Grandfather of Oklahoma teen killed by homeowner in burglary says AR15 made for ‘unfair’ fight

Are you pretending you don't understand the question or does it come naturally?

My question was, and I'll repeat it to make things simple for you, "How many people have been killed by an errant bullet, fired in self-defense, by a victim in their home, at a criminal?"

Please copy and paste the answer to that question from your "source". Thank you!

My question was, and I'll repeat it to make things simple for you, "How many people have been killed by an errant bullet, fired in self-defense, by a victim in their home, at a criminal?"

Please copy and paste the answer to that question from your "source". Thank you!
Notice that he hasn't produced a news article about such a thing happening.

Last edited:
No one in here (except for one) has said he didn't have the right to shoot. He did. I only brought up the fact that using an AR-15 as a point Home Defense Weapon isn't the brightest weapon.
I disagree. ARs are great home defense weapons because they are easy to use, customizable, and low recoil. A 12-year-old girl could use one with little effort.

An AR is especially ideal for home defense if it is set up like a pistol or SBR with a barrel shorter than 11 inches, chambered in pistol caliber or .300 Blackout. That is an excellent home defense weapon. It combines the CQC elements of a handgun coupled with the aiming accuracy of a shouldered rifle.

Just looked that one up. It's not suggested for home defense either. Like the 223/556 it has too great a penetration through walls. Your shots will not be isolated to the building you are in unless you are in a cement walled building. Even setup like a pistol with an 11 in barrel it's still going to have over a 2000 fps muzzle velocity. I may work well for some Special Forces but not for home defense. Best to look at the 9mm through 45acp semi autos. Or a decent shotgun.

How many people have been killed by an errant bullet, fired in self-defense, by a victim in their home, at a criminal?

More than you think.
UC Davis study finds stray-bullet shootings frequently harm women and children

Please educate yourself.
No examples of a homeowner defending himself or his family were listed. It appears the majority were gang related.

Notice that he hasn't produced a news article about such a thing happening.

Neither you, I, or anyone else expected one. Darrel, Darrel, and Darrel is nothing but a sorry Troll.

i-5LxvnxX-M.jpg

No one in here (except for one) has said he didn't have the right to shoot. He did. I only brought up the fact that using an AR-15 as a point Home Defense Weapon isn't the brightest weapon.
I disagree. ARs are great home defense weapons because they are easy to use, customizable, and low recoil. A 12-year-old girl could use one with little effort.

An AR is especially ideal for home defense if it is set up like a pistol or SBR with a barrel shorter than 11 inches, chambered in pistol caliber or .300 Blackout. That is an excellent home defense weapon. It combines the CQC elements of a handgun coupled with the aiming accuracy of a shouldered rifle.

Just looked that one up. It's not suggested for home defense either. Like the 223/556 it has too great a penetration through walls. Your shots will not be isolated to the building you are in unless you are in a cement walled building. Even setup like a pistol with an 11 in barrel it's still going to have over a 2000 fps muzzle velocity. I may work well for some Special Forces but not for home defense. Best to look at the 9mm through 45acp semi autos. Or a decent shotgun.

How many people have been killed by an errant bullet, fired in self-defense, by a victim in their home, at a criminal?

More than you think.
UC Davis study finds stray-bullet shootings frequently harm women and children

Please educate yourself.
No examples of a homeowner defending himself or his family were listed. It appears the majority were gang related.

He can't defend his position any longer with that link. I read it twice. Nowhere did they give an example of a person defending his or her home and a stray bullet hurting or killing an innocent. He just Googled, found something, didn't read it, and posted it as evidence to support his false claim.

The truth is there is no (or very few) incidents of a person shooting at an intruder, missing, and hitting somebody else.

He can't defend his position any longer with that link. I read it twice. Nowhere did they give an example of a person defending his or her home and a stray bullet hurting or killing an innocent. He just Googled, found something, didn't read it, and posted it as evidence to support his false claim.

The truth is there is no (or very few) incidents of a person shooting at an intruder, missing, and hitting somebody else.
A shit load of things would have to go wrong for it to happen. There are simply too many obstacles and variables for such an incident to occur, especially given that most home invasions occur at night, when people are sleeping behind walls and closed doors.

All you are trying to do is to shoot the messenger. Well, cupcake, We are coming for your guns. So make sure you go buy more guns while I buy more stock in the Gun Manufacturers with the Exception of Remington. And when you buy that truck load of aluminum foil for your hats, I will buy stock in Reynolds Aluminum. Just as well as make a few bucks on your paranoia. Remember, it pays to be Paranoid when they really are out to get you.

Forum List

Back