Guess How Many Troops Obama Just Authorized 2B Deployed to Iraq?? Sound Familiar, LOL?

She was talking about major units, bear, and has been back tracking ever since, particularly since I posted General Austin's statement.

I am fully aware that anyone who has ever served in a dangerous area is in combat mode.

That is not what she meant.

That may be true Jake, but you are clearly trying to imply that there is some "combat unit" out there, when you know there isn't.

Shit 99% of the time SEALS aren't in combat. I mean that's just the way it is.

There are no American units prepared for combat operations in Iraq. EC failed that.

Oh bullshit.

Rangers/Delta/Seals have been engaged in combat in Iraq since early 2002.

Exactly.

He's so far out there it's impossible to have a discussion with him.

Heading to dream land myself....good luck stemming the river of lies, Bear. Although I do get a good belly laugh from Fakey now and again....

She was talking about major units, bear, and has been back tracking ever since, particularly since I posted General Austin's statement.

I am fully aware that anyone who has ever served in a dangerous area is in combat mode.

No crap about Antares: he was a wrestler and a Ranger and is 57 or 58. He is too young to have served in Vietnam, so that is why I asked him about the punji stick.

Haven't made anything up about you, because you have outed yourself over and over and over, EC.

But you have happily liked about me.

Show me the quote where I said major units, liar.

You can't. It's part of senility...you imagine things that aren't there. Poor idiot.

You keep saying special operators are admin sitting back in the GZ and I keep throwing the bullshit flag.

Sorry, my favorite beached whale.....I can only take so much of your form of entertainment. Bwhahahahhaha.

IN the meantime, I'll wait for you to dig up my quotes about major units.

That may be true Jake, but you are clearly trying to imply that there is some "combat unit" out there, when you know there isn't.

Your sentence is mixed up. I am saying no combat units as such, e.g. an Army or Marine infantry battalion, are deployed.

EC said "combat units" many times on the Board.

EC said "special operators" first and I never said "special operators are admin sitting back in the GZ".

EC is now squirming. :lol:

Your sentence is mixed up. I am saying no combat units as such, an Army or Marine infantry battalion, are deployed.

And show me where I said an infantry battalion is deployed.

You know you're lying through your teeth.

Nighty night old senile man. Do you know where your teeth are??

:alcoholic: Lay off the bottle, Fakey. :):ack-1:

EC said "combat units" many times on the Board.

EC said "special operators" first and I never said "special operators are admin sitting back in the GZ".

EC is now squirming. :lol:

So special operators are not in combat idiot????????/

You're the only one squirming .....and drool has hit the chair you're on dummy, LOL

EC, I did not say that. And to out your lie, you used "special operators" first in 183 and 202 above.

I own you in this thread, but that is nothing new.

You're too stupid for this thread, Fakey.

I know it.
You know it.

We all know it.

Just hang it up. You know you claimed they'red be no troops. I told you they'd come after the election.

BUSTED.

Nighty night old man.

Okay, I see what you're saying now, but infantry battalions aren't the only "combat units" there are.

You are just repeating the stupidity that Obama has tried to pull off in regards to troops. Look at two statements he made in one speech.

With the “situational awareness” provided by the advisers and with intelligence assets being increased in and around Iraq, Obama said, “we will be prepared to take targeted and precise military action if and when we determine that the situation on the ground requires it.”

precise military action IS combat Jake, you know that. And unless he had a mouse in his pocket , by we he meant the US.

then later in the same speech he said..

American combat troops are not going to be fighting in Iraq again

Those two statements are in direct conflict with each other Jake.

Either our troops are prepared to "take precise military action" or they "are not going to be fighting in Iraq again" both statements from Obama can't be true.

Okay, I see what you're saying now, but infantry battalions aren't the only "combat units" there are.

You are just repeating the stupidity that Obama has tried to pull off in regards to troops. Look at two statements he made in one speech.

With the “situational awareness” provided by the advisers and with intelligence assets being increased in and around Iraq, Obama said, “we will be prepared to take targeted and precise military action if and when we determine that the situation on the ground requires it.”

precise military action IS combat Jake, you know that. And unless he had a mouse in his pocket , by we he meant the US.

Either our troops are prepared to "take precise military action" or they "are not going to be fighting in Iraq again" both statements from Obama can't be true.

Call it "stupidity" all you want. I don't care at all. I do know you are not qualified to interpret the Pres's statements with any authority.

For all of our sakes, I hope the Iraqi and Kurdish formations, with our support, push ISIS further back in the next six to eight weeks.

Call it "stupidity" all you want. I don't care at all. I do know you are not qualified to interpret the Pres's statements with any authority.

For all of our sakes, I hope the Iraqi and Kurdish formations, with our support, push ISIS further back in the next six to eight weeks.

Oh, I'm QUITE qualified to say that when a man says " our troops are ready to kick some ass if need be" and then says " but US troops will never fight in Iraq again" that he is fucking lying through his teeth .

Jake, why are you incapable of admitting when someone "on your side" has lied?

