Grandfather of Oklahoma teen killed by homeowner in burglary says AR15 made for ‘unfair’ fight

Sure are. Around here, the majority of the people vote republican. That means that the majority of the criminals will be republican as well. Criminals really aren't one party of the other in reality. They are just criminals. To say that they are one party or the other just makes excuses why they are Criminals.

Most criminals come from single-parent homes in lower income areas. How do lower income areas vote again?

Makin crap up again are we ?

You certainly do. If straw purchases were as big a problem as claimed, why do the authorities not arrest and prosecute the offenders?

They do as long as it's within the State Laws to enforce the strawman laws. But, you are right, it's so volitile that it's not very frequent. But those that do it are prosecuted. Usually, it's bagged before any mass shooting happens so it doesn't make it past the local news if even that.

Straw purchases violate FEDERAL laws. In other words, no matter which State, or Territory within the USA those laws apply. Period.

I believe that only one straw purchase was done for one mass shooting of late. Funny, didn't hear a thing about them going after the sister.

If you buy an AR for home defense then maybe you shouldn't be allowed to own one. What are you defending against? Are you afraid that there is going to be a company of armed and dangerous Liberals attacking your home? Change the friggin channel and watch a situation comedy instead of what you keep watching.
You shouldn't get to decide what another person feels comfortable using for home defense. You seem more interested in protecting the person breaking into the home. You are the Oklahoma Grandpa, aren't you.
He is a fucking idiot. An AR-15 is not a military grade weapon. Many liberal shitheads are too stupid to know that what a rifle looks like means relatively nothing.

What is the difference when both are commonly used single shot. Preytell, what is the difference.

We aren't talking about mass shootings here. We are talking about home defense. And unless you are older than dirt, I doubt you have handled shotguns more than I have. And unless you retired from the Military, I doubt you have handled weapons more than I have. I retired from the Military 30 years ago so that should give you an idea of my age. So let's not get into a "Whose Pecker is Longer" discussion here. Mine is long enough to get the job done.

Safe Home Defense is still safer with the Remington Model 870 as it's the one most suggested, and owned by home owners today and has been for many years. It doesn't normally shoot through more than one wall. But it stops the bad guy in one shot. And it doesn't have to have a dead center to do it. You can miss by a foot and still get the job done. I am not saying that he was wrong using the AR in his home defense. The Best Gun is the one you have. But you have a prior choice of what you can use and there are safer and sometimes more lethal guns out there and the Model 870 just happens to be the best tool and the safest.

The entire discussion is not about what is best for home defense, but about home defense. I am one of those that will never question another about how they choose to defend their home. Don't want to defend your home? I don't care. Want to? Be my guest. You say the shotgun would be better? Better then what? What he had seemed to do the job just fine. Bottom line, it worked.

It worked only because he was in the basement. Poor choice of home defense weapon. And very dangerous for the community. I can see where this is another case of "You can't tell ME what to do" even when it's a danger to the community. The ONLY time the AR is the best choice is when it's the only choice. Otherwise, it's the worst choice unless the other choice is the semi auto 338 Winchester Magnum.
You remind me of a Christmas turkey.

If you buy an AR for home defense then maybe you shouldn't be allowed to own one. What are you defending against? Are you afraid that there is going to be a company of armed and dangerous Liberals attacking your home? Change the friggin channel and watch a situation comedy instead of what you keep watching.
I don't own an AR-15. If I wanted one for any reason whatsoever, I would buy one.

AR-15 is no match for today's military grade rifles. Neither are the handguns I own and carry.

Like I said....Christmas turkey....full of stuffing.

Go piss up a rope!

There is absolutely no difference between an AR-15 and a M-16 when both are fired single shot. And the M-16 is normally fired single shot in combat. You tell me the difference oh foul mouthed one.

Right . Because of gun nut states . They make straw purchases so easy . Where do you think all those guns on the streets of Chicago come from ?

Knowing this, Chicago stubbornly refuses to allow their law-abiding citizens to defend themselves.

Why is that the case?

Wrong, twinkle toes. Chicago Citizens can get a basic firearms license and carry guns. Plus, they don't need any type of license to have a hand gun, hunting rifle or shotgun in the homes. The 2nd amendment is alive and well in Chicago. Most just don't care to have firearms. What's the matter, you POd that you can't force them to?

There is absolutely no difference between an AR-15 and a M-16 when both are fired single shot. And the M-16 is normally fired single shot in combat. You tell me the difference oh foul mouthed one
So, why can't we buy an M-16 manufactured after 1986?. It's the same thing, right?

You have evidence that a criminal teen can't get a gun?

Please, give us all that info
it happens in Chicago daily.
Right . Because of gun nut states . They make straw purchases so easy . Where do you think all those guns on the streets of Chicago come from ?

Chicago? The same Chicago with one of the strictest gun laws in the country?

Where do all those guns come from?

Boston ,NYC, Seattle , very liberal cities wh tougher gun laws . Lot less gun crime that red state gun nut cities .

