Zone1 I am prepared to call Protestantism a cult

Then if you are Catholic, why attack your sect in another thread? I am laughing as an Evangelical.
If you read all or even most of my posts, you would understand. But you don't even WANT to understand true Catholicism versus false

I am laughing as a Catholic..

I couldn't either. That was my point. You didn't make that comment there. You were good with that thread.
Bullshit. Your point was to accuse me of something I didn't do, and used a thread that I didn't even post in to try to prove it.
And now you have determined that any post that I don't post in means I obviously approve of the thread.
Truth is, I don't post much at all.
lol. Check the stats to your left to determine who has their nose in every thread.

Bullshit. Your point was to accuse me of something I didn't do, and used a thread that I didn't even post in to try to prove it.
And now you have determined that any post that I don't post in means I obviously approve of the thread.
Truth is, I don't post much at all.
lol. Check the stats to your left to determine who has their nose in every thread.
I see no difference between you and the OP. None at all. You know what you do.

Amen. If he was truly Catholic, he wouldn't call Catholicism a cult.
The problem with that word is that it's meaning has changed over time such that people associate it with Jim Jones type cults. Technically all religions are cults based upon the classical definition of cult.

Cult:
  1. a system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object.
  2. a relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister.
  3. a misplaced or excessive admiration for a particular person or thing.

He sees and treats people like he sees them. It's a pretty common human tendency.
You are not Catholic. Catholics believe in JESUS who taught us many things about charity and TRUTH. You can't stand the truth, from my best info.. you and all the Ignored ones probably didn't even watch that video. You don't care about truth. And with that, you're back on Ignore.

Last edited:
Point 4.25 is probably one of the most interesting parts of the video but it's all pretty interesting (unless you believe in osas, in which case you'll likely get massively ticked off.. )

Galatians 5:19

"Those who do such things will not inherit eternal life"

or is that the one that says If you want to get to Heaven, keep the commandments.

Well, both are in the Bible.. Remember, that's the book Protestants are supposed to believe in..

Those who do such things will inherit eternal life, if they repent. Here's a few:
Samson
Solomon
David
Mathew Mark Luke and John
Abraham
Adam
Paul
Peter
and any other human that repents and accepts Christ into their lives. We all fall short.
The commandments are Mosaic Law. We are under a better covenant. Love one another and you have fulfilled the Law.
This is also in the Bible:

Matthew 7:1- 3Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Stop going after people that Christ died to save...

Last edited:
So that's the line you are drawing? Everything else you do is ok?
There no line. What the hell is wrong with you? Are you just insisting on a fight?
I see no difference between you and the OP. None at all. You know what you do.
There are several differences. I condemn no one to hell, and I back every statement with scripture. If I read something here that is contrary to what scripture says, I post the scripture.
I love the Catholics that I am surrounded by, especially, the one sitting next to me, that I have been married to for years.

On the other hand, keep telling me that Peter started the first church in Rome, and I will continue to post the scripture that says otherwise.

On the other hand, keep telling me that Peter started the first church in Rome, and I will continue to post the scripture that says otherwise.
Who said Peter "started" the Church in Rome? Certainly there is the tradition he visited the church (Christian congregation) in Rome, but not that he was the one who hands on "started" it. To Peter Christ gave the keys of the church. In Biblical times when the head/ruler of a nation or estate went away, the keys/authority were handed to a servant to take charge, be the head authority until the return of the master. That was Peter's role, given to him by Christ. The first Church/Congregation was in Jerusalem and spread out from there.

Those who do such things will inherit eternal life, if they repent. Here's a few:
Samson
Solomon
David
Mathew Mark Luke and John
Abraham
Adam
Paul
Peter
a
All of them repented and never went back to their sin.

once saved always saved folks go back to their sin and stay there.

and expect to get to Heaven. Where's that in the Bible?

Here's what Jesus said

SIN
No
More

All of them repented and never went back to their sin.

once saved always saved folks go back to their sin and stay there.

and expect to get to Heaven. Where's that in the Bible?

Here's what Jesus said

SIN
No
More

lol. Hey! I'm supposed to be kittened!

And did she sin no more? How many times did David sin? That they never went back to sin is speculation on your part.

So, you think once saved always saved believers leave out repentance and just wallow in sin because they have a pass? They believe this:

John 10:28-30 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one.​

And that Christ paid for their sins. Repent and be saved.

When you accept Christ your name is written in the Book of Life. There is no asterisk that says pending on future behavior.
How many times did David sin? How many times did God forgive David?
The Jewish rule was you were only allowed 3 apologies asking for forgiveness. If Christ told humans to forgive each other as often as necessary, how much more will He forgive us, if we ask?

Matthew 18:21-35 Then Peter came to Him and asked, “Lord, how many times will my brother sin against me and I forgive him and let it go? Up to seven times?” Jesus answered him, “I say to you, not up to seven times, but seventy times seven.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back