Grandfather of Oklahoma teen killed by homeowner in burglary says AR15 made for ‘unfair’ fight

That has to do more with demographics than gun laws. For instance Seattle only has less than 8% blacks. Boston? About 23%. Same with New York city.

Most guns used in crime are stolen guns. Criminals use guns that can't be possibly traced back to them.

According to data from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), during the four-year period from 2012 to 2015, nearly half a billion dollars worth of guns were stolen from individuals nationwide, amounting to an estimated 1.2 million guns.3 Twenty-two thousand guns were stolen from gun stores during this same period.4 A gun is stolen in the U.S. every two minutes.5

Stolen Guns in America - Center for American Progress

The primary source for stolen guns is gun shops and pawn shops with poor security. As in, their guns are not secured properly.

Not according to the FBI. Hell, just in my suburb alone I can't tell you how many guns are stolen a year. Usually it's done during robberies of unoccupied homes. The priority list is cash, jewelry and guns in that order. At times, they get three, four or five guns. Other times it's morons that leave their gun in their car with the door unlocked.

Stop making crap up. According to the FBI, most private gun thefts are done from unattended vehicles. Stupid people provide criminals their guns. But the Southern States have the bulk of the Gun Thefts. It's from the Gun Dealers and Pawn Shops. The bad guys uses a stolen large pickup to crash the front of the building, pull it forward, back a van into the opening and load up the guns. They are in and out in a matter of a few minutes. Faster than the Cops can respond.

StolenGuns-WEB-table1-693.png

These are the ATF figures which is also used by the FBI. Don't you hate it when someone reads your BS and then fact checks it?

Yes, bad people are bad. So throw out your guns and the bad folks will go away.

Good to know.

Or you can stop putting weapons where criminals can get at them to steal them like in Gun Shops and Pawn Shops displayed so openly unattended, in unattended vehicles, out in the open in unoccupied homes and such. This is where the criminals get their weapons from. I don't know of a single person that has ever had a weapon stolen that has kept it in a gun vault even a small one. Yah, I know, you don't keep your home defense 9mm in a gun vault but the wholesale thefts aren't done from those as you and your buddies claim. The Wholesale thefts are done where there is large numbers of guns like Gun Shops and Pawn Shops. If you have a large number of guns, you should have the bulk of them in in Gun Vault,not a wooden and glass gun cabinet.

Specially them 750 round per minute AR-15s

When something is killing you it's a bit hard to tell the difference when the only real difference is that one comes in Hot Pink.
Previously you weren't talking about the color of the gun. You were talking about the rate of fire. If you are killed, then nothing matters to you. However, before you are dead, the rate of fire matters. Otherwise, why would the Pentagon want the weopon to have that capacity? There is no feature on a combat weapon that hasn't been carefully considered and tested.

There is absolutely no difference between the fire rate of an AR-15 and a M-16-A-4. They are both about 750 rounds a minute no matter how they are fired. But I imagine if a country wanted to buy Pink M-16-A-4s then they could. Could you imagine if the LGBT community were to have their own country. Imagine an entire army attacking all using Pink AR-15s? Would they be any less deadly than any other army with OD or Flat Black M-16-A-4s? Imagine the initial confusion on that one.

But Sarge, they have Pink Guns and Chiffon Uniforms!!
No, an AR-15 can't fire 750 rounds a minute. it can only fire as fast as you can pull the trigger, which means about 1 time per second, or 60 rounds a minute

You just proved that you're an ignoramus.

Yeah, I found that statement astonishing.

I don’t think the bullets could chamber that fast

It uses the same chambering mechanism that the M-16 uses. By that, I mean the old M-16-A-1 which could be easily clocked. Of course, it couldn't fire those 750 rounds with only a 30 round clip but when you broke it down into fractions, that is exactly how fast is was. With a Bump Stock, the AR-15 has the same capability.

FACT CHECK: Does An AR-15 Shoot 10 Bullets A Second?

The primary source for stolen guns is gun shops and pawn shops with poor security. As in, their guns are not secured properly.

Not according to the FBI. Hell, just in my suburb alone I can't tell you how many guns are stolen a year. Usually it's done during robberies of unoccupied homes. The priority list is cash, jewelry and guns in that order. At times, they get three, four or five guns. Other times it's morons that leave their gun in their car with the door unlocked.

