Great. Just What We Needed In The Middle Of An Opioid Problem

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
In the fall of 2018 the FDA approved a new opioid stronger than the ones already on the market. It is a close chemical relative of fentanyl. The company said it would save lives but we all know that's one big fat lie. It will destroy and take more lives than it will save.

We already saw what happened with opioids yet the FDA approves this new one.

It was developed for the military and now it's out in the general public.

Why is the government making the same mistake again?

In the fall of 2018 the FDA approved a new opioid stronger than the ones already on the market. It is a close chemical relative of fentanyl. The company said it would save lives but we all know that's one big fat lie. It will destroy and take more lives than it will save.

Because sadly some people experience excruciating pain? "Out in the general public" doesn't mean it's on the shelf next to the Advil. I only know of people being prescribed Fentanyl in the last stages of cancer. Doctors aren't going to be prescribing it to people with a headache the way they did oxycodone. This is a last effort drug.

Because sadly some people experience excruciating pain? "Out in the general public" doesn't mean it's on the shelf next to the Advil. I only know of people being prescribed Fentanyl in the last stages of cancer. Doctors aren't going to be prescribing it to people with a headache the way they did oxycodone. This is a last effort drug.

That's certainly the case with many liberals, they seem to experience excruciating pain every 30 seconds.

Yes when oxycontin came on the market it was said to be meant for extreme cases. It was prescribed to not extreme cases. People became addicted. People died. A lot of problems came from it.

I was in one of those extreme cases. I was in a coma fighting for my life. The doctors didn't think I would wake up. I did. The day I was leaving the hospital the doctor asked me what I wanted for a pain killer. I told him. He refused to prescribe it to me saying it wouldn't work. He wanted to prescribe oxycontin. I refused it. We argued about it. This was in 2009. I told him I had enough problems with the spine injury and paralysis in my hands and arms without adding a heroin addiction to it. I knew what oxycontin is. Yes, I was one of those people who needed it. I refused it. I didn't want to add an addiction to it on top of what I knew I was facing. Which was 3 and a half years of recovery. Including 3 separate surgeries.

If it is meant for the last stages of cancer and situations like that then why did the company that makes it say it would save lives?

That's not logical.

Get some today! Made available by the US Government to a Junkie near you!
1592784881064.png

When I had a hernia surgery they gave me some opiod pills.
It definitely took my mind off the hernia pain`. My stomach was so knotted up in pain and constipated really bad.
Had minor shoulder surgery but somewhat painful. I alternated prescription doses of Advil and Tylenol. Zero pain. Using both those meds together are better than that S Vicodin or that crap.

I don't have an opioid problem? Do you? Do you contend that (possibly dying) people in extreme pain shouldn't have possible relief available? If you have or fear an opioid problem simply don't take them. Problem solved.

Yes when oxycontin came on the market it was said to be meant for extreme cases. It was prescribed to not extreme cases. People became addicted. People died. A lot of problems came from it.

I was in one of those extreme cases. I was in a coma fighting for my life. The doctors didn't think I would wake up. I did. The day I was leaving the hospital the doctor asked me what I wanted for a pain killer. I told him. He refused to prescribe it to me saying it wouldn't work. He wanted to prescribe oxycontin. I refused it. We argued about it. This was in 2009. I told him I had enough problems with the spine injury and paralysis in my hands and arms without adding a heroin addiction to it. I knew what oxycontin is. Yes, I was one of those people who needed it. I refused it. I didn't want to add an addiction to it on top of what I knew I was facing. Which was 3 and a half years of recovery. Including 3 separate surgeries.

If it is meant for the last stages of cancer and situations like that then why did the company that makes it say it would save lives?

That's not logical.
okay Dana

That's not logical.
That Sackler family should be executed for the horrible pain they inflicted on our country. I think they paid 3 billion and are in the Caymens.

When I had a hernia surgery they gave me some opiod pills.
It definitely took my mind off the hernia pain`. My stomach was so knotted up in pain and constipated really bad.
Had minor shoulder surgery but somewhat painful. I alternated prescription doses of Advil and Tylenol. Zero pain. Using both those meds together are better than that S Vicodin or that crap.

Yes there are other medications that will help without adding an opioid addiction to the problem.

okay Dana

Someone who is in the last stages of cancer is close to death.

No amount of that drug is going to save their lives.

The company claims that the drug will save lives.

So I didn't see how what you stated was logical.

I don't have an opioid problem? Do you? Do you contend that (possibly dying) people in extreme pain shouldn't have possible relief available? If you have or fear an opioid problem simply don't take them. Problem solved.
They should only be used mostly for people who have 2 yrs or less to live. Or people smashed up all to hell.

By the time you are really addicted, you're dead. If I only had 2 yrs left I'b high on something 24/7.lol

That Sackler family should be executed for the horrible pain they inflicted on our country. I think they paid 3 billion and are in the Caymens.

I so can't agree with you more. Maybe not executed.

Put them in prison for the rest of their lives.

Take away every penny and asset they ever had. Use the money for rehab for those who became addicted off those drugs.

If more people knew they would face the rest of their lives in prison with everything they worked for taken from them, maybe they would put the good of the people before money.

Paying a fine for these crimes has got to stop. These people need to face criminal charges.

So no script needed eh?
I've been going through 5 years of shit!!!
Hip replacement,cancer surgery,back surgery followed by 5 more hip surgeries.
They generally dont just hand that shit out,trust me.
I was in excruciating pain and it took the Wife raising hell to get another script.

That's not logical.

Then you havent experienced true pain.

Forum List

Back