Gratitude In Short Supply....

The problem as I see it is that the lag didn’t help us get up to speed in testing as we are facing critical shortages.

1. We're not yet caught up with as much testing as we'd like, but more capacity is coming on line daily.
By the end of next week, say 3/27/20, the US should have all of the testing capacity needed up and running.
2. We started out only with the CDC, then we added public health labs, topping off at about 4,000 tests per day. This is the capacity the Trump admin "inherited". Trump/Pence had to develop and approve much more testing capacity, and fast.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
3. The FDA gave "fast-track" approval to hospital labs, state labs, and many private labs. That helped, but still wasn't enough test capacity.
4. Then the big corporations got involved and are bringing millions more test capacity online using automated testing:

Doing now what patients need next Roche begins shipments of first 400,000 COVID-19 tests to laboratories across US to begin patient testing under FDA Emergency Use Authorization

Thermo Fisher COVID-19 testing Thermo Fisher to produce five million testing kits for coronavirus

Quest COVID-19 testing

LabCorp COVID-19 testing

Hologic COVID-19 testing 2 more San Diego companies get emergency approval to produce coronavirus tests
5. After the maximum testing capacity is operating, in a week or two, we'll have a current picture how the US is doing, stay tuned.
It wasn’t that long ago that you claimed we had excess capacity for testing. Earlier this week you claimed we’d have a dramatic increase today.

Now it’s a different story.

It seems like we are always just a week away.

We do have excess test capacity in many areas, and some areas are marginal. Depends on access to automated testing equipment.
What is the metric, anyone who wants one? Or just those tests ordered by doctors?
In a week we'll need more tests, and have much more capacity than we need.
Some shortages are bureaucratic, like some states don't know where to get swabs, or reagents, or substitute reagents, etc.
Bottom line: We have adequate test capacity now, and will have excess capacity going forward.
Last week we were one week away. Now we are still one week away. How many more weeks will be one week away?

We do not have adequate testing capacity now. Not even close.

I see your words but no link proving your point. Please put up or shut up about testing.
My point is that we are building excess capacity via drive thru test sites.
Just saw the governors from NJ & NY on TV saying they are opening up drive thru test sites all over their states.
So we do have adequate capacity in many areas with drive thru testing. not just enough testing for those exhibiting symptoms.
Drop the bullshit talking point, its not valid.
I don’t need a link. I’m living it. We only test those who are critically ill right now. We had some drive through testing sites but they were shut down within days as supplies nearly immediately ran out. The turn around time extended from overnight to at least 72 hours.

Call me a liar if you want. I don’t care. But I’m telling you the truth. I’m living it.

While you weak kneed wimps argue, Trump has done a Great thing by supporting $$$$ to most americans. If you don't like this action you ateanti life and anti american. PC I'm sure you are more than on board with checks being sent. It's the only proper thing to do. In fact I support 2 trillion worth of parents as I believe this is what is needed.
/—-/ My wife and I earned too much to qualify for the checks, plus our property taxes are $13,000 a year so we can only deduct $10k, and we support President Trump 100%

While you weak kneed wimps argue, Trump has done a Great thing by supporting $$$$ to most americans. If you don't like this action you ateanti life and anti american. PC I'm sure you are more than on board with checks being sent. It's the only proper thing to do. In fact I support 2 trillion worth of parents as I believe this is what is needed.
/—-/ My wife and I earned too much to qualify for the checks, plus our property taxes are $13,000 a year so we can only deduct $10k, and we support President Trump 100%

We both, it seems, value things beyond money......

.....but....since I learned how to spin straw into gold, money has ceased being a concern.

You're lying.

You can't stay away.

I like seeing how someone like you responds to questions that don’t compute with your implanted narrative. You’re response is the most boring, ignore it. Youve erected cognitive walls. Any attempt to breach those walls with contradictory information results in a self defense mechanism, like repelling an invader. That’s why you’ve labeled me a commie or some such nonsense.

and that’s also why you aren’t taken seriously.
as your implanted narrative never changes. too funny, ironic in it's most gracious form.

I'm always curious as to why they can't stay away.

I understand the deep anger when they are unable to refute facts and arguments that skewer there most deeply held beliefs....

...but, I can't help but feel that, deeply, they recognize both the truth in my posts, and the sense of guilt that they never had the courage to question the school and media that lied to them incessantly.
Because it is so much fun playing kick the idiot.

Hey.....that's my job!
You certainly try.

I like seeing how someone like you responds to questions that don’t compute with your implanted narrative. You’re response is the most boring, ignore it. Youve erected cognitive walls. Any attempt to breach those walls with contradictory information results in a self defense mechanism, like repelling an invader. That’s why you’ve labeled me a commie or some such nonsense.

and that’s also why you aren’t taken seriously.
as your implanted narrative never changes. too funny, ironic in it's most gracious form.

I'm always curious as to why they can't stay away.

I understand the deep anger when they are unable to refute facts and arguments that skewer there most deeply held beliefs....

...but, I can't help but feel that, deeply, they recognize both the truth in my posts, and the sense of guilt that they never had the courage to question the school and media that lied to them incessantly.
Because it is so much fun playing kick the idiot.

Hey.....that's my job!
You certainly try.
Has fun

Forum List

Back