Guess How Many Troops Obama Just Authorized 2B Deployed to Iraq?? Sound Familiar, LOL?

BB 10127980 regarding Bor10127960, Ogi 10127929, DT 10127922, JS 10127898
Gee Obama decided to withdraw all troops from Iraq.
That is not true. Bush decided when all US troops would be removed from Iraq. A date certain was given. Obama decided to abide by that plan.

Obama decided not to listen to his advisors to negotiate a status of forces agreement that left troops there

No Obama listened to his advisers who told him Iraq's Parliament had to approve any changes to Iraq's constitution just as it did when Bush and Maliki created the first SOFA in 2008. The Iraqis would not approve it.

Obama decided not to be involved in the region.

That is unproven hogwash.

Obama decided "no boots on the ground."

Of Course he did. He has pursued a policy that the Iraqis must bear the brunt of the fighting that involves ground combat.And the Iraqis are now coming around and doing so.

Obama decided the initial number of deployments and subsequent ones.

And all for a non-combat role for our ground troop. If more non-combat troops are needed to train and advise, I see no problem in that.

Obama decided the targets for airstrikes.

And that is a problem, why?

Bush did what he believed was the right thing to do and he did, as you stated, take the advice of the miltary experts. Obama thought he knew better, and it has turned into a first class clusterfuck.

It was Obama who understood the true situation in Iraq. If only Bush had listened

obama was advising bush when he was in office?..LMAO..
poor bitter little partisans...they're coming completely unhinged now.

Obama would have made a better adviser than Cheney, Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz

all over the map..you change the subject with every post...chase your tail...

If only Bush had listened....

What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz and other armchair, weekend warriors in this administration to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne.

What I am opposed to is the attempt by political hacks like Karl Rove to distract us from a rise in the uninsured, a rise in the poverty rate, a drop in the median income — to distract us from corporate scandals and a stock market that has just gone through the worst month since the Great Depression. That's what I'm opposed to. A dumb war. A rash war. A war based not on reason but on passion, not on principle but on politics. Now let me be clear — I suffer no illusions about Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who butchers his own people to secure his own power. He has repeatedly defied UN resolutions, thwarted UN inspection teams, developed chemical and biological weapons, and coveted nuclear capacity. He's a bad guy. The world, and the Iraqi people, would be better off without him.

But I also know that Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States or to his neighbors, that the Iraqi economy is in shambles, that the Iraqi military a fraction of its former strength, and that in concert with the international community he can be contained until, in the way of all petty dictators, he falls away into the dustbin of history. I know that even a successful war against Iraq will require a U.S. occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences

Barack Obama Oct 2 2002

W opened Pandora's Box and we have been over a decade trying to get it closed again. All so DICK and his followers could reap some tidy profits from a "war of choice."

It was Obama who understood the true situation in Iraq. If only Bush had listened

What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz and other armchair, weekend warriors in this administration to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne.

What I am opposed to is the attempt by political hacks like Karl Rove to distract us from a rise in the uninsured, a rise in the poverty rate, a drop in the median income — to distract us from corporate scandals and a stock market that has just gone through the worst month since the Great Depression. That's what I'm opposed to. A dumb war. A rash war. A war based not on reason but on passion, not on principle but on politics. Now let me be clear — I suffer no illusions about Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who butchers his own people to secure his own power. He has repeatedly defied UN resolutions, thwarted UN inspection teams, developed chemical and biological weapons, and coveted nuclear capacity. He's a bad guy. The world, and the Iraqi people, would be better off without him.

But I also know that Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States or to his neighbors, that the Iraqi economy is in shambles, that the Iraqi military a fraction of its former strength, and that in concert with the international community he can be contained until, in the way of all petty dictators, he falls away into the dustbin of history. I know that even a successful war against Iraq will require a U.S. occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences

Barack Obama Oct 2 2002

W opened Pandora's Box and we have been over a decade trying to get it closed again. All so DICK and his followers could reap some tidy profits from a "war of choice."

