Zone1 I am prepared to call Protestantism a cult

There is no such thing as a "New Rome". I don't know how you develop the deep fear that Jesus would return and rule from Rome. No one else thinks this. John speaks of a New Heaven and a New Earth, a New Holy City (New Jerusalem).
That occurs AFTER the Thousand Year Reign of Christ FROM JERUSALEM.

THAT occurs AFTER the earth is destroyed by the Lake of Fire.

Everything PHYSICAL will be burnt up. The earth will be made NEW by fire. It will be the home of God the Father and the resurrected saints.

The Father will make His home on the New Earth and not heaven

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God

I didn't know Catholics were literal like evangelicals.
The Catholic Church has never been a big fan of the Jew. They quietly embrace Replacement Theology. Some non-Catholic churches also feel that the Jews blew it so God (broke His promise to Abraham) and chose a church or a different group of people to give the blessings to instead.
I believe what the Bible says, especially if it doubles down on an issue.

Zech: 14-4 On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south.

No, I'm not Catholic. I grew up in a little town that was primarily Catholic, and I can honestly say that I love each one of my Catholic friends, and will forever. They are devout, they love the Lord, and live their lives for Christ. There is no reason for them to not be in Heaven. My husband and his 9 siblings are Catholic. My in-laws are some of the finest people I know. All Catholic.

Misery/forked decided to name me a Catholic hater. Just one more thing she's wrong about. I am evangelical. I believe we are called to spread the good news. And to use scripture to verify what I read or hear.

2Tim. 3: 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

Last edited:
The Catholic Church has never been a big fan of the Jew. They quietly embrace Replacement Theology. Some non-Catholic churches also feel that the Jews blew it so God (broke His promise to Abraham) and chose a church or a different group of people to give the blessings to instead.
I believe what the Bible says, especially if it doubles down on an issue.
Where do you come up with these things? For sixty years now, Catholic/Jewish relations have been revisited. And no, we do not "embrace Replacement Theology." The Catholic Church explicitly rejects Replacement Theology. The Old Covenant was never revoked.

Where do you come up with these things? For sixty years now, Catholic/Jewish relations have been revisited. And no, we do not "embrace Replacement Theology." The Catholic Church explicitly rejects Replacement Theology. The Old Covenant was never revoked.
How the Popes felt through history toward the Jews is no secret. Otherwise, there would be no need to revisit their relationship with the Jews a mere 60 years ago. It is because of their dislike of the Jews that they do embrace replacement theology.

It is correct that the old covenant was never revoked, if you are referring to the promises God and Abraham made together. And they never will be.

Forum List

Back