Grandfather of Oklahoma teen killed by homeowner in burglary says AR15 made for ‘unfair’ fight

The homeowner was a cheater. He brought a Game Genie to a Classic NES fight, and should be punished for it.

And you can also kill your neighbor, your neighbors wife, his kids, his dog, and more even if you hit the bad guy. Yah, Yah, it was in the basement. Sure. But grabbing the AR for home defense means you have to nicely ask the bad guys to please come into the basement so you won't jeapordize your community when you kill them. I am sure that the next time they will cooperate fully. If you think a 12 gauge double ought won't kill you know nothing about weapons and shouldn't even be in this discussion.

Better to wait until you are dead, right?

I would rather face an AR than a 12 gauge. You might miss with an AR and you might not kill me if you hit. I won't be so lucky with the 12 gauge. I can see you know nothing about the damage a 12 gauge does without penetrating outside of the room too far. It doesn't just put a hole in your arm. It takes your arm off. This is why the Remington Model 870 is the #1 Home Defense Weapon in the US.

But I would wait until YOU are dead though.

Oh I know how deadly a 12 gauge is. Probably been using one since long before you were born.

a couple of points:

1. I will never question any law abiding citizen as to how to defend their own home.

2. With all the discussion about banning AR style rifles, you seem to forget that, especially in school shootings, the AR would fall at least to 3rd place as to effective killing machines in these environments. 1.) shotgun 2.) semi auto pistals then MAYBE 3.) AR style rifles.

So, if you ban the AR, the killers will actually seek out the more effective (in close quarters), shotgun or handgun(s).

You don't solve the problem, you create a worse problem.

We aren't talking about mass shootings here. We are talking about home defense. And unless you are older than dirt, I doubt you have handled shotguns more than I have. And unless you retired from the Military, I doubt you have handled weapons more than I have. I retired from the Military 30 years ago so that should give you an idea of my age. So let's not get into a "Whose Pecker is Longer" discussion here. Mine is long enough to get the job done.

Safe Home Defense is still safer with the Remington Model 870 as it's the one most suggested, and owned by home owners today and has been for many years. It doesn't normally shoot through more than one wall. But it stops the bad guy in one shot. And it doesn't have to have a dead center to do it. You can miss by a foot and still get the job done. I am not saying that he was wrong using the AR in his home defense. The Best Gun is the one you have. But you have a prior choice of what you can use and there are safer and sometimes more lethal guns out there and the Model 870 just happens to be the best tool and the safest.

The entire discussion is not about what is best for home defense, but about home defense. I am one of those that will never question another about how they choose to defend their home. Don't want to defend your home? I don't care. Want to? Be my guest. You say the shotgun would be better? Better then what? What he had seemed to do the job just fine. Bottom line, it worked.

It worked only because he was in the basement. Poor choice of home defense weapon. And very dangerous for the community. I can see where this is another case of "You can't tell ME what to do" even when it's a danger to the community. The ONLY time the AR is the best choice is when it's the only choice. Otherwise, it's the worst choice unless the other choice is the semi auto 338 Winchester Magnum.

I would rather face an AR than a 12 gauge. You might miss with an AR and you might not kill me if you hit. I won't be so lucky with the 12 gauge. I can see you know nothing about the damage a 12 gauge does without penetrating outside of the room too far. It doesn't just put a hole in your arm. It takes your arm off. This is why the Remington Model 870 is the #1 Home Defense Weapon in the US.

Oh I know how deadly a 12 gauge is. Probably been using one since long before you were born.

a couple of points:

1. I will never question any law abiding citizen as to how to defend their own home.

2. With all the discussion about banning AR style rifles, you seem to forget that, especially in school shootings, the AR would fall at least to 3rd place as to effective killing machines in these environments. 1.) shotgun 2.) semi auto pistals then MAYBE 3.) AR style rifles.

So, if you ban the AR, the killers will actually seek out the more effective (in close quarters), shotgun or handgun(s).

