Grandmother questioned about infant medicine by Pharmacy tech

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
One of my teacher's aides asked to leave campus for a while to take baby Tylenol to her grandbaby's day care, because her daughter-in-law works far away, and our school is very close, and the baby is crying due to teething. I said "just rub some whiskey on her gums." She laughed and said, "that's what my mamma did."

When she got back, she said that she had asked the person behind the counter if there was such a thing as infant Motrin. The conversation went like this:

"We don't recommend that."

"I just asked if there is such a thing."

"Our pharmacist would say no."

"Your pharmacist would say that there's no such thing as infant Motrin? What about generic infant ibuprofen?"

"No, our pharmacist would say not to give it to a child under six months."

"The child is eight months. Do you have it or not?"

"You should wait until the pharmacist gets back. But he'll say no."

"Never mind!"

I told her, "See. The liquor store wouldn't have given you static like that."

What world is this where a pharmacist's assistant lectures a grandmother on how to take care of a child?

One of my teacher's aides asked to leave campus for a while to take baby Tylenol to her grandbaby's day care, because her daughter-in-law works far away, and our school is very close, and the baby is crying due to teething. I said "just rub some whiskey on her gums." She laughed and said, "that's what my mamma did."

When she got back, she said that she had asked the person behind the counter if there was such a thing as infant Motrin. The conversation went like this:

"Your pharmacist would say that there's no such thing as infant Motrin? What about generic infant ibuprofen?"

"Never mind!"

What world is this where a pharmacist's assistant lectures a grandmother on how to take care of a child?
The same one that tells you to get a vax that does nothing but raise your chance of died suddenly

Don't think that doctors or pharmacists for that matter have any better education than any pubic school educated child in america today. And probably worse since..these doctors/pharmacists are mostly foreigners who are promised a residency in the us for paying for a degree to graduate from an off shore medical college. LOLOL We ain't gettin' the best of the bunch.

The same one that tells you to get a vax that does nothing but raise your chance of died suddenly
you got that right. They're withholding the dangers of these vaxxes. Just this morning i was reading about funeral home embalmers are noticing very odd structures resembling clots but not made of blood when they are embalming their.......customer. They started noticing these odd ......... anomalies...starting 2020-2021. And they were told to keep their mouths shut. in a nice way of course.

And OP...don't be surprised if she gets a visit from an investigator. I'm curious...was the pharmacy assistant a natural born american?

"Never mind!"

Apparently you don't know that Tylenol and Motrin are two completely different animals. Both are not recommended for infants at varying ages.

What would have happened if the technician had said,, "Sure, go ahead and give them all you want!" and the child suffers kidney failure and died? How would you feel then?

Apparently you don't know that Tylenol and Motrin are two completely different animals. Both are not recommended for infants at varying ages.

What would have happened if the technician had said,, "Sure, go ahead and give them all you want!" and the child suffers kidney failure and died? How would you feel then?

You're right...all this pharmaceutical crap they're giving us, especially children is not designed to do any good. it's designed to treat a symptom temporarily.....baby meds...that can cause kidney failure and death. Well SIGN US UP!! LOLOL

and that's why a little dab of liquer on the gums is best for baby.

Maybe the contraindications at the end of the NEW DRUG DU JOUR they advertise on the boobtube is spoken so rapidly for a reason.

It still wasn't the tech's responsibility to make the call OR to be rude. By asking if there were a "children's strength" dose for the anti-inflammatory, she demonstrated that she knew there WAS such a dose for the paracetamol. The customer demonstrated basic knowledge of the differences by asking that question. The Pharmacist and to a lesser extent the techs, are constrained by company policy and law from giving medical advice but the tech needn't have been an ass while doing so.

But pharmacists do. And i'll tell you.....on my doctors wall he brags about being in collusion with this new program with the pharmacist where if the doctor prescribes something for a patient...if the pharmacist says 'no', then you don't get it. I had to explain this to my doctor. LOLOLOLOL It ain't nothin' but more gov't control.