That has to do more with demographics than gun laws. For instance Seattle only has less than 8% blacks. Boston? About 23%. Same with New York city.

Most guns used in crime are stolen guns. Criminals use guns that can't be possibly traced back to them.

According to data from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), during the four-year period from 2012 to 2015, nearly half a billion dollars worth of guns were stolen from individuals nationwide, amounting to an estimated 1.2 million guns.3 Twenty-two thousand guns were stolen from gun stores during this same period.4 A gun is stolen in the U.S. every two minutes.5

Stolen Guns in America - Center for American Progress

The primary source for stolen guns is gun shops and pawn shops with poor security. As in, their guns are not secured properly.

You still haven't told me the difference. So far, you are getting a failing grade.
You have unwittingly proved my point. If there is no difference, why can't we have new M-16s? Is it perhaps that they shoot full-auto or 3-round bursts? Is that the difference?

So, any rifle that has a military, full-auto counterpart should be deemed EXACTLY THE SAME because they can be use the same part of the time?

You're making the case for repeal of the Hughes Amendment.

Sorry bout that,

1. So the moral of the story goes like this, ' Might be a good idea to go buy a AR-15, and be ready when the liberal kids come trying to murder you!'

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You still haven't told me the difference. So far, you are getting a failing grade.
You have unwittingly proved my point. If there is no difference, why can't we have new M-16s? Is it perhaps that they shoot full-auto or 3-round bursts? Is that the difference?

So, any rifle that has a military, full-auto counterpart should be deemed EXACTLY THE SAME because they can be use the same part of the time?

Since both are used in single shot only, there IS no difference. A New M-16A-4 is going to cost you about 5 grand and it's going to only do single and 3 shot bursts. Now, if you want a full auto M-16A-1 get ready to shell out at least 15 grand for a used one "If you can find one". The A-1 is the full auto. The A-2 thru A-4 is the 3 shot burst. All versions of the M-16 will be required to meet or exceed the NFA licensing and storage laws.

There is a huge difference in the firing of a M-16-A-1 because it can be used in full auto. But as for the A2-4, they are normally used single shot in combat and a single shot AR-15 can do the exact same job for the Military. With the exception, the M-16-A-4 is a high end build. You would need to compare a high end AR-15 to it. Our Military does not use the full auto M-16 anymore and hasn't for a few decades. They would be just as happy with an AR-15 of military quality.

Now, what is the difference between the use of the M-16-A-4 and the AR-15? Put the BS aside and answer the question.

Sorry bout that,

1. So the moral of the story goes like this, ' Might be a good idea to go buy a AR-15, and be ready when the liberal kids come trying to murder you!'

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

And make sure you put a bunker under your bed, have at least a years supply of tin foiled hats and your Hustler Collection as you are going to spend a lot of time under there.

Sorry bout that,

1. No Daryl Hunt, seems all we need is a AR-15 buddy, (locked and loaded) also you might want to instruct your stupid kids if you have any, too not to go kick in doors of innocent people, they might be waiting for you.
2. Just saying.....lol!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Since both are used in single shot only, there IS no difference. A New M-16A-4 is going to cost you about 5 grand and it's going to only do single and 3 shot bursts. Now, if you want a full auto M-16A-1 get ready to shell out at least 15 grand for a used one "If you can find one". The A-1 is the full auto. The A-2 thru A-4 is the 3 shot burst. All versions of the M-16 will be required to meet or exceed the NFA licensing and storage laws.

There is a huge difference in the firing of a M-16-A-1 because it can be used in full auto. But as for the A2-4, they are normally used single shot in combat and a single shot AR-15 can do the exact same job for the Military. With the exception, the M-16-A-4 is a high end build. You would need to compare a high end AR-15 to it. Our Military does not use the full auto M-16 anymore and hasn't for a few decades. They would be just as happy with an AR-15 of military quality.

Now, what is the difference between the use of the M-16-A-4 and the AR-15? Put the BS aside and answer the question.
The 3-round bursts.

Does the military still use a 9mm semi-auto hand gun as a side arm?

The entire discussion is not about what is best for home defense, but about home defense. I am one of those that will never question another about how they choose to defend their home. Don't want to defend your home? I don't care. Want to? Be my guest. You say the shotgun would be better? Better then what? What he had seemed to do the job just fine. Bottom line, it worked.

It worked only because he was in the basement. Poor choice of home defense weapon. And very dangerous for the community. I can see where this is another case of "You can't tell ME what to do" even when it's a danger to the community. The ONLY time the AR is the best choice is when it's the only choice. Otherwise, it's the worst choice unless the other choice is the semi auto 338 Winchester Magnum.

I don't own an AR-15. If I wanted one for any reason whatsoever, I would buy one.

AR-15 is no match for today's military grade rifles. Neither are the handguns I own and carry.

Go piss up a rope!

There is absolutely no difference between an AR-15 and a M-16 when both are fired single shot. And the M-16 is normally fired single shot in combat. You tell me the difference oh foul mouthed one.
Read this, you simpleton.