We aren't talking about mass shootings here. We are talking about home defense. And unless you are older than dirt, I doubt you have handled shotguns more than I have. And unless you retired from the Military, I doubt you have handled weapons more than I have. I retired from the Military 30 years ago so that should give you an idea of my age. So let's not get into a "Whose Pecker is Longer" discussion here. Mine is long enough to get the job done.

Safe Home Defense is still safer with the Remington Model 870 as it's the one most suggested, and owned by home owners today and has been for many years. It doesn't normally shoot through more than one wall. But it stops the bad guy in one shot. And it doesn't have to have a dead center to do it. You can miss by a foot and still get the job done. I am not saying that he was wrong using the AR in his home defense. The Best Gun is the one you have. But you have a prior choice of what you can use and there are safer and sometimes more lethal guns out there and the Model 870 just happens to be the best tool and the safest.

The entire discussion is not about what is best for home defense, but about home defense. I am one of those that will never question another about how they choose to defend their home. Don't want to defend your home? I don't care. Want to? Be my guest. You say the shotgun would be better? Better then what? What he had seemed to do the job just fine. Bottom line, it worked.

It worked only because he was in the basement. Poor choice of home defense weapon. And very dangerous for the community. I can see where this is another case of "You can't tell ME what to do" even when it's a danger to the community. The ONLY time the AR is the best choice is when it's the only choice. Otherwise, it's the worst choice unless the other choice is the semi auto 338 Winchester Magnum.

The danger to the community was caused by those breaking in, not by the way the owner decided to confront them.

And you can also kill your neighbor, your neighbors wife, his kids, his dog, and more even if you hit the bad guy. Yah, Yah, it was in the basement. Sure. But grabbing the AR for home defense means you have to nicely ask the bad guys to please come into the basement so you won't jeapordize your community when you kill them. I am sure that the next time they will cooperate fully. If you think a 12 gauge double ought won't kill you know nothing about weapons and shouldn't even be in this discussion.

a couple of points:

yea, you come at me in my house you've got not only guns to worry about but a hatchet and several different forms of knives and swords. i'll use whatever is handy i think will help and not worry about how it may offend the PC crowd who'd in that same situation would use whatever they had to defend themselves also.

The gun grabbers only want us to have weapons that can't kill anyone.

Isn't that a riot?

a couple of points:

again - preference. my best friend served several tours in iraq. he prefers the AR for overall use and if someone came at him and he had guns to pick up that would likely be what he'd pick up. if you're used to the 870 (great gun, btw. i got one with a pistol grip and cameo colors) then pick it up and blow holes in walls and people. if you're used to the AR, pick it up and open fire. if i don't have time to get to my guns, i'll pick up whatever i can do the most damage with at the time. hatchet, excalibur, double bladed ax on my wall....

the big point again isn't what is *best* as that is subjective. the point is that if you break into my home, i can bazooka you with bean bags, shoot you with shotguns, or thrown an axe at you.

NOT your call how i choose to defend my home.

The AR-15 has only one mode.

As for the thugs, there's nothing tragic about them being dead. Good riddance to a couple of Democrats.

Oh, I see. Even if they were Republicans before, they miraculously transformed into Democrats seconds before they were killed, right? They weren't Republicans or Democrats. They were Criminals. Get off the Right and the Left Bs thing.

Hmmmm, no. Criminals vote Democrat. It's a documented fact.

Around here, most criminal vote republican.

Sure, our prisons are just loaded with Republicans. :21:
Yeah, people who were raised on welfare turn out to be Republicans!

And let's not forget single parent homes as well.

The AR-15 has only one mode.

As for the thugs, there's nothing tragic about them being dead. Good riddance to a couple of Democrats.

Oh, I see. Even if they were Republicans before, they miraculously transformed into Democrats seconds before they were killed, right? They weren't Republicans or Democrats. They were Criminals. Get off the Right and the Left Bs thing.

Sure are. Around here, the majority of the people vote republican. That means that the majority of the criminals will be republican as well. Criminals really aren't one party of the other in reality. They are just criminals. To say that they are one party or the other just makes excuses why they are Criminals.

