Govt Saved her from her Addiction

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
and this is the thanks they get.... Why can't she just be grateful, after all govt knows best
Chronic pain patient leads charge in favor of opioids, despite addiction fears
Johnson, of Shafer, Minn., said she could function normally when she was taking opioids for the pain. But after being weaned off of the medication, she can hardly leave her house due to agony from regular movement.

Johnson is determined to give chronic pain patients a voice in the current opioid addiction crisis.

and this is the thanks they get.... Why can't she just be grateful, after all govt knows best
Johnson, of Shafer, Minn., said she could function normally when she was taking opioids for the pain. But after being weaned off of the medication, she can hardly leave her house due to agony from regular movement.

Johnson is determined to give chronic pain patients a voice in the current opioid addiction crisis.
/——/ It’s a short term solution to a long term problem.
Tachyphylaxis
Tachyphylaxis is a medical term describing an acute, sudden decrease in response to a drug after its administration, i.e. opioids Wikipedia

/——/ It’s a short term solution to a long term problem.
Tachyphylaxis
Tachyphylaxis is a medical term describing an acute, sudden decrease in response to a drug after its administration, i.e. opioids Wikipedia
Read full article, it mentions the amount it had to be increased. I call this malpractice and cruelty

Let me tell you this. I had very painful knee surgery last year for which opioids were indicated. Despite that, despite the fact that I had a LEGITIMATE MEDICAL NEED, no history of abuse or addiction, I could only get enough for 7 days at a time.

Further, despite the fact that I could barely walk, was supposed to stay off my feet, and couldn't bend my knee to get into my car to drive, by law:
  • The surgeons office could not give me more at a time.
  • Could not call in the prescription.
  • Could not issue it until the DAY my old meds ran out.
  • No one but me could pick it up.
  • No matter my pain, how I felt, the weather, etc., I had to go down two flights of stairs, force my knee to bend to get into or out of my car NINE times in order to drive to the doctor's office, pick up the script, drive to the pharmacy, the long walk in and out, and the drive home, every week for several months.
  • Doing that greatly exacerbated the pain on my knee not only making it far worse, but greatly prolonged the healing.
  • Despite taking Hydrocodon in high does for months, there were no side effects no even the slightest addiction or withdrawal problems.
None of this in any way addresses the supposed "opiod" crisis which I'm not sure I even believe exists because the real problem is an illegal market, not legitimate meds prescribed by legitimate doctors for legitimate patients with legitimate needs. They have the reign so tight on both doctors and patients that they cannot possibly be giving out enough of anything to cause a problem, much less addition or death. If anyone is huffing enough of the stuff down to die from, they must be getting it illegally, making all these rules for doctors, hospitals, pharmacies and patients a bag of BULLSHIT.

Interesting. She was taking at least ten pills a day and was cut back to two a day. The article doesn't mention the strength or type of Opioid she was taking.

I know an old addict that was given a pain pump so they could just give them self a shot whenever the need arises who have been cutoff and limited now. He was giddy when he describe his drug pump to me twenty plus years ago. Last I heard he was cutoff of having the pump and is having a hard time coping with the pain now as the pump is gone and his bones have deteriorated to a point which is beyond anything surgery can repair.

Let me tell you this. I had very painful knee surgery last year for which opioids were indicated. Despite that, despite the fact that I had a LEGITIMATE MEDICAL NEED, no history of abuse or addiction, I could only get enough for 7 days at a time.

Further, despite the fact that I could barely walk, was supposed to stay off my feet, and couldn't bend my knee to get into my car to drive, by law:
  • No matter my pain, how I felt, the weather, etc., I had to go down two flights of stairs, force my knee to bend to get into or out of my car NINE times in order to drive to the doctor's office, pick up the script, drive to the pharmacy, the long walk in and out, and the drive home, every week for several months.
  • Doing that greatly exacerbated the pain on my knee not only making it far worse, but greatly prolonged the healing.
  • Despite taking Hydrocodon in high does for months, there were no side effects no even the slightest addiction or withdrawal problems.
None of this in any way addresses the supposed "opiod" crisis which I'm not sure I even believe exists because the real problem is an illegal market, not legitimate meds prescribed by legitimate doctors for legitimate patients with legitimate needs. They have the reign so tight on both doctors and patients that they cannot possibly be giving out enough of anything to cause a problem, much less addition or death. If anyone is huffing enough of the stuff down to die from, they must be getting it illegally, making all these rules for doctors, hospitals, pharmacies and patients a bag of BULLSHIT.
20 yrs ago I took Percocet on daily basis for cpl monthes for headaches. Dr couldn't find a cause eventually they ceased. Fast forward to today had my hand and wrist operated on for injury sustained at work and all the Dr would prescribe is fake opiods….which was just extra strength Tylenol. 3 days later I'm rdy to rip my cast off and that's when the lies started. Also prescribed was an anti anxiety antihistamine that they claimed boosted the Tylenol, problem was it didnt say that on any of the literature they handed me or on the FDA website so I told em I was fairly certain they were claiming something that wasn't true. Boom down goes the phone. Called DR, he said there were so many formulations of it he couldn't spend the time trying to find the right one for me despite the fact they had been giving it to me overnite so could have use d that formulation ALso went to druggist asked em how many there were ...3 he said...bunch of damn liars who think their patients are idiots

Last edited:
It is always the law abiding, rule following people that pay the price when the government tries to fix a problem.

That describes what my family doctor was telling me some twenty plus years ago. I think now it may be the insurance companies in the background of all this type of BS of state agencies becoming dictators over patient care.

I didn't ask my doctor for any pills when I got out of the hospital for surgery last Fall. My son had asked why they didn't give me some (incision was from my breast bone to my pelvic bone). He was pretty upset that mom may be in pain and thought the doctors were being heartless. I simply didn't want any and told son that. I figured eventually the pain from the surgery would subside but a totally different area of where surgery was done. I may have wanted pain pills had it been a leg issue.

Forum List

Back