Guess How Many Troops Obama Just Authorized 2B Deployed to Iraq?? Sound Familiar, LOL?

W opened Pandora's Box and we have been over a decade trying to get it closed again. All so DICK and his followers could reap some tidy profits from a "war of choice."

What Obama tried to explain was that Iraq was no threat and if we broke it, it was ours
Bush did not listen.....Obama is paying the consequences
And what of Libya, Syria, Egypt, Ukraine,

Iraq.......5000 US dead
Libya.......0 dead
Syria........0 dead
Egypt.......0 dead
Ukraine.....0 dead

I like Obamas policy better

OK, Iraq = Liberated, and a dictator that was a huge menace to the middle east society at large is now gone. His son's who were also a terror are GONE. His idiot cabinet who would follow him straight into Hell like Hitlers followers did him are GONE.

OK, Libya = a dangerous place that got our ambassador there killed, along with others who couldn't get the help needed by this administration that had left these men behind.

OK, Syria = currently at war, hundreds of thousands dead, and no end in sight.

OK, Egypt = Tried it Obumblers way, but then had to arrest the Muslim brotherhood President and his ilk, even as Obumbler and is gang protested this action in which it had taken against the bru-tha hood.

OK, Ukraine = A notable demonstration that Obumbler has no influence on Russia, and on the stopping of Russia's actions in that country whether it be through negotiations or diplomatic efforts. His cozening up to Putin on the supposedly closed microphone makes him a laughing stock now and/or untrustworthy to us here in this nation all because of.

What part of 5000 Americans killed for no reason can't you comprehend?

There were ample reasons for invading Iraq. If you don't believe me, ask John Kerry and Hillary Clinton as well as a large number of other leading Democrats who voted for the authorization to do so. Their 'I was for it before I was against it' BS is not playing well with most people. Their positions and statements have been posted on USMB dozens of times and I won't waste time doing it again.

What Obama tried to explain was that Iraq was no threat and if we broke it, it was ours

Iraq.......5000 US dead
Libya.......0 dead
Syria........0 dead
Egypt.......0 dead
Ukraine.....0 dead

OK, Iraq = Liberated, and a dictator that was a huge menace to the middle east society at large is now gone. His son's who were also a terror are GONE. His idiot cabinet who would follow him straight into Hell like Hitlers followers did him are GONE.

OK, Libya = a dangerous place that got our ambassador there killed, along with others who couldn't get the help needed by this administration that had left these men behind.

OK, Egypt = Tried it Obumblers way, but then had to arrest the Muslim brotherhood President and his ilk, even as Obumbler and is gang protested this action in which it had taken against the bru-tha hood.

OK, Ukraine = A notable demonstration that Obumbler has no influence on Russia, and on the stopping of Russia's actions in that country whether it be through negotiations or diplomatic efforts. His cozening up to Putin on the supposedly closed microphone makes him a laughing stock now and/or untrustworthy to us here in this nation all because of.

What part of beagles post did you not get? Three Katyushas for you.
He lost me at trying to justify the Iraq blunder while trumping up conflicts in which we lost no lives

Iraq.......5000 US dead
Libya.......0 dead
Syria........0 dead
Egypt.......0 dead
Ukraine.....0 dead

There were ample reasons for invading Iraq. If you don't believe me, ask John Kerry and Hillary Clinton as well as a large number of other leading Democrats who voted for the authorization to do so. Their 'I was for it before I was against it' BS is not playing well with most people. Their positions and statements have been posted on USMB dozens of times and I won't waste time doing it again.

Why don't you ask Barack Obama?

What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz and other armchair, weekend warriors in this administration to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne.

What I am opposed to is the attempt by political hacks like Karl Rove to distract us from a rise in the uninsured, a rise in the poverty rate, a drop in the median income — to distract us from corporate scandals and a stock market that has just gone through the worst month since the Great Depression. That's what I'm opposed to. A dumb war. A rash war. A war based not on reason but on passion, not on principle but on politics. Now let me be clear — I suffer no illusions about Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who butchers his own people to secure his own power. He has repeatedly defied UN resolutions, thwarted UN inspection teams, developed chemical and biological weapons, and coveted nuclear capacity. He's a bad guy. The world, and the Iraqi people, would be better off without him.

But I also know that Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States or to his neighbors, that the Iraqi economy is in shambles, that the Iraqi military a fraction of its former strength, and that in concert with the international community he can be contained until, in the way of all petty dictators, he falls away into the dustbin of history. I know that even a successful war against Iraq will require a U.S. occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences

Barack Obama Oct 2 2002

Last edited:

Iraq.......5000 US dead
Libya.......0 dead
Syria........0 dead
Egypt.......0 dead
Ukraine.....0 dead

What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz and other armchair, weekend warriors in this administration to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne.

What I am opposed to is the attempt by political hacks like Karl Rove to distract us from a rise in the uninsured, a rise in the poverty rate, a drop in the median income — to distract us from corporate scandals and a stock market that has just gone through the worst month since the Great Depression. That's what I'm opposed to. A dumb war. A rash war. A war based not on reason but on passion, not on principle but on politics. Now let me be clear — I suffer no illusions about Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who butchers his own people to secure his own power. He has repeatedly defied UN resolutions, thwarted UN inspection teams, developed chemical and biological weapons, and coveted nuclear capacity. He's a bad guy. The world, and the Iraqi people, would be better off without him.

