🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Green energy, is a joke.

I think you picked the wrong parameter to compare. As you diffuse the sources, the average distance between generation and consumption goes down.
No one wants 100 windmills next to their home

Pittance of power? Let's see how much coal we need to burn to equal the output of a measly 3 MW wind turbine.
Let’s see how long it takes to produce that “3MW”.

Coal: less than 1 hour if fed enough coal
Wind turbine: 24 hours

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

So like everything the left does, even their energy is inefficient and detrimental to the advancement of mankind.

And who is going to tell Crick that windmills are killing more than 1 million birds per year??

I thought the left was about saving the planet? Oops!

Table 2–Summary of predicted annual avian mortality.

Mortality source - Annual mortality estimate - Percent composition

Buildings - - - - - - - - - - - 550 million - - - - - - - 58.2 percent
Power lines - - - - - - - - - -130 million - - - - - - - 13.7 percent
Cats - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 100 million - - - - - - - 10.6 percent
Automobiles - - - - - - - - - 80 million - - - - - - - - 8.5 percent
Pesticides - - - - - - - - - - - 67 million - - - - - - - -7.1 percent
Communications towers - - 4.5 million- - - - - - - 0.5 percent
Wind turbines - - - - - - - - 28.5 thousand - - - <0.01 percent
Airplanes - - - - - - - - - - - 25 thousand - - - - <0.01 percent

And from Threats to Birds | U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service

1675004748738.png

Select electric energy jokes..

I Just opened my water bill and my electricity bill at the same time… I was shocked.

What do wind turbines talk about? Nothing special. They just shoot the breeze.

A sweater I bought was picking up static electricity. So, I returned it to the store. They gave me another one free of charge.

I caught my friend harassing some electricity. I told him it was an abuse of power.

Why did the light bulb fail his math quiz? He wasn’t too bright.

Why did the lights go out? Because they liked each other!

Why do fluorescent lights hum? Because they can’t remember the words.

Dad, can you tell me what a solar eclipse is? (dad) “No sun.”

What would you call a power failure? A current event.

What did the electrician do when he was asked to fix the electricity at my house? He re-fused.

How dare I? Why, good thing that little girl is just on a video, if she said that to my face, I might be tempted to do something she'd really resent! That little snot needs a good ass-kicking.
Really? You want to physically assault a young woman because she has expressed her views? What an astounding example of humanity you be.

She didn't express 'her' views. She expressed the bullshit from WEF, her seconded daddy, Klaus. Come on, wake up and smell the bullshit. She's the WEFs puppet.
I disagree completely, but even given that, do you think that justifies physically assaulting her?

Ahahahah :auiqs.jpg:
Green energy, in particular, wind turbines are an eyesore, expensive, don't last very long, and destroy themselves in the process polluting the environment and killing/destroying ecosystems. But that's not want the Greens will tell you or the WEF wankers.

Go Greta...

:cul2:

LOL Gotta love the lies the dingbat looney tunes spew here. Of course, to this fellow, mountain top coal mining and tar sand mines are beautiful. But such assholes are in the end irrelevant. You see, economics are all in wind and solars favor, and that is what the utilities and individuals will base their decisions on.

grphx_lcoe-02.png

LOL Gotta love the lies the dingbat looney tunes spew here. Of course, to this fellow, mountain top coal mining and tar sand mines are beautiful. But such assholes are in the end irrelevant. You see, economics are all in wind and solars favor, and that is what the utilities and individuals will base their decisions on.

grphx_lcoe-02.png
Nice pipe dream, for those that live in a world of fantasy.

What are the problems faced by renewable energy?

I find it interesting that you start off your argument with the entirely subjective comment that wind turbines are an eyesore. I don't think so and I suspect many people agree with me. It is only recently that they have begun failing catastrophically and that is very likely due to the massive growth in the industry; a growing pain. The pollution created in their production and operation is a tiny, tiny fraction of that produced by generating that same energy with fossil fuels. They do not destroy ecosystems. Fossils fuels do. Your comments and this thread are vaporware.
I bet fossil fuels were used to create every component of the wind turbines. Kind of ironic don't you think?

I bet fossil fuels were used to create every component of the wind turbines. Kind of ironic don't you think?
Not in the least. I bet a significant percentage of the electricity consumed was produced by wind or solar. And I can guarantee you that over the life of that turbine, it will avoid the combustion of thousands of tons of coal or millions of cubic feet of natural gas. The amount of fuel used during its construction is likely compensated in the first 2-3 days of operation.

Not in the least. I bet a significant percentage of the electricity consumed was produced by wind or solar. And I can guarantee you that over the life of that turbine, it will avoid the combustion of thousands of tons of coal or millions of cubic feet of natural gas. The amount of fuel used during its construction is likely compensated in the first 2-3 days of operation.
I figured you'd have no clue.

For example, how do wind turbines get to the site? A shit load of EV's towing it? :auiqs.jpg:
Or what about their erection on site, solar-powered cranes?:laughing0301:
How do they dig out the rare earth minerals for the turbines? Huge EVs and a lot of them? :auiqs.jpg:

C'mon, be serious.

How wind turbine is made - material, manufacture, used, parts, components, machine, Raw Materials

Nice pipe dream, for those that live in a world of fantasy.

What are the problems faced by renewable energy?

From your link:
renewable energy has undertaken a global adoption as a means to alleviate climate change. It is free of direct pollution and carbon emissions. It is the most feasible substitute for fossil fuels. With time it is becoming an inevitable part of the mix of energy production.
Pipe dream: "an unattainable or fanciful hope or plan."
Inevitable: "certain to happen; unavoidable."

Reality: You are simply full of beans.

PNAS {Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America} is a funny sounding acronym, but a serious organization nonetheless. Here's a few of their findings regarding your ilk:
In comparison to left-wing supporters, right-wing individuals are more often characterized by closed-mindedness and dogmatism (9) and a heightened need for order, structure, and cognitive closure (5). Because such characteristics have been found to increase in-group bias and lead to greater out-group hostility (10), violence for a cause may be more likely among proponents of right-wing ideologies. In contrast, in comparison to their right-wing counterparts, left-wing individuals score higher on openness to new experiences, cognitive complexity, and tolerance of uncertainty (5). They are also less likely to support social dominance (11)
Enjoy!

From your link:

Pipe dream: "an unattainable or fanciful hope or plan."
Inevitable: "certain to happen; unavoidable."

Reality: You are simply full of beans.

PNAS {Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America} is a funny sounding acronym, but a serious organization nonetheless. Here's a few of their findings regarding your ilk:

Enjoy!
You still don't get it, do you? Show me anywhere that tells us 'Renewable energy', is free from any form of fossil fuel involvement, from the extraction of rare earth minerals, the production and transportation to the site of all components and erection and maintenance is free from fossil fuels.

I figured you'd have no clue.

For example, how do wind turbines get to the site? A shit load of EV's towing it? :auiqs.jpg:
Or what about their erection on site, solar-powered cranes?:laughing0301:
How do they dig out the rare earth minerals for the turbines? Huge EVs and a lot of them? :auiqs.jpg:

C'mon, be serious.

How wind turbine is made - material, manufacture, used, parts, components, machine, Raw Materials
We are in the early stages of a transition to emission free energy and transportation. Given that, what IS your point?

We are in the early stages of a transition to emission free energy and transportation. Given that, what IS your point?
So I do have to point it out to you.

Clean and green energy is not 'clean and green'. Fossil fuels are used such as lubricants for the moving parts, production, transportation and maintenance of it all. Are there any EV cranes, cargo ships etc around?
Still in 'early stages' yes, but that is a cop-out statement.

Forum List

Back