‘Great State of Kansas’

After the Kansas City Chiefs beat out the San Francisco 49ers for their first Super Bowl title in 50 years, President Trump took to Twitter to congratulate the team for proudly representing “the Great State of Kansas.”

One small hitch: Kansas City is in Missouri.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Congratulations to the Kansas City Chiefs on a great game and a fantastic comeback under immense pressure. We are proud of you and the Great State of Missouri. You are true Champions!

10:27 PM - Feb 2, 2020

This should be fun listening to the Trump Humpers trying to clean this up.

Winning, MAWA.
I saw that, good for a laugh.

I live in Kansas btw.

The part of Kansas that's in Missouri or in Kansas?

Yanno, there are parts of Louisiana that are in Mississippi, and vice versa.....

Maybe an executive order can put KC in Kansas

Donald Trump deletes tweet after congratulating Kansas, not Missouri, for Chiefs' Super Bowl win

Trump congratulates Kansas, not Missouri, in tweet for Super Bowl win

Big deal, there is a Kansas City in Kansas and it's right next to the one in Missouri... easy mistake for anyone to make. :dunno:

Stop being so inane and petty.

It's not that the guy doesn't know where Kansas City is. It's that he doesn't have the simple stones to admit he fucked up. I mean it doesn't exactly take big boulders, nomsane?

Just like "Tim Apple". And "would means wouldn't". Not to mention those revolutionary war airports.

I always assumed Kansas City, Kansas was where the Chiefs were from not Kansas City, Missouri. Does Missouri have any other professional sport franchises? The South was so fucked over by the Civil War atrocities and genocide of Whitey and the "Reconstruction" which was intended to permanently prevent Whitey from advancing the South, it is amazing they actually built Arrowhead Stadium.

Uhhhmmmmmmm..... SAINT LOUIS? Or did you think that was in Illinois?

Btw, neither Missouri nor Kansas has ever been in "the South" anyway.

Donald Trump deletes tweet after congratulating Kansas, not Missouri, for Chiefs' Super Bowl win

I was in Kansas City for the first time a couple weeks ago. I was in an office lobby talking to some locals and asked them how close were we to Kansas. They politely smiled and said that if I crossed the street behind the building I would be in Kansas.

Trolling trump on congratulating Kansas for the Chiefs is bullshit. Kansas City is both Kansas and Missouri. The Chiefs play in Missouri side but represent the region. This is like the NY Giants and Jets playing in NJ or the Washington Redskins playing in Maryland.

Then why congratulate Kansas to the exclusion of the state they're actually in?

And if it did make sense to do that, how come he deleted it and corrected himself --- yet will never admit he corrected himself?

Because he doesn't know that shit, that's why. Just like "Button" and "Nipple".

Cue the idiotic "Obama thinks we have 57 states" thing. We know it`s coming.

but....but.....but..... Obama.

You assfuckian Trumpettes really need to find a new excuse for Trump's stupidity & ignorance.

:)

What does President Obama have to do with Trump saying the Chiefs are in Kansas?

O'bana tapppppppped his tweet wires.

Not that significant of a mistake, probably not even a mistake at all as the vast majority of pro football fans in Kansas support the Chiefs as their team. Trump makes a lot of boners, Why do you go after one so insignificant?

Again --- because (a) it's just the latest one, and (b) because he'll never in a million years cop to it. And that's the fun part.

I was in Kansas City for the first time a couple weeks ago. I was in an office lobby talking to some locals and asked them how close were we to Kansas. They politely smiled and said that if I crossed the street behind the building I would be in Kansas.

Trolling trump on congratulating Kansas for the Chiefs is bullshit. Kansas City is both Kansas and Missouri. The Chiefs play in Missouri side but represent the region. This is like the NY Giants and Jets playing in NJ or the Washington Redskins playing in Maryland.

Uh nnnno, it isn't. The Chiefs play, and are based in, Missouri. That's the major city. They certainly could play in Kansas if conditions make it practical, but they don't.

No, this is more like if the St. Louis Cardinals win a world series and the POTUS congratulates the state of Illinois because that's where East St. Louis is.

We didn't elect Trump for careful, measured, calm speech and writing ----

We forgive him.

If Kansas City is in Missouri, it should be more clear about that. Sheeeesh. Talk about bad labeling. What do they expect.
like Illinois City, Indiana or California City, Arizona

West New York, New Jersey.

Probably the scariest most depressing place I've ever seen. A good place to leave.

Did people congratulate NJ when the Giants won it all?

Are the Chiefs named the Missouri City Chiefs or Kansas City Chiefs?

You think Rump thought the name of the team was the "City Chiefs" and they play for the state of Kansas??

After the Kansas City Chiefs beat out the San Francisco 49ers for their first Super Bowl title in 50 years, President Trump took to Twitter to congratulate the team for proudly representing “the Great State of Kansas.”

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Congratulations to the Kansas City Chiefs on a great game and a fantastic comeback under immense pressure. We are proud of you and the Great State of Missouri. You are true Champions!

Winning, MAWA.

The bigger issue is that most people on this board don’t know that Kansas City is in both Kansas and Missouri. The President was correct.

And there it is --- the reality bend. Because they can not and will not admit that Orange Crash fucked up. Therefore, deny Reality itself. Two plus two equals five. Ignorance is Strength.

"Kansas City" --- the main one that the Chiefs (and Royals) play for --- is in Missouri. Period.

Pop quiz --- where is The Bronx located?

at worst trumps mistake just shows the east and west coasters attitude and ignorance towards us fly over states
Trump knows little about flyover states.
dont single him out,,,most coasters dont know about us,,
my mother in law just moved back from vegas and she was always asked how she liked living in kansas,,,
I dont hate the place but I dont like the ignorance that stems from it. I'm sure there are decent people, but education, church and upbringings failed those areas. I grow up overseas and we all knew that red areas means more racism, less acceptance, regressivness, fanaticism and facism.
Btw just today once again Trump called UAE " united Arab air mattresses" lol

So you stereotyped? That is what I believe racists do, stereotype those as demeaning them, thus marginalizing them. Nice work.

Uh nnnno, it isn't. The Chiefs play, and are based in, Missouri. That's the major city. They certainly could play in Kansas if conditions make it practical, but they don't.

No, this is more like if the St. Louis Cardinals win a world series and the POTUS congratulates the state of Illinois because that's where East St. Louis is.

Ever been to Kansas City?

at worst trumps mistake just shows the east and west coasters attitude and ignorance towards us fly over states
Maybe the rest of us

But why would a Stable Genius make such a mistake?
because its a simple mistake for coasters,,,he did spend most of his life in new york city,,,

So did I
But I knew KC teams are in Missouri since I was a child

Does that make me a Stable Genius?

The vast majority of us learned that when we were like 8 or 10 years old. That's the point where Rump just stopped developing. It's why he acts like a ten-year-old.

People are always assuming I live in Kansas when I tell them I'm from KC. Happens on this board frequently as well.
I'm just glad we nailed him on the important stuff finally!

Of course you don't see the hypocrisy in all this

Mike Pompeo screamed at reporter she couldn’t find Ukraine on a map — she did and the interview was shut down

Trump couldn't find Ukraine on a map and you know it. He's an idiot.

I bet he can find "Button" and "Nipple" by now though.

Ever been to Kansas City?

Driven through it, didn't stop. I was driving east.

I've been everywhere, man.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Winning, MAWA.
Trump goofed

it happens

:clap2:

Forum List

Back