But I also know that Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States or to his neighbors, that the Iraqi economy is in shambles, that the Iraqi military a fraction of its former strength, and that in concert with the international community he can be contained until, in the way of all petty dictators, he falls away into the dustbin of history. I know that even a successful war against Iraq will require a U.S. occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences

Barack Obama Oct 2 2002

I am guessing that when he said this he was merely going to HOPE FOR CHANGE. LOL

"Now let me be clear — I suffer no illusions about Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who butchers his own people to secure his own power. He has repeatedly defied UN resolutions, thwarted UN inspection teams, developed chemical and biological weapons, and coveted nuclear capacity. He's a bad guy. The world, and the Iraqi people, would be better off without him."

Iraq.......5000 US dead
Libya.......0 dead
Syria........0 dead
Egypt.......0 dead
Ukraine.....0 dead

Barack Obama Oct 2 2002

I am guessing that when he said this he was merely going to HOPE FOR CHANGE. LOL

"Now let me be clear — I suffer no illusions about Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who butchers his own people to secure his own power. He has repeatedly defied UN resolutions, thwarted UN inspection teams, developed chemical and biological weapons, and coveted nuclear capacity. He's a bad guy. The world, and the Iraqi people, would be better off without him."

Why did you conveniently leave off the rest of his quote?
Deceptive on your part don't you think

Iraq.......5000 US dead
Libya.......0 dead
Syria........0 dead
Egypt.......0 dead
Ukraine.....0 dead

You can post your nonsense as often as you want. People based their support for the war in Iraq on misinformation at best and outright lies at worst. But that's only the first part. No one expected us to become an occupying force that would fight an insurgency war for a decade. We got suckered into that. No one expected Bush and company to be such horrible war leaders and tacticians. They turned victory into defeat and it had nothing to do with the war on the people who attacked us on 9/11. Instead of defeating al Qaeda they made them stronger.

Iraq.......5000 US dead
Libya.......0 dead
Syria........0 dead
Egypt.......0 dead
Ukraine.....0 dead

You can post your nonsense as often as you want. People based their support for the war in Iraq on misinformation at best and outright lies at worst. But that's only the first part. No one expected us to become an occupying force that would fight an insurgency war for a decade. We got suckered into that. No one expected Bush and company to be such horrible war leaders and tacticians. They turned victory into defeat and it had nothing to do with the war on the people who attacked us on 9/11. Instead of defeating al Qaeda they made them stronger.
You have a very selective perspective and sloppy logic. What victory did bush turn into defeat? That was your hero's doing.

Iraq.......5000 US dead
Libya.......0 dead
Syria........0 dead
Egypt.......0 dead
Ukraine.....0 dead

You have a very selective perspective and sloppy logic. What victory did bush turn into defeat? That was your hero's doing.
Let's start with Afghanistan where Bush abandoned the war on terror to engage in his blunder of an invasion of Iraq

Then let's move on to Iraq where Bush overstated the threat, underestimated the difficulty of the occupation and never contemplated that we would need to be there for decades to shore up his weak political coalition

How many Wars is Obama up to now? Lost track. And shame on Obamabots. Anti-War? Yeah right.

Iraq.......5000 US dead
Libya.......0 dead
Syria........0 dead
Egypt.......0 dead
Ukraine.....0 dead

The war against al Qaeda in Afghanistan was lost when we failed to follow them into Pakistan and instead decided to nation build.
Iraq was lost when after defeating the Iraqi military and capturing Saddam we failed to obtain a surrender with conditions and instead decided to nation build.

The war against al Qaeda in Afghanistan was lost when we failed to follow them into Pakistan and instead decided to nation build.
Iraq was lost when after defeating the Iraqi military and capturing Saddam we failed to obtain a surrender with conditions and instead decided to nation build.

You make some valid points. Pakistan has been the enemy all along. Yet our Government continues to force American Taxpayers to hand them $Billions. And Iraq could have been handled much differently. It was horrifically botched.

Let's start with Afghanistan where Bush abandoned the war on terror to engage in his blunder of an invasion of Iraq

Then let's move on to Iraq where Bush overstated the threat, underestimated the difficulty of the occupation and never contemplated that we would need to be there for decades to shore up his weak political coalition
You forgot to move on to the here and now....how conveeeeeeeenient.

What is convenient is how republicans forget the role they played in pushing us into war and what a blunder that decision was

What is convenient is how republicans forget the role they played in pushing us into war and what a blunder that decision was

Your Dear Leader didn't end any wars. He only started new ones. I know that's incredibly difficult for you Obamabots to face, but it is reality.

Obabbles unprecedented coalition will solve that problem. Where are they anyway?

Your Dear Leader didn't end any wars. He only started new ones. I know that's incredibly difficult for you Obamabots to face, but it is reality.
Which wars did we and Obama start?

Which wars did we and Obama start?

Obama has involved us in several military conflicts. He hasn't ended any.

It's called mission creep.

And Obama playing politics with foreign policy. Remember all those times you told me it wouldn't happen??????????????????????????

LMAO.

Just got the CNN alert below:

The White House announced Friday that President Barack Obama has authorized the deployment of up to 1,500 "additional U.S. military personnel in a non-combat role to train, advise, and assist Iraqi Security Forces, including Kurdish forces" against ISIS.

The deployment will bring the total number of U.S. troops there to about 2,900.

The White House said in a statement that it will also ask Congress for another $5.6 billion dollars to fund the fight against ISIS.

Get complete coverage of breaking news on CNN TV, CNN.com and CNN Mobile.
The US poulace is against troops in Iraq, now that the GOP is soon to be in power you can see why Oblama is following his cabinet's suggestion..

Forum List

Back