What Obama tried to explain was that Iraq was no threat and if we broke it, it was ours
Bush did not listen.....Obama is paying the consequences

Barack Obama Oct 2 2002

What Obama tried to explain was that Iraq was no threat and if we broke it, it was ours
Bush did not listen.....Obama is paying the consequences
And what of Libya, Syria, Egypt, Ukraine,

EC 10128330
Dude, don't get me started on the SOFA.

Do not get her started on the SOFA. She knew nothing about it on those other threads. The first Iraqi SOFA in 2008 had to be passed in Iraq's Parliament. EconChick was wrong. Obama was not the one to require that .

EC 9495796 regarding NF 9493384, EC 9492265
President DumbFuck inserts a POISON PILL. He requires that the Iraqi Legislature had to approve the agreement. Well a) that's difficult for a western legis but especially for one as messy as this one but b) that has never been a requirement in any of the 40 other SOFA agreements we have with other nations. .

DT 10131146
And what of Libya, Syria, Egypt, Ukraine,

Obama didn't start the war in Syria or Libya. Obama had nothing to do with the overthrow of Yanukovich in Ukraine. And what about Egypt? What is wrong with Egypt? Obama didn't start any wars as Bush did with regard to Iraq?

It's a question of going to war, supporting war, not going to war, overthrowing, supporting overthrowing, standing clear of any involvement....all are decisions...only history will define their correctness. Did you hear Gary Bernsten on fox this morning foo? Check it out.

None of this shit would be an issue if Obama had not bombed Libya and started a gun running business and a 'Free Weapons Trade Zone' in Northern Africa.

to train, advise and assist Iraqi security forces,
Isn't this what the US military was supposedly doing for the past 12 plus years?
Either the Iraqi military is beyond stupid or the US military makes lousy teachers.
asking Congress for $5.6 billion
Really $5.6 billion for what exactly, if they are only there to train and advise?
Books and Operation Manuals? Someone is lying!

Isn't this what the US military was supposedly doing for the past 12 plus years?
Either the Iraqi military is beyond stupid or the US military makes lousy teachers.
Really $5.6 billion for what exactly, if they are only there to train and advise?
i pick beyond stupid...plus what muslim is going to take instruction from christians?

As I said yesterday and Gary Bernsten reiterated this morning on fox...the Iraqis should pay for these services.

I see Jake is jumping to conclusions;)

Never said anything about Nam,never said where I was.

I won't tell you where it was, but it isn't that hard to figure it out.'

Poor Jake, nobody is threatening you and you aren't stupid enough (I don't think) to put yourself in a position through stupid actions to get yourself hurt

Antares, if you are 57 and never in Vietnam, where did your buddy run into punji sticks?

Jake was Nam the only place they were ever used?

Now....you cannot goad me into saying where it was or what we were doing.

I CAN tell you it wasn't Nam and I can tell you it was 1978 but that's alI can tell you.

I see Jake is jumping to conclusions;)

Never said anything about Nam,never said where I was.

I won't tell you where it was, but it isn't that hard to figure it out.'

Poor Jake, nobody is threatening you and you aren't stupid enough (I don't think) to put yourself in a position through stupid actions to get yourself hurt

Ah, I see you got slapped. Good. Bark all you want, your bite is toothless.

None of this shit would be an issue if Obama had not bombed Libya and started a gun running business and a 'Free Weapons Trade Zone' in Northern Africa..

Stupid is as stupid does. Your opinion is only that: stupid.

Still wrestling with the difference between a fact, and an opinion?

Jake...you can cross the rubicon, and be one with the truth. It is a Zen kind of thing.

None of this shit would be an issue if Obama had not bombed Libya and started a gun running business and a 'Free Weapons Trade Zone' in Northern Africa..

Stupid is as stupid does. Your opinion is only that: stupid.

Still wrestling with the difference between a fact, and an opinion?

Jake...you can cross the rubicon, and be one with the truth. It is a Zen kind of thing.

Jake ain't gonna fuck with the rubicon....afraid she'd get her dress wet.

Obama fucked up the military gains in Iraq by pulling all US troops out to appease his kook fanbase here.

ISIS rolled into Iraq cutting off heads, raping little girls, killing "all" males 10 and older in cities they raid.....and yet liberal scum still don't want to admit the fucking mistake of leaving Iraq unprotected.....

Forum List

Back