Zone1 I am prepared to call Protestantism a cult

None of the churches mentioned in the Bible are Catholic.
Hmmm. This would be denying that these churches were not open and welcoming to all, which was the hallmark of all early Christian churches. They were catholic...open and welcoming to all, and hence they became known as the Catholic Church. At Christ's instruction, these churches/congregations were started throughout the land.

My point is that Martin Luther was a Catholic priest who opposed the sale of indulgences--but...Martin Luther was not the only priest who opposed the sale of indulgences. In fact, the Church is on record, shortly before Martin Luther was born, and again about twenty years later, saying indulgences were not to be sold. In opposing Friar Tetzler's sale of indulgences (along with other priests who opposed this), Martin Luther was upholding Catholic Church teaching on indulgences.
obviously not for long. I think he was possessed. Check out the things he said (Facts About Luther).. Also, the dude's name was Tetzel

Luther is not only the Father of Protestantism
He is the Father of Liberalism

(some of us would say: What's the difference?)

Hmmm. This would be denying that these churches were not open and welcoming to all, which was the hallmark of all early Christian churches. They were catholic...open and welcoming to all, and hence they became known as the Catholic Church. At Christ's instruction, these churches/congregations were started throughout the land.
They had nothing to do with Catholicism. There was no such thing. Of course they were open and welcomed new members. They had no Pope, nor was Mary handing out rosaries and telling them to pray to her.

Do you believe that when Christ returns he will set up His Kingdom in Rome? At the Vatican? Will Christ become the last Pope you'll ever need?

They had nothing to do with Catholicism. There was no such thing. Of course they were open and welcomed new members. They had no Pope, nor was Mary handing out rosaries and telling them to pray to her.

Do you believe that when Christ returns he will set up His Kingdom in Rome? At the Vatican? Will Christ become the last Pope you'll ever need?
A follower of Joseph Smith, hmm.

The keys Christ passed on to Peter have been passed to the next keeper of the keys (i.e. Popes) until the King (Christ) returns. Why would Jesus take on a role as servant to himself? Also, for those not aware, scripture speaks of a Holy City, a New Jerusalem. This New Jerusalem is not necessarily a place, but the reality of Christ's rule over his people.

The keys Christ passed on to Peter have been passed to the next keeper of the keys (i.e. Popes) until the King (Christ) returns. Why would Jesus take on a role as servant to himself? Also, for those not aware, scripture speaks of a Holy City, a New Jerusalem. This New Jerusalem is not necessarily a place, but the reality of Christ's rule over his people.
Jesus, along with the resurrected saints, will land on the Mount of Olives. They will enter Jerusalem where they will rule for a THOUSAND YEARS.

You believe there is an unbroken chain from Christ to your Simon (Peter). But all of you Catholic plug your ears and refuse to look into the "Peter" you follow.

The Jerusalem Church of God REJECTED Simon Magus whom you unwittingly follow

Wrong on so many levels.
First, I am not a follower of Joseph Smith and never have been.
Secondly, if the New Jerusalem isn't the new Jerusalem, the Bible would have said so. It would have been called the New Rome, if you are correct. It absolutely means what it says. Furthermore, it is necessarily a place, and so we don't mistake it for some other place, scripture makes a point of telling us Jesus will place His Kingdom where His forefather David set up his. And when Christ returns, it will be to the Mount of Olives. In Israel.
Jesus was and is and will always be a Rabbi.

It would have been called the New Rome, if you are correct.
There is no such thing as a "New Rome". I don't know how you develop the deep fear that Jesus would return and rule from Rome. No one else thinks this. John speaks of a New Heaven and a New Earth, a New Holy City (New Jerusalem).

You believe there is an unbroken chain from Christ to your Simon (Peter). But all of you Catholic plug your ears and refuse to look into the "Peter" you follow.
By the way, because this is a discussion forum I ignore videos because I cannot have a discussion with a video. Apparently, you cannot even sum up your own accusation.

There is no such thing as a "New Rome". I don't know how you develop the deep fear that Jesus would return and rule from Rome. No one else thinks this. John speaks of a New Heaven and a New Earth, a New Holy City (New Jerusalem).
You see no fear in me. I know exactly where Christ is coming back to us, and the Vatican isn't it. I am fully confident in scripture. It is you who are trying to make Catholicism biblically relevant.

You believe the New Jerusalem is a literal brick and mortar city?

Forum List

Back