Green energy, solar and wind are collapsing....it can't happen fast enough.

There are three reasons I believe in human caused global warming. First, I have noticed hotter summers and milder winters. It has been several years since there has been any snow where I live. More days in summer have temperatures above 90 Fahrenheit.

What percentage of that is natural?
What percentage is us?

I prevented facts that persuade me that global warming is caused by human activity, and is a serious threat.

I agree, your feelings about hotter summers and milder winters and local snow are very convincing.

After you get the Chinese to reduce their CO2, I'm willing to discuss mine.

I agree, your feelings about hotter summers and milder winters and local snow are very convincing.

Global warming is an international problem that requires international solutions.

I said it 10 years ago in here and it still holds...........

The science isnt mattering.........its not debatable. If the science doesnt transcended to the real world of energy, the "science" is nothing more than an academic hobby.

In the US, wind/solar have been growing at a snails pace and now investors are bailing.

Whooooooops :bye1:

I said it 10 years ago in here and it still holds...........

The science isnt mattering.........its not debatable. If the science doesnt transcended to the real world of energy, the "science" is nothing more than an academic hobby.

In the US, wind/solar have been growing at a snails pace and now investors are bailing.

Whooooooops :bye1:
New technologies often need to be subsidized by the government.

Why do you put that proviso on there Todd? If our CO2 emissions ARE a problem (and you know that they are) what benefit is accomplished by waiting? And how genuine is this offer? The Chinese have already made extensive moves towards reducing their CO2 emissions.

1699375803564.png

There are three reasons I believe in human caused global warming. First, I have noticed hotter summers and milder winters. It has been several years since there has been any snow where I live. More days in summer have temperatures above 90 Fahrenheit.

Second, I believe that on any complex and controversial issues the consensus of the experts is more likely to be true than mistaken.

Third, I understand the science. During the age of dinosaurs the climate on earth was much warmer. Sea levels were higher. Much of what is now the United States was under water. Tropical plants lived closer to the North Pole and the South Pole than now.

Over a period of many millions of years plants removed carton from the atmosphere using photosynthesis. This carbon was deposited as coal, petroleum, and natural gas. As the percentage of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere declined, the climate cooled.

By consuming fossil fuels we are reversing a process that lasted for several hundred million years in several hundred years. This is the reason why the summers get hotter, and why the winters get milder.

Tell that to the scientists who once knew....knew, that the sun revolved around the earth......or that lobotomies were a way to cure people.....

Tell that to the scientists who once knew....knew, that the sun revolved around the earth......or that lobotomies were a way to cure people.....
That theory was rejected because it did match new findings. Contemporary findings confirm global warming.

Do today's scientists believe that the sun revolve's around the Earth? Do they believe lobotomies are a cure?

Is there a reason you don't argue the actual science on this matter? Can you show that humans haven't boosted the atmosphere's CO2 level of that it doesn't absorb IR or that there is no greenhouse effect or is no warming?

No, actually, they don't.
You do not prove that by asserting it. I have explained why I believe in human caused global warming. You claim it is not happening because you dislike the political implications.

In your way you are as impermeable to politically undesirable facts as those who clam that assertions made in The Bell Curve are pseudo science. The difference is that they try to suppress those who agree with The Bell Curve. Those of your persuasion do not to suppress those who believe in man made global warming.

You do not prove that by asserting it. I have explained why I believe in human caused global warming. You claim it is not happening because you dislike the political implications.

In your way you are as impermeable to politically undesirable facts as those who clam that assertions made in The Bell Curve are pseudo science. The difference is that they try to suppress those who agree with The Bell Curve. Those of your persuasion do not to suppress those who believe in man made global warming.
On the assumption that your last sentence was supposed to read "...do not try to suppress those... I would disagree. Trump, and to a lesser extent Bush Jr, both attempted to suppress dissemination of AGW from Executive Branch agencies.

If I have misunderstood what your last sentence was supposed to say, please enlighten me.

Why do you put that proviso on there Todd? If our CO2 emissions ARE a problem (and you know that they are) what benefit is accomplished by waiting? And how genuine is this offer? The Chinese have already made extensive moves towards reducing their CO2 emissions.

View attachment 854677

If our CO2 emissions ARE a problem

If ours is a problem, China's is more than twice our problem.

The Chinese have already made extensive moves towards reducing their CO2 emissions.

1699391877812.png

Clearly.

View attachment 854677

1699392012773.png

Global CO₂ emissions change 1990-2022, by country

Published by Ian Tiseo, Oct 4, 2023
In 2022, CO₂ emissions in the United Kingdom were 41 percent lower than in 1990, while emissions in the United States were around 2.6 percent lower. In contrast, emissions in China and India were more than 300 percent higher in 2022 than in 1990 due to economic growth.

You're right! The US reduced our CO2 by 2.6%, while our population increased by 33%.
China reduced their CO2 by over 300%. Amazing!!!!

Oh, wait.......China increased their CO2 by more than 300%. My bad.

View attachment 854677
You are measuring the problem using per capita numbers? Really?

And I'm pretty sure their per capita emissions are climbing, not falling, so not sure what kind of statistical bullshit you are using to ass fuck reality.

Forum List

Back