Stop making crap up. According to the FBI, most private gun thefts are done from unattended vehicles. Stupid people provide criminals their guns. But the Southern States have the bulk of the Gun Thefts. It's from the Gun Dealers and Pawn Shops. The bad guys uses a stolen large pickup to crash the front of the building, pull it forward, back a van into the opening and load up the guns. They are in and out in a matter of a few minutes. Faster than the Cops can respond.

These are the ATF figures which is also used by the FBI. Don't you hate it when someone reads your BS and then fact checks it?

Good to know.

Or you can stop putting weapons where criminals can get at them to steal them like in Gun Shops and Pawn Shops displayed so openly unattended, in unattended vehicles, out in the open in unoccupied homes and such. This is where the criminals get their weapons from. I don't know of a single person that has ever had a weapon stolen that has kept it in a gun vault even a small one. Yah, I know, you don't keep your home defense 9mm in a gun vault but the wholesale thefts aren't done from those as you and your buddies claim. The Wholesale thefts are done where there is large numbers of guns like Gun Shops and Pawn Shops. If you have a large number of guns, you should have the bulk of them in in Gun Vault,not a wooden and glass gun cabinet.

You just made my point with your snarky comment. The Mother of the Theater Shooter learned the hard say (she didn't learn a thing when her son murdered her) not to have an AR just laying around. A Gun Vault is just too big to carry out by less than 4 people. And it's a bear to open on site. The buddies I have that have those weapons all own gun vaults. It was brought into place by dollies and 3 big strong young guys.

Previously you weren't talking about the color of the gun. You were talking about the rate of fire. If you are killed, then nothing matters to you. However, before you are dead, the rate of fire matters. Otherwise, why would the Pentagon want the weopon to have that capacity? There is no feature on a combat weapon that hasn't been carefully considered and tested.

There is absolutely no difference between the fire rate of an AR-15 and a M-16-A-4. They are both about 750 rounds a minute no matter how they are fired. But I imagine if a country wanted to buy Pink M-16-A-4s then they could. Could you imagine if the LGBT community were to have their own country. Imagine an entire army attacking all using Pink AR-15s? Would they be any less deadly than any other army with OD or Flat Black M-16-A-4s? Imagine the initial confusion on that one.

But Sarge, they have Pink Guns and Chiffon Uniforms!!
No, an AR-15 can't fire 750 rounds a minute. it can only fire as fast as you can pull the trigger, which means about 1 time per second, or 60 rounds a minute

You just proved that you're an ignoramus.

Yeah, I found that statement astonishing.

I don’t think the bullets could chamber that fast

It uses the same chambering mechanism that the M-16 uses. By that, I mean the old M-16-A-1 which could be easily clocked. Of course, it couldn't fire those 750 rounds with only a 30 round clip but when you broke it down into fractions, that is exactly how fast is was. With a Bump Stock, the AR-15 has the same capability.

FACT CHECK: Does An AR-15 Shoot 10 Bullets A Second?

It's Humanly impossible. But mechanically it's not. Using a Bump STock makes it reach slight higher than 10 bullets a second. Okay, it won't do it any longer than a couple of seconds but in the meantime, it sends 30 rounds down range in that time. Like the Nevada Shooter, a lot of rounds into a mass like that hits a lot of targets even if it's not very accurate. Your Fact Check is if a human were to be pulling the trigger. I might be able to get 3 shots per second if I am lucky but not any faster and that is through a technique called flutter finger and about as accurate as throwing snow balls at a target at long range. Your data is flawed since technology has surpassed it.

That teenager got exactly what he deserved. It's hard to comprehend the stupidity of someone who thinks that thugs breaking into a home are supposed to have an even chance in a confrontation with the home's owner. I gaurantee you all the gun grabbers in this forum agree with this numskull. In fact, in Canada they have a law that says the force used in defending yourself must be "proportional" to the force used by your attacker.

Three Oklahoma teenagers were killed last week when they broke into a house and were met by a homeowner with an AR15. Now the grandfather of one of the teenagers is speaking out about his grandson’s death.

According to KTUL-TV, Leroy Schumacher, grandfather of 17-year-old Jacob Redfearn, believes the death of Redfearn was unjustified because the homeowner’s AR15 gave him an unfair advantage over the three burglars.