Comparison to military versions
The semi-automatic civilian AR-15 was introduced by Colt in 1963. The primary distinction between civilian semi-automatic rifles and military models is select fire. Military models were produced with firing modes, semi-automatic fire and either fully automatic fire mode or burst fire mode, in which the rifle fires three rounds in succession when the trigger is depressed. Most components are interchangeable between semi-auto and select fire rifles including magazines, sights, upper receiver, barrels and accessories. .[39][40] The military M4 carbine typically uses a 14.5" barrel. Civilian rifles commonly have 16 inch or longer barrels to comply with the National Firearms Act.[41]

In order to prevent a civilian semi-automatic AR-15 from being readily converted for use with the select fire components a number of features were changed. Parts changed include the lower receiver, bolt carrier, hammer, trigger, disconnector, and safety/mode selector. The semi-automatic bolt carrier has a longer lightening slot to prevent the bolt's engagement with an automatic sear. Due to a decrease in mass the buffer spring is heavier. On the select fire version, the hammer has an extra spur which interacts with the additional auto-sear that holds it back until the bolt carrier group is fully in battery, when automatic fire is selected.[42] Using a portion of the select fire parts in a semi-automatic rifle will not enable a select fire option.[43] As designed by Colt the pins supporting the semi-auto trigger and hammer in the lower receiver are larger than those used in the military rifle to prevent interchangeability between semi-automatic and select fire components.[44]

AR-15 style rifle - Wikipedia

Go piss up a rope!

The semi-automatic civilian AR-15 was introduced by Colt in 1963. The primary distinction between civilian semi-automatic rifles and military models is select fire. Military models were produced with firing modes, semi-automatic fire and either fully automatic fire mode or burst fire mode, in which the rifle fires three rounds in succession when the trigger is depressed. Most components are interchangeable between semi-auto and select fire rifles including magazines, sights, upper receiver, barrels and accessories. .[39][40] The military M4 carbine typically uses a 14.5" barrel. Civilian rifles commonly have 16 inch or longer barrels to comply with the National Firearms Act.[41]

In order to prevent a civilian semi-automatic AR-15 from being readily converted for use with the select fire components a number of features were changed. Parts changed include the lower receiver, bolt carrier, hammer, trigger, disconnector, and safety/mode selector. The semi-automatic bolt carrier has a longer lightening slot to prevent the bolt's engagement with an automatic sear. Due to a decrease in mass the buffer spring is heavier. On the select fire version, the hammer has an extra spur which interacts with the additional auto-sear that holds it back until the bolt carrier group is fully in battery, when automatic fire is selected.[42] Using a portion of the select fire parts in a semi-automatic rifle will not enable a select fire option.[43] As designed by Colt the pins supporting the semi-auto trigger and hammer in the lower receiver are larger than those used in the military rifle to prevent interchangeability between semi-automatic and select fire components.[44]

But, because you can make the M-16 work like a shit civilian counterpart, that is somehow evidence that the civilian counterpart should be banned.

This is getting nowhere.

Civilians also use semi-auto 9mms, like the ones used by military as a side arm.

Just because the military uses it, doesn't mean it must be banned.

Go piss up a rope!

The Army has replaced the M-16 with the M-4 for many combat troops.

The M4 carbine is a shorter and lighter variant of the M16A2 assault rifle. The M4 is a 5.56×45mm NATO, air-cooled, direct impingement gas-operated, magazine-fed carbine. It has a 14.5 in (370 mm) barrel and a telescoping stock.

The M4 carbine is extensively used by the United States Armed Forces and is largely replacing the M16 rifle in United States Army and United States Marine Corps combat units as the primary infantry weapon.[7][8]

The M4 is also capable of mounting the M203 and M320 grenade launchers. The distinctive step in its barrel is for mounting the M203 with the standard hardware. The M4 is capable of firing in semi-automatic and three-round burst modes (like the M16A2 and M16A4), while the M4A1 is capable of firing in semi-auto and fully automatic modes (like the M16A1 and M16A3).

You shouldn't get to decide what another person feels comfortable using for home defense. You seem more interested in protecting the person breaking into the home. You are the Oklahoma Grandpa, aren't you.
He is a fucking idiot. An AR-15 is not a military grade weapon. Many liberal shitheads are too stupid to know that what a rifle looks like means relatively nothing.

What is the difference when both are commonly used single shot. Preytell, what is the difference.
You don't know anything about what mode combatants use in warfare. Single shot mode saves ammunition. Burst fire mode shoots 3 at a time. Full auto mode shoots as long as the trigger is squeezed.

Go piss up a rope!

But, because you can make the M-16 work like a shit civilian counterpart, that is somehow evidence that the civilian counterpart should be banned.

This is getting nowhere.

Civilians also use semi-auto 9mms, like the ones used by military as a side arm.

Just because the military uses it, doesn't mean it must be banned.
That is true. I do not need a fully automatic weapon and I don't object to the banning of bump stocks. The same effect of the bump stock can be had by using one's pants pocket or belt loop. It is however even more inaccurate than using a bump stock..

Forum List

Back