At one time, liquor was used medicinally. Matter of fact, it was considered "medicine" by my grandmother, depending on the situation. If I had a cold or was sick during the wintertime, the first thing she did was tell me to draw a hot bath while she made me a hot toddy (1 shot of whiskey, 2 tbsp. honey, mixed in with a cup of hot tea). I'd soak in the hot bath while drinking the toddy, and the next morning, I'd be right as rain.

Don't think that doctors or pharmacists for that matter have any better education than any pubic school educated child in america today. And probably worse since..these doctors/pharmacists are mostly foreigners who are promised a residency in the us for paying for a degree to graduate from an off shore medical college. LOLOL We ain't gettin' the best of the bunch.
Why do you lie? You can't provide any support for those delusions.

I have American-born doctors and foreign-born doctors. I would hate to bet my life on the difference. My endocrinologist was Egyptian, my cardiologist is Japanese, my doctor who did my cancer screening was Indian, my liver transplant doctor is Pakistani, my three hepatology doctors are all American by birth., one the daughter of Filipino parents.

I just spent 6 days in the hospital. Every doctor that saw me, (about 25 or so) was American-born except one doctor who was Japanese, and he was probably born here in the US to immigrant parents.

I have a medical procedure each Friday at the same hospital. Every doctor that has done this once a week since June is American-born. I often have 3-5 doctors in residency observing also on occasion.

They don't get rid of them all at once, Mr. Obtuse. LOLOLOL They drive them out of the business. And why would they divulge any of this information to you?

Of course they are different things.

But when I raised my infant son, I had given both to him.

You are wrong. It comes in liquid form, and you give it through an eye dropper.

GettyImages-90306910-58b10bfe5f9b586046432fca.jpg

1662513502232.png

Then what does it matter that they are two different animals?
All the tech needed to say was either "yes, it exists," or "no, there's no such thing."

"Go ahead and give them all you want," would not have been responsive to the question. Did I forget to say that is was not the infant herself asking the question, but a grandmother who was on her second generation of children she cared for.

I thought you opposed nanny government. Now here you are advocating nanny pharma techs.

And OP...don't be surprised if she gets a visit from an investigator. I'm curious...was the pharmacy assistant a natural born american?
My Para did not say. Now that you ask, I'm betting on Indian (dot).

Hardworking people, but the women tend to be know-it-alls and to all have the same generic personality.

You're right...all this pharmaceutical crap they're giving us, especially children is not designed to do any good. it's designed to treat a symptom temporarily.....baby meds...that can cause kidney failure and death. Well SIGN US UP!! LOLOL

and that's why a little dab of liquer on the gums is best for baby.
Liquer? WTF, over?

The proper medicine for infant teething is Orajel. Your baby won't get drunk.

Then what does it matter that they are two different animals?

All the tech needed to say was either "yes, it exists," or "no, there's no such thing."

"Go ahead and give them all you want," would not have been responsive to the question. Did I forget to say that is was not the infant herself asking the question, but a grandmother who was on her second generation of children she cared for.

I thought you opposed nanny government. Now here you are advocating nanny pharma techs.
That is their fucking job, nimrod!

Why didn't grandma already know?

At one time, liquor was used medicinally. Matter of fact, it was considered "medicine" by my grandmother, depending on the situation. If I had a cold or was sick during the wintertime, the first thing she did was tell me to draw a hot bath while she made me a hot toddy (1 shot of whiskey, 2 tbsp. honey, mixed in with a cup of hot tea). I'd soak in the hot bath while drinking the toddy, and the next morning, I'd be right as rain.
There are still nighttime cold medicines with alcohol. But only a little. That toddy you describe is much better for me than cold medicine when I need to sleep, and one good night's sleep is often all a cold needs.

That is their fucking job, nimrod!
The job of a pharma tech is to put pills in a bottle, and to be background checked so they are not likely to be stealing the controlled substances.

A pharmacist can advise on the effects of a medicine prescribed by a doctor, or an over-the-counter medicine, but it is not required to consult with one before purchasing it.

Funny, when I was referred to an oncologist, my wife had a bunch of questions for the gastroenterologist when he referred me after an endoscopy found a growth. He would not answer a single one, because that is not his area of expertise.

A pharmacy tech =/= a pediatric physician.

Forum List

Back