Gowdy to become chairman of House oversight committee

Great decision, but isn't this troubling? I don't follow it close enough to know these things but, this startled me:

Rep. Elijah Cummings, who served alongside Gowdy as the top Democrat on the House Select Committee on Benghazi, congratulated the incoming Chair, as he will now be reunited as the ranking Democrat on the oversight panel.

"I look forward to working with him in a constructive and bipartisan manner on an agenda that serves the interests of the American people," Cummings said in a statement. "He is our Chairman, and we pledge to support his efforts whenever we can."

How can Cummings control this position when he has shown a clear bias of Donald J Trump, to the point of calling him illegitimate and boycotting his inauguration. That is truly insulting. Cummings hardly beams bi-partisan.

Great decision, but isn't this troubling? I don't follow it close enough to know these things but, this startled me:

Rep. Elijah Cummings, who served alongside Gowdy as the top Democrat on the House Select Committee on Benghazi, congratulated the incoming Chair, as he will now be reunited as the ranking Democrat on the oversight panel.

"I look forward to working with him in a constructive and bipartisan manner on an agenda that serves the interests of the American people," Cummings said in a statement. "He is our Chairman, and we pledge to support his efforts whenever we can."

How can Cummings control this position when he has shown a clear bias of Donald J Trump, to the point of calling him illegitimate and boycotting his inauguration. That is truly insulting. Cummings hardly beams bi-partisan.

The question is Trey Gowdy. He has shown that he is a partisan hack. It is likely the committee will be about screwing Democrats and excusing Trump. Jason Chaffetz acted in a bi-partisan manner by requesting a investigation by the IG be expanded to include certain matter involving Comey's memos.

Forum List

Back