Green energy, solar and wind are collapsing....it can't happen fast enough.

Who knows?

Maybe artificial global warming is offsetting a natural cooling period?

As I said, who knows?
It's a pretty well established and undeniable trend. It has what I would call momentum or inertia. It should be the obvious starting point. 90% of the past 400,000 years has been 5 to 8C colder than today. That's just a fact. The planet is uniquely configured for colder temperatures. That too is a fact.

It's a pretty well established and undeniable trend. It has what I would call momentum or inertia. It should be the obvious starting point. 90% of the past 400,000 years has been 5 to 8C colder than today. That's just a fact. The planet is uniquely configured for colder temperatures. That too is a fact.
How many different configurations does the Earth have?

How many different configurations does the Earth have?
There's only been one occurrence where both polar regions were thermally isolated. And it been that way for more than 50 million years. And it is that that makes our planet uniquely configured for colder temperatures. So to answer your question, there's only one configuration that makes this planet uniquely configured for colder temperatures. This one.

There's only been one occurrence where both polar regions were thermally isolated. And it been that way for more than 50 million years. And it is that that makes our planet uniquely configured for colder temperatures. So to answer your question, there's only one configuration that makes this planet uniquely configured for colder temperatures. This one.
How are they isolated now and why weren't they isolated in the past? And 50 million years is only 1/70th of the planet's age. That doesn't even take you back to the Cretaceous.

How are they isolated now and why weren't they isolated in the past? And 50 million years is only 1/70th of the planet's age. That doesn't even take you back to the Cretaceous.
Are you that dumb? Seriously?

The goal isn't to produce more, reliable, cheaper, efficient energy....the goal of the left is to limit access to energy to give them more control over the life choices we have....
How do you know? Global warming will not go away because you refuse to acknowledge it.

Can you answer those questions?
You are a moron if you don't understand how the polar regions are thermally isolated from warmer marine currents. Or understand the significance of it as well as the different attributes of each polar region. You shouldn't even be having an opinion on the planet's climate without this basic and fundamental information.

Can you answer those questions?
So I guess this means you have no idea what the consequences of the AMOC collapsing, right? I mean since you don't understand the significance of heat transfer to the polar regions and all.

You are a moron if you don't understand how the polar regions are thermally isolated from warmer marine currents.
Can you explain? The Arctic Ocean and the Southern Ocean are both physically connected to the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. In what way do you believe they are thermally isolated? And why weren't they thermally isolated in the past? And when did they transition from unisolated to isolated? You mentioned 50 million years, but what about the previous 3,450,000,000 years? How was the planet configured during the other 98.57% of its existence ?
Or understand the significance of it as well as the different attributes of each polar region. You shouldn't even be having an opinion on the planet's climate without this basic and fundamental information.
Then I'm asking you to get me up to speed. Please explain how all this isolation and unisolation has led to the radical warming we've seen in the last 150 years and why the CO2 has nothing to do with it.

Can you explain? The Arctic Ocean and the Southern Ocean are both physically connected to the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. In what way do you believe they are thermally isolated? And why weren't they thermally isolated in the past? And when did they transition from unisolated to isolated? You mentioned 50 million years, but what about the previous 3,450,000,000 years? How was the planet configured during the other 98.57% of its existence ?

Then I'm asking you to get me up to speed. Please explain how all this isolation and unisolation has led to the radical warming we've seen in the last 150 years and why the CO2 has nothing to do with it.
You are a moron arguing against this. It's why we have a bipolar glaciated planet.

You are a moron arguing against this. It's why we have a bipolar glaciated planet.
All planets have two poles. Any planet with water and temperatures below freezing will have ice on it somewhere. Please explain how the poles are "thermally isolated" now but were not in the past.

All planets have two poles. Any planet with water and temperatures below freezing will have ice on it somewhere. Please explain how the poles are "thermally isolated" now but were not in the past.
Our planet is glaciated at both. And when the AMOC collapses you'll discover the significance of that.

~S~
Read this Ding. Good article. They didn't bring up bipolar glaciation but they used a lot of other words.

An excerpt. Right up your alley

Another project looks back much further in time, in trying to understand connections between deep ocean circulation and the timing of Earth's ice ages. Observations indicate the pacing of ice ages changed about a million years ago, with ice ages becoming longer in duration and more intense. I am using a sediment core from the South Atlantic Ocean to reconstruct changes in deep ocean circulation over the Mid-Pleistocene Transition when ice ages became more intense and longer. I want to understand what role deep ocean circulation may have played in contributing to this major climate transition.

Last edited:
Read this Ding. Good article. They didn't bring up bipolar glaciation but they used a lot of other words.

Another project looks back much further in time, in trying to understand connections between deep ocean circulation and the timing of Earth's ice ages. Observations indicate the pacing of ice ages changed about a million years ago, with ice ages becoming longer in duration and more intense. I am using a sediment core from the South Atlantic Ocean to reconstruct changes in deep ocean circulation over the Mid-Pleistocene Transition when ice ages became more intense and longer. I want to understand what role deep ocean circulation may have played in contributing to this major climate transition.
yes Crick, it's apparent Earth has a climate history , one that may even predate the human history on it

~S~

How do you know? Global warming will not go away because you refuse to acknowledge it.

Global warming and cooling happen no matter what we do....but you taking money and power from people over your religious beliefs in man made global warming is just stupid.

I already did read it and several others as well. It's pretty clear to me that the collapse of the AMOC is temperature dependent (i.e. density and salinity related) and is what has been triggering glacial periods.

It doesn't play a role in ending glacial periods. It's role is to trigger glacial periods. And that's because of the unique landmass configuration of this planet.

Global warming and cooling happen no matter what we do....but you taking money and power from people over your religious beliefs in man made global warming is just stupid.
There are three reasons I believe in human caused global warming. First, I have noticed hotter summers and milder winters. It has been several years since there has been any snow where I live. More days in summer have temperatures above 90 Fahrenheit.

Second, I believe that on any complex and controversial issues the consensus of the experts is more likely to be true than mistaken.

Third, I understand the science. During the age of dinosaurs the climate on earth was much warmer. Sea levels were higher. Much of what is now the United States was under water. Tropical plants lived closer to the North Pole and the South Pole than now.

Over a period of many millions of years plants removed carton from the atmosphere using photosynthesis. This carbon was deposited as coal, petroleum, and natural gas. As the percentage of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere declined, the climate cooled.

By consuming fossil fuels we are reversing a process that lasted for several hundred million years in several hundred years. This is the reason why the summers get hotter, and why the winters get milder.

Forum List

Back