Most criminals come from single-parent homes in lower income areas. How do lower income areas vote again?

a couple of points:

what about a small cannon that fires bowling balls? open the door and the intruder sees you there with a lighter over a cannon fuse...

Story sounded familiar and then noticed article was from a year ago.

The only time a Good Guy with a Gun stopped a Bad Guy with a Gun was when a Bad Guy committed Suicide rather than be taken alive. Yeah, I know, all those 3rd hand stories but there really isn't any truth in any of it.

There isn't? Would you like some links to them? If you don't like the sources, you can always cross reference them yourself with Google.

The reason you don't know about them is because the media controls people like you. If they don't report it, it didn't really happen. It's all part of the Democrat brainwashing game; a modern 1984 method of being reprogrammed.

When a cop shoots an unarmed black thug, it's national media. When local citizens defends themselves with a firearm, or otherwise stops a crime using a firearm, it's only a local story at best and you don't hear about it.

If you had the links you would have posted them. Now, how about posting them so we can all Fact Check them. Let the Games Begin.

Jail survey: 7 in 10 felons register as Democrats

Notice that there are still no gun grabbers posting in this thread.

Because there’s so such thing .

What’s the point of this thread anyway? You mad the kids didn’t have ARs themselves? Because you want them to be made available to teens .

You have evidence that a criminal teen can't get a gun?

Please, give us all that info
it happens in Chicago daily.
Right . Because of gun nut states . They make straw purchases so easy . Where do you think all those guns on the streets of Chicago come from ?

What’s the point of this thread anyway? You mad the kids didn’t have ARs themselves? Because you want them to be made available to teens .

Right . Because of gun nut states . They make straw purchases so easy . Where do you think all those guns on the streets of Chicago come from ?
you know? you should let the police in Chicago know.

Sure are. Around here, the majority of the people vote republican. That means that the majority of the criminals will be republican as well. Criminals really aren't one party of the other in reality. They are just criminals. To say that they are one party or the other just makes excuses why they are Criminals.

Most criminals come from single-parent homes in lower income areas. How do lower income areas vote again?

Makin crap up again are we ?

You act as if Chicago is the only city in the country. It’s an outlier because of its gang problem and turf wars.

Cities in gun control blue states do better on gun crime than cities in gun nut red states .

You act as if Chicago is the only city in the country. It’s an outlier because of its gang problem and turf wars.

Cities in gun control blue states do better on gun crime than cities in gun nut red states .
it is one of the only where this shit happens as frequently as it does with murder. I'm just saying, I'm sorry facts support my posts.

What "crap" are you referring to? Do you think most criminals come from well-to-do or self-supporting two parent families that go to church every Sunday?

Chicago? The same Chicago with one of the strictest gun laws in the country?

a couple of points:

You remind me of a Christmas turkey.

If you buy an AR for home defense then maybe you shouldn't be allowed to own one. What are you defending against? Are you afraid that there is going to be a company of armed and dangerous Liberals attacking your home? Change the friggin channel and watch a situation comedy instead of what you keep watching.

What "crap" are you referring to? Do you think most criminals come from well-to-do or self-supporting two parent families that go to church every Sunday?

Criminals come from all walks of life. If you studied things a bit and stopped just watching Rush and Hannity you might see this. Criminals have a couple of cards out of place and it doesn't really matter their upbringing.

If you buy an AR for home defense then maybe you shouldn't be allowed to own one. What are you defending against? Are you afraid that there is going to be a company of armed and dangerous Liberals attacking your home? Change the friggin channel and watch a situation comedy instead of what you keep watching.

I'm a CCW holder in my state. I don't arm all the time, but if I go out at night............

I don't carry my gun with me if I go to the store at night afraid of a Republican coming into the store to rob it, hit me over the head with his gun and take my wallet. I take my gun with me because of Democrats.

If I go to my ATM at night to make a deposit, I'm not worried about a conservative wedging himself between my car and the machine forcing me to make a maximum withdrawal. No,no,no, conservatives don't do those types of things--liberals do those things.

Show me a city where there are no Democrats, I'll show you a guy that can go around town unarmed.

Forum List

Back