Speaking to KTUL, Schumacher acknowledged that breaking into a house was “stupid,” but death was not the appropriate consequence.

“What these three boys did was stupid,” Schumacher said. “They knew they could be punished for it but they did not deserve to die.”
11&12.
7d164acd39456e5a5c3973567a2330e1.jpg

Marines go into war. We are talking about living among each other in society .

Breaking into a house should be very dangerous.
But if they ban guns it would very safe for the criminals.

Good to know.

You just made my point with your snarky comment. The Mother of the Theater Shooter learned the hard say (she didn't learn a thing when her son murdered her) not to have an AR just laying around. A Gun Vault is just too big to carry out by less than 4 people. And it's a bear to open on site. The buddies I have that have those weapons all own gun vaults. It was brought into place by dollies and 3 big strong young guys.

I don’t care. Get it.

If the guns in the vault, and a murderer wants to murder (it’s what they do) he would simply overpower her, hold a knife to her throat until she opened the vault. He’s a killer, the only one who wouldn’t know that is typically the victim, until their dead, then........

They don’t.

That teenager got exactly what he deserved. It's hard to comprehend the stupidity of someone who thinks that thugs breaking into a home are supposed to have an even chance in a confrontation with the home's owner. I gaurantee you all the gun grabbers in this forum agree with this numskull. In fact, in Canada they have a law that says the force used in defending yourself must be "proportional" to the force used by your attacker.

Three Oklahoma teenagers were killed last week when they broke into a house and were met by a homeowner with an AR15. Now the grandfather of one of the teenagers is speaking out about his grandson’s death.

According to KTUL-TV, Leroy Schumacher, grandfather of 17-year-old Jacob Redfearn, believes the death of Redfearn was unjustified because the homeowner’s AR15 gave him an unfair advantage over the three burglars.

Speaking to KTUL, Schumacher acknowledged that breaking into a house was “stupid,” but death was not the appropriate consequence.

“What these three boys did was stupid,” Schumacher said. “They knew they could be punished for it but they did not deserve to die.”
11&12.
7d164acd39456e5a5c3973567a2330e1.jpg

Marines go into war. We are talking about living among each other in society .
Oh, you're breaking into my house with a knife in your hand.
Here, let me put down my 9mm and get a kitchen knife the size of yours.
The only fair fight is the one you lose.

/——/ Am I the only one who sees the homeowner was outnumbered 3 to 1? How fair is that?

No one says that we ban guns. No law can be passed that we take the home defense weapons from your house. That was already backed up by the Supreme Court. Where do you get this nonsense from?
....from the Democratic Party's gun control spokesman Camera Hogg

Good to know.

I don’t care. Get it.

If the guns in the vault, and a murderer wants to murder (it’s what they do) he would simply overpower her, hold a knife to her throat until she opened the vault. He’s a killer, the only one who wouldn’t know that is typically the victim, until their dead, then........

They don’t.

Since most home gun thefts are done when the home is unoccupied, you can carry that knife in and attack the gun vault to your hearts desire. The only thing you are going to do is give the cops time enough to get there and bust your knife carrying ass. And you are going to try and fend the cops off with a very dull knife from gnawing on the gun vault.

No one says that we ban guns. No law can be passed that we take the home defense weapons from your house. That was already backed up by the Supreme Court. Where do you get this nonsense from?
....from the Democratic Party's gun control spokesman Camera Hogg

I just did a little fact checking on that. How about a cite or two on that one. So far, every cite that made that claim was proven to be lying the big one. He NEVER made the Ban claim.

/——/ Am I the only one who sees the homeowner was outnumbered 3 to 1? How fair is that?

No one in here (except for one) has said he didn't have the right to shoot. He did. I only brought up the fact that using an AR-15 as a point Home Defense Weapon isn't the brightest weapon.

Here is a wild idea.
Get a job.
Don't break into houses.
/——/ How White of you to suggest work over Robbin folks. After all burgerly is hard work.

Let's give you a test.

What is your address, where are your guns located and when are you scheduled to go on vacation. You can also answer for your neighbor. If you do, just sit on your back swing and watch the stupid thieves fight over who gets in the neighbors house first.

Forum List

Back