Gray Dawn: Green Bulbs, Black Hole...

hey... isn't that the libertarian way? everything is cool unless you infringe upon other people's rights. well.... the gas guzzlers are increasing gas consumption, thereby raising the price/gallon, which in turn I have to also pay for.

Where your argument falls apart is that you think that consumption raises the price. It does not, you fail.

Bullshit... those are the laws of supply and demand... suppose only half of the people wanted iPhones that does now... what do you think that would do to the price of an iPhone?

Bullshit. In the case of oil, the price is determined by what price OPEC decides it should be. Irregardless of demand. You fail.

Where your argument falls apart is that you think that consumption raises the price. It does not, you fail.

Bullshit... those are the laws of supply and demand... suppose only half of the people wanted iPhones that does now... what do you think that would do to the price of an iPhone?

Bullshit. In the case of oil, the price is determined by what price OPEC decides it should be. Irregardless of demand. You fail.

Prove it.

Our Constitution does not allow for laws being made to prohibit someone's actions simply because those actions AFFECT someone else. Our Constitution DOES allow for laws to prohibit someone's actions because those actions INFRINGE on the rights of others.

Isn't Civics still required to get past 8th grade?

Our Constitution does not allow for laws being made to prohibit someone's actions simply because those actions AFFECT someone else. Our Constitution DOES allow for laws to prohibit someone's actions because those actions INFRINGE on the rights of others.

Oh I see... negatively affecting someone else isn't an infringement... I love the way you read between the lines and fill in as you see fit.

Last edited:

Oh I see... negatively affecting someone else isn't an infringement... I love the way you read between the lines and fill in as you see fit.
No, it's not an infringement, unless it negatively affects an individual's or group of individuals' rights.

It's pretty simple.

Your stupidity is negatively affecting me right now, though. Let's make a law. :woohoo:

No, it's not an infringement, unless it negatively affects an individual's or group of individuals' rights.

It's pretty simple.

Your stupidity is negatively affecting me right now, though. Let's make a law. :woohoo:

You just want to make up your own rules.

Government should not be forcing Citizens to buy a particular car,health insurance,light bulb or any other product. Just produce the product and then let the Consumer/Citizen decide which it prefers. The Government should have never gotten involved with banning light bulbs. Period,end of story.

It's pretty simple.

You just want to make up your own rules.
I just want the Constitution followed. It doesn't seem like much to ask.

But, really, your stupidity is negatively affecting me, so let's draft a law about that.

Going back to the whole gas prices go up in summer because people go on vacation, by your logic, you should be able to ban other people going on vacation when you want to, because thier action raises prices.

Do you see the logical pitfall you just fell in?

Going back to the whole gas prices go up in summer because people go on vacation, by your logic, you should be able to ban other people going on vacation when you want to, because thier action raises prices.

Ban vacations by others! It negatively affects me!

Government should not be forcing Citizens to buy a particular car,health insurance,light bulb or any other product. Just produce the product and then let the Consumer/Citizen decide which it prefers. The Government should have never gotten involved with banning light bulbs. Period,end of story.

period... end of story. Wow... how Fascist of you to end the discussion like that. Why did you even start the post if you didn't want a discussion?

yep... I do. You are right. That would be silly to ban vacations... Ok let me rephrase that..

You see, the problem is that you can't see that CONSUMPTION of resources drives up the cost for everyone. I'll tell you what... you can have your SUV... but you should pay a higher cost for fuel. Why should I subsidize your excess?

I use 100 watt bulbs all over my house.

I like to see where I'm going.

Who the hell wants to call hazmat if you drop a lite bulb??

Those Clowns in DC get more assinine every day. One has to seriously wonder what world the asshats live it.

period... end of story. Wow... how Fascist of you to end the discussion like that. Why did you even start the post if you didn't want a discussion?

No,ending the discussion in a Fascist way would be doing what you support. I would just ban you from taking part in the discussion. Have a good day though. See ya.

yep... I do. You are right. That would be silly to ban vacations... Ok let me rephrase that..

You see, the problem is that you can't see that CONSUMPTION of resources drives up the cost for everyone. I'll tell you what... you can have your SUV... but you should pay a higher cost for fuel. Why should I subsidize your excess?
Cool idea! Let's make those who exercise regularly pay more for food.

Let's make those who have green lawns pay more for water.

Let's make those who are attractive pay more for cosmetics.

Let's make those who are students pay more for books.

Let's make those who wear white pay more for bleach.

Etc.

you didn't want a discussion... you wanted the board to give you a "hell yeah!" sorry you didn't necessarily get it.

Yea that's it. Has to be it. You are very annoying but i still wouldn't ban you. And that's the difference between you and me. See ya.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back