said notning that has any problems with it for me
i see you want to make it into something it isnt
Kerry on

i know i would

Kerry on

It doesn't bother you that the Governor of a state would spell out a plan to act dishonestly to someone who he thinks is a billionaire who supports him?

Hell, Walker was so giddy that he was talking to Koch and blabbed so much that the pranker had to end the call.

Last edited:

Kerry on

It doesn't bother you that the Governor of a state would spell out a plan to act dishonestly to someone who he thinks is a billionaire who supports him?
he doesnt do that
you are reading spin into it

WOW. This is great. I mean we have the leverage now to get him ousted from his seat. Conspiracy with an out of state interest is very serious. He's toast and lost already.

Kerry on

he doesnt do that
you are reading spin into it

Yes he does. You either haven't listened to the conversation or are being deliberately obtuse.

I know you aren't obtuse, so I'll go with the former. So here you go; no excuse now:

Walker: .....An interesting idea that was brought up to me this morning by my chief of staff, we won’t do it until tomorrow is putting out an appeal to the Democrat leader that I would be willing to sit down and talk to him, the Assembly Democrat leader, plus the other two Republican leaders — talk, not negotiate and listen to what they have to say if they will in turn — but I’ll only do it if all 14 of them will come back and sit down in the state assembly. They can recess it to come back in the room to talk to me, but they all have to go back there. The reason is — we’re verifying it this afternoon — but legally, we believe, once they’ve gone into session, they don’t physically have to be there. If they’re actually in session for that day, and they take a recess, the 19 Senate Republicans could then go into action and they’d have a quorum because they started out that way. So we’re double checking that.

If you heard that I was going to talk to them, that would be the only reason why.
We would only do it if they came back to the Capitol with all 14 of them. My sense is hell, I’ll talk to them, if they want to yell at me for an hour, you know I’m used to that, I can deal with that, but I’m not negotiating.

Transcript of prank call to Walker - JSOnline

Clearly Walker is into trickery and clearly he is afraid that Koch might think he's caved.

Forum List

Back