Greece Runs Out of Other People's Money

Who Owns The Most U.S. Debt - Forbes

7 point something % as of Oct 2014

Let the record show that a "huge portion" of 100% to blacksand is 7%. Wow. Oops.

Okay ... I see now that China just holds the largest portion of our foreign debt.
And I can see where 7.2 % of our debt really isn't a lot of money.

Lol....soulmates

H.p.

Anyhoo, bedtime!!

Night ... Sleep Well and Pleasant Dreams.
And thanks for looking that up for me ... Lol.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
we'll see if Europe and the US just let them starve/riot. I doubt it, the powers that be are too afraid that it will spread, to Spain, etc.

Yeah, the bleeding heart "liberals" will bail them out and "greece" their palms with greenbacks while the "conservatives" will bemoan it with the usual rancor.

we'll see if Europe and the US just let them starve/riot. I doubt it, the powers that be are too afraid that it will spread, to Spain, etc.

Yeah, the bleeding heart "liberals" will bail them out and "greece" their palms with greenbacks while the "conservatives" will bemoan it with the usual rancor.
Sure, the liberals that are telling the left-wing Greek government to privatize, raise the retirement age, curb the unions and cut government spending?

You're an idiot!

Wow! Just WOW!
Dividends are paid from a company's net (after tax) profit. For one who makes such grandiose personal financial claims you really are MONUMENTALLY IGNORANT.
:itsok:

Nope. Pretax.

Wow. You really are every bit as dense as you seem but I found an explanation at Investopedia that appears to have been written so that even an 11 yr old child could understand. Ask an adult for help if this doesn't make things clear:

After all is said and done, companies that have made a profit can do one of two things with the excess cash. They can (1) take the money and reinvest it to earn even more money, or (2) take the excess funds and divide them among the company's owners, the shareholders, in the form of a dividend.

If the company decides to pay out dividends, the earnings are taxed twice by the government because of the transfer of the money from the company to the shareholders. The first taxation occurs at the company's year-end when it must pay taxes on its earnings. The second taxation occurs when the shareholders receive the dividends, which come from the company's after-tax earnings. The shareholders pay taxes first as owners of a company that brings in earnings and then again as individuals, who must pay income taxes on their own personal dividend earnings.
http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/03/102203.asp#ixzz3e58Iwnvy

7.2% of 100% isnt huge.

$1.2 trillion dollars ISN'T huge? That's a lot of Kool-Aid for you!
No, its not at all huge. not as a percentage of total debt (7.2%), not as a percent of estimated us assetts (0.00000005-ish percent)...

In no fucking universe is that a lot of debt for an economy as large as ours.

Oh....you were comparing it to PERSONAL debt? :lol:

No really.....good argument bro.

No, really. :lol:

Corporations pay tax on profits... then after the profits are taxed and the dividends distributed to the owners of the corporation, our government taxes that same profit again as personal income tax.

Corporations pay taxes on profits. The dividends are distributed by a benefit company and are deducted as business costs by the corporation. Individuals are taxed on the income they make.

Wow. You really are every bit as dense as you seem but I found an explanation at Investopedia that appears to have been written so that even an 11 yr old child could understand. Ask an adult for help if this doesn't make things clear:

After all is said and done, companies that have made a profit can do one of two things with the excess cash. They can (1) take the money and reinvest it to earn even more money, or (2) take the excess funds and divide them among the company's owners, the shareholders, in the form of a dividend.

If the company decides to pay out dividends, the earnings are taxed twice by the government because of the transfer of the money from the company to the shareholders. The first taxation occurs at the company's year-end when it must pay taxes on its earnings. The second taxation occurs when the shareholders receive the dividends, which come from the company's after-tax earnings. The shareholders pay taxes first as owners of a company that brings in earnings and then again as individuals, who must pay income taxes on their own personal dividend earnings.
http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/03/102203.asp#ixzz3e58Iwnvy

Answered in post 233.

Corporations pay tax on profits... then after the profits are taxed and the dividends distributed to the owners of the corporation, our government taxes that same profit again as personal income tax.

Corporations pay taxes on profits. The dividends are distributed by a benefit company and are deducted as business costs by the corporation. Individuals are taxed on the income they make.

For a one per center you know very little about corporate taxation. Dividends are a distribution of a corporation's earnings to its stockholders. Dividends are not considered an expense of the corporation and, therefore, dividends do not reduce a corporation's net income or its taxable income.

No, its not at all huge. not as a percentage of total debt (7.2%), not as a percent of estimated us assetts (0.00000005-ish percent)...

I'm beginning to believe that you don't need anymore Kool-Aid.

For a one per center you know very little about corporate taxation. Dividends are a distribution of a corporation's earnings to its stockholders. Dividends are not considered an expense of the corporation and, therefore, dividends do not reduce a corporation's net income or its taxable income.

Except when a benefit company pays the dividend to the investor. The entire proceeds paid to a benefit company are fully deductible. Think about it. The company doesn't directly pay the investor, the company pays another company.

I'm beginning to believe that you don't need anymore Kool-Aid.
No, for an economy the size of the u.s.'s its as tiny as your dick.

No, for an economy the size of the u.s.'s its as tiny as your dick.

I was correct. Too much Kool-Aid.
Youre competing with stephanie for dumbest poster.

To scale, 1.2 trillion is only 7.2% of total us debt.

Thats 3750 from every citizen over their lifetime.

Thats about 0.000005% of total u.s. assets (estimated land, business, infrastructure, etc).

Youre the dope who doesnt understand the concept of "scale," "scope" and "percentages" so please, have a fucking seat at the kiddie table.

Forum List

Back