Guess what rich person paid an 18.4% tax rate last year?

The Obamas' falling tax rate - Steven Sloan and Kelsey Snell - POLITICO.com

President Barack Obama and his wife, Michelle, paid the lowest effective tax rate since they moved into the White House by taking advantage of the most popular — and expensive — benefits in the tax code.

Tax returns released by the White House on Friday show that the Obamas paid an effective tax rate of 18.4 percent on more than $608,000 in adjusted gross income earned in 2012. Last year, their rate was 20.5 percent.

They were able to lower the amount of income on which they were taxed by more than $258,000 by claiming several big-ticket deductions.

I'm shocked-- shocked, I tell you!-- to learn that Obama is a blatant hypocrite.

When was the last time YOU gave 25% of your income to charity?
From the Wall Street Journal, a rightwing mullet wrapper if there ever was one. This is why they paid only 18%. And remember, his wife isn't working and his mother-in-law is a dependent, too. HOw many legitimate dependents do you claim?

This past year, the Obamas gave $150,034—or about 24.6% of their adjusted gross income—to 33 different charities, according to the tax return.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2013/04/12/names-and-numbers-obamas-2012-charitable-giving/

Last edited:

President Barack Obama and his wife, Michelle, paid the lowest effective tax rate since they moved into the White House by taking advantage of the most popular — and expensive — benefits in the tax code.

Tax returns released by the White House on Friday show that the Obamas paid an effective tax rate of 18.4 percent on more than $608,000 in adjusted gross income earned in 2012. Last year, their rate was 20.5 percent.

They were able to lower the amount of income on which they were taxed by more than $258,000 by claiming several big-ticket deductions.

I'm shocked-- shocked, I tell you!-- to learn that Obama is a blatant hypocrite.

Why is Obama a hypocrite?

Why is Obama a hypocrite?

"fair share" "do your part"

He says the rich should be paying 30%, why didn't he kick in an additional 12%?

The oil and gas industries pay on average a 44% effective tax rate.

http://www.api.org/statistics/earnings/upload/earnings_perspective.pdf

And this jackass/off of a President intends to hit these industries with an additional $40+ billion tax bill.

Hell I pay almost 22% but according to Bam Bam and the sheep I should pay more.

Your effective federal income tax rate is 22%? That puts you in the 1%.

you left out the word "evil" its the evil 1% :eusa_angel:

Blind Trust, does that phrase mean anything to you? [how about you Redfish?]

See:

Just How Blind Are Blind Trusts, Anyway? : Planet Money : NPR

and,

Investigation: Mitt Romney?s Offshore Accounts, Tax Loopholes, and Mysterious I.R.A. | Vanity Fair

Maybe you need to be shocked. Though, I doubt you will read the links, for the shock of congnitive dissonance would likely cause you to think and that might be fatal.

Last edited:
"fair share" "do your part"

He says the rich should be paying 30%, why didn't he kick in an additional 12%?

lol. You're an idiot.

^^^typical response from a braindead obamabot. attack the messenger when your hero shows himself to be a fraud and a liar.

When did the President ever demand that the rich should voluntarily raise their own effective tax rate to 30%, regardless of the law calls for?

Blind Trust, does that phrase mean anything to you?

See:

and,

Investigation: Mitt Romney?s Offshore Accounts, Tax Loopholes, and Mysterious I.R.A. | Vanity Fair

Maybe you need to be shocked. Though, I doubt you will read the links, for the shock of congnitive dissonance would likely cause you to think and that might be fatal.

Neither Obama or Romney violated any provisions of the tax code. Thats not what this thread is about. You and I may not like some of the tax code, but it is what it is and both guys followed it.

this is about obama's hypocrisy calling for the rich to pay 30% while only paying 18%. If he really wanted to lead by example, he should have paid in an additional 12%. Then he might have some credibility.

lol. You're an idiot.

^^^typical response from a braindead obamabot. attack the messenger when your hero shows himself to be a fraud and a liar.

When did the President ever demand that the rich should voluntarily raise their own effective tax rate to 30%, regardless of the law calls for?

aren't you the guy that just posted some crap articles about how much Romney paid?

I was suggesting that if obama really wanted to set an example of "paying your fair share" he could have sent in more.

So, Obama should pay more than he is legally required to? The ODS is strong with this one.

Blind Trust, does that phrase mean anything to you?

See:

and,

Neither Obama or Romney violated any provisions of the tax code. Thats not what this thread is about. You and I may not like some of the tax code, but it is what it is and both guys followed it.

this is about obama's hypocrisy calling for the rich to pay 30% while only paying 18%. If he really wanted to lead by example, he should have paid in an additional 12%. Then he might have some credibility.

B L I N D T R U S T. Do you understand now?

If ALL the wealth of the so-called 1% were confiscated and applied to the national debt, the effect would be mathematically, negligible.

This entire "fair share" argument is nothing but Marx/Lenin/Alinsky inspired nonsense, based on envy, jealousy, hate and avarice by Democrats - including this President - toward people who are smarter and more astute financially than themselves.

So, Obama should pay more than he is legally required to? The ODS is strong with this one.

Nope, and neither should Romney or any other rich guy or corporation. Thats not the point.

If obama was really serious he could have led by example and sent in more. But he didn't. Thats the point.

Forum List

Back