Have you lost any integrity that you may have once had? It's pathetic Jake, be a man and admit when a lie is a lie.

Defense.gov News Article President Authorizes Additional Troops for Counter-ISIL Effort

President Authorizes Additional Troops for Counter-ISIL Effort
By Claudette Roulo
DoD News, Defense Media Activity

WASHINGTON, Nov. 7, 2014 – As part of the strategy to defeat terrorists from the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, President Barack Obama authorized Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel to deploy up to 1,500 additional troops to Iraq, the Pentagon press secretary announced today.

“U.S. Central Command will establish two expeditionary advise-and-assist operations centers in locations outside of Baghdad and Irbil to provide support for the Iraqis at the brigade headquarters level and above,” he said.

The admiral said about 630 of the newly authorized troops will be assigned to the expanded advise-and-assist mission. In addition, Centcom will establish several new training sites across Iraq that will accommodate the training of 12 Iraqi brigades -- nine from the Iraqi army and three Kurdish peshmerga brigades, Kirby said.

The remainder of the troops, about 870, will be assigned to this mission in various roles, including logistics and force protection, he added.

Several hundred coalition troops will join U.S. personnel at these locations to help build Iraqi capacity and capability, Kirby said. A number of coalition nations have agreed to contribute personnel to the training effort, he said, noting that Hagel met today with Danish Defense Minister Nicolai Wammen, and the Danes have agreed to provide 120 trainers.

The training will be funded through a request for a $1.6 billion fund that the administration will submit to Congress, as well as from the Iraqi government, the admiral said. It will take about two months to prepare the training sites, he noted, while the training itself is expected to be six to seven months in length.

It was this and the beheadings in Syria that finally made Obama act. These people tell their story..........and the mother who said her children were raped and asked to be killed.............when no one would kill them they jumped from the mountain...................

EC001 10127438
It's called mission creep..

Econ (Raqqa Rose) Chick could not wait to go derogatory against a succeeding US military mission in Iraq, Recent reports indicate that the IS Terrorists are suffering set backs in Iraq. There is no need for 'mission creep' from an advising role to combat role for additional troops being deployed to Iraq. Raqqa Rose would like people to swallow her propaganda that the additional US troops being sent to Iraq will be engaged combat role as some kind of 'deviation from the original mission. . That his not happened and will not need to happen.

The official rejected the notion that the additional troops reflected “mission creep,” saying the mission remains the same. “We are keeping the limiting factor on the mission,” the official said, referencing the no-combat provisions. “We are adding personnel to better carry out the mission.”

Iraq Troops Obama 1 500 President Authorizes Deployment

It will be necessary to set up a propaganda watch now that the IS terrorists have begun a retreat as they are taking losses specifically in Iraq. There are many here that owe the IS terrorists quite a bit for helping them win seats during the midterm elections.

Last edited:
We can send troops to iraq to protect their borders....but we need to leave ours wide open.

Right.....that makes perfect sense...

Funny that liberals don't have a problem opposing Obama when he makes these kind of blunders in Iraq,

but conservatives? The neocons who never wanted us to extricate ourselves in the first place, who wanted to stay there for 50 or 100 years (yes, remember all the Germany/Korea analogies?)

now that Obama is fucking up by doing what THEY think is right, they can't bring themselves to support it.

Dementia.

You're too stupid to understand the big differences between both Commanders in Chief. They couldn't be bigger.
Yep. One had a -R beside his name. That made everything A-OK. This guy has a -D. That means he is always wrong 100% of the time.

Nope the one with the D just has trouble listening to his Generals....the folks who ACTUALLY know what they are doing.

The one with the D (as he himself has made clear time and again) the HE is ALWAYS the best and smartest about EVERYTHING.

Bush was/is a fuck up but he listened to Military Advisors.

Bush did what he believed was the right thing to do and he did, as you stated, take the advice of the miltary experts. Obama thought he knew better, and it has turned into a first class clusterfuck.

It was Obama who understood the true situation in Iraq. If only Bush had listened

What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz and other armchair, weekend warriors in this administration to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne.

What I am opposed to is the attempt by political hacks like Karl Rove to distract us from a rise in the uninsured, a rise in the poverty rate, a drop in the median income — to distract us from corporate scandals and a stock market that has just gone through the worst month since the Great Depression. That's what I'm opposed to. A dumb war. A rash war. A war based not on reason but on passion, not on principle but on politics. Now let me be clear — I suffer no illusions about Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who butchers his own people to secure his own power. He has repeatedly defied UN resolutions, thwarted UN inspection teams, developed chemical and biological weapons, and coveted nuclear capacity. He's a bad guy. The world, and the Iraqi people, would be better off without him.

But I also know that Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States or to his neighbors, that the Iraqi economy is in shambles, that the Iraqi military a fraction of its former strength, and that in concert with the international community he can be contained until, in the way of all petty dictators, he falls away into the dustbin of history. I know that even a successful war against Iraq will require a U.S. occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences

Barack Obama October 2002

Forum List

Back