Granny Needs a Good Recipe

Granny

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2009
I don't know what's wrong with me ... I haven't baked a pie of any kind for at least 40 years and I used to bake homemade stuff all the time. All of a sudden I've gotten this bee in my bonnet about baking a good old fashioned apple pie. I know for damned sure I'm not pregnant, so it's not one of those "pickles and ice cream" things. I just ... want ...to ... bake ... a ... good ... old fashioned homemade apple pie!

I've been all over the internet looking for a recipe and go :tongue-44: . All those recipes are missing something - including one that calls for a 15 minute bake time.

Do any of you kind people out there have a good apple pie recipe that calls for sugar, brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon?

I don't know what's wrong with me ... I haven't baked a pie of any kind for at least 40 years and I used to bake homemade stuff all the time. All of a sudden I've gotten this bee in my bonnet about baking a good old fashioned apple pie. I know for damned sure I'm not pregnant, so it's not one of those "pickles and ice cream" things. I just ... want ...to ... bake ... a ... good ... old fashioned homemade apple pie!

I've been all over the internet looking for a recipe and go :tongue-44: . All those recipes are missing something - including one that calls for a 15 minute bake time.

Do any of you kind people out there have a good apple pie recipe that calls for sugar, brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon?

Basic Pie Pastry

Nathalie Dupree

Start here. She taught me so much. Begin with the crust.

I do crisp for quick. Just easier to load it into the crock pot. But when you do a pie these days, baby you get bragging rights. :)

Forum List

Back