Guess Who Has The Most Powerful Military Force In The World

Active Military...1,369,532

As of 2014 the army of the United States of America is one of the strongest armies in the world, if not the strongest – and that comes down to money. The yearly budget that the United States of America government has allocated to their army is more than six hundred and twelve BILLION dollars. Yes, you read that right: more than six hundred and twelve billion dollars. It is hard to match the global firepower of a country that spends that much on an army! This is probably because, despite not having a single battle on their own soil for tens if not hundreds of years, American troops are currently deployed in nearly one hundred and fifty countries.

Just curious......how would you feel if every time you went to do your grocery shopping there were troops there from a foreign country.....often armed. It seems that somewhere along the way Dwight D. Eisenhower's warning about a military/industrial complex got lost in the fray:

Number of soldiers doesn't equal power. Didn't you see "300?" :)

Seriously...we have eleven aircraft carriers. Nearly all of the other military countries don't have one. We don't just lead by a little.

So? Couldn't stomp Iraq or Afganistan with 11 carriers? Power you don't use doesn't lend itself to bragging rights. Performance in actual comflict is all that matters. US sucks of late. Simple as that. Theorectical power is top-tier, but real-world performance is a fucking joke.

Honestly US has the biggest stick by far but are very poor at playing the game especially the GOP.

Look at Iraq and Afghanistan they are a GOP mess packaged and given to Obama...

Iran is also a great example. What do America want with Iran...
What they should want is a friendly neighbour, one without nukes. The rest of the world went 'Hey Iran if want to do business you're going to need to drop the nukes' OR GOP 'Bomb Bomb....'

GOP is a clueless mess in international diplomacy. Obama played good cards up til Syria which was a Catch 22 mess..

If you call the cards Obama played in Libya, Yemen, the Ukraine, Iraq and Afghanistan good, someone needs to tell you that a pair of deuces seldom wins a hand.

Yeah...we should have copied the ignorant cowboy wannabe and invaded all of them. Bomb Bomb Bomb...Bomb Bomb Iran!!

Last edited:
...We took over Iraq and Afghanistan with no trouble...
The shades of 200+ American (and so-called 'Coalition') dead during the Invasion, and the 5000+ dead in the years after the initial victory, might disagree with you.

...Just didn't know what to do after...
True. It's what happens when you fail to construct an effective, realistic front-to-back (invasion-to-exit) strategy and then stick to it.

In the case of Iraq, it's what happens when you invade another country for no damned good reason and lie to your own people and the world about the causes.

In the case of Afghanistan, it's what happens when you force-out the Bad Guys, fail to capture the Head Bad Guy let him escape to another kindred country next-door, then hang around, for years, afterwards, for no good reason, and to no useful purpose, in a region of formidable and tortuous terrain that historically swallows and buries invaders.

In the case of Iraq, Bush got the US Congress including Senators Clinton and Kerry to authorize the act as well as the right to enforce the UN Resolution that verified material breach of the cease fire that was in place.
The fact that OBL escaped to Pakistan could not be blamed on Bush, but the special ops teams he was responsible for finally located and eliminated the SOB.
You really need to pull you head out of Obama's ass and find out what is real and what is make believe.

Number of soldiers doesn't equal power. Didn't you see "300?" :)

Seriously...we have eleven aircraft carriers. Nearly all of the other military countries don't have one. We don't just lead by a little.

So? Couldn't stomp Iraq or Afganistan with 11 carriers? Power you don't use doesn't lend itself to bragging rights. Performance in actual comflict is all that matters. US sucks of late. Simple as that. Theorectical power is top-tier, but real-world performance is a fucking joke.

Honestly US has the biggest stick by far but are very poor at playing the game especially the GOP.

Look at Iraq and Afghanistan they are a GOP mess packaged and given to Obama...

Iran is also a great example. What do America want with Iran...
What they should want is a friendly neighbour, one without nukes. The rest of the world went 'Hey Iran if want to do business you're going to need to drop the nukes' OR GOP 'Bomb Bomb....'

GOP is a clueless mess in international diplomacy. Obama played good cards up til Syria which was a Catch 22 mess..

If you call the cards Obama played in Libya, Yemen, the Ukraine, Iraq and Afghanistan good, someone needs to tell you that a pair of deuces seldom wins a hand.

Yeah...we should have copied the ignorant cowboy wannabe and invaded all of them. Bom Bom Bom...Bom Bom Iran!!

Bush would have the Congress approve any invasion before he would launch it. Just like he did with Iraq and Afghanistan.

Truth be known this nation in all probability spends far more than other nations in providing for the families of our military. This cost a whole lot of money.
That's why many junior soldiers' families need food stamps.

When I was in the service a junior soldier had to get the CO's permission to get married and it was seldom given to anyone in the lower three ranks. Too bad that isn't still the policy.

In 1957,58 when I was stationed at Ft. Bliss Texas, El Paso I had to get approval from my company commander to bring my personal car on base. I never did figure that shit out. Anyway...I dotted the I's, crossed the T's and had it with me down there.

Truth be known this nation in all probability spends far more than other nations in providing for the families of our military. This cost a whole lot of money.
That's why many junior soldiers' families need food stamps.

When I was in the service a junior soldier had to get the CO's permission to get married and it was seldom given to anyone in the lower three ranks. Too bad that isn't still the policy.

In 1957,58 when I was stationed at Ft. Bliss Texas, El Paso I had to get approval from my company commander to bring my personal car on base. I never did figure that shit out. Anyway...I dotted the I's, crossed the T's and had it with me down there.

Everyone has to get permission to get a base sticker. I suspect the primary reason was to make sure you had auto insurance.

The shades of 200+ American (and so-called 'Coalition') dead during the Invasion, and the 5000+ dead in the years after the initial victory, might disagree with you.

True. It's what happens when you fail to construct an effective, realistic front-to-back (invasion-to-exit) strategy and then stick to it.

In the case of Iraq, it's what happens when you invade another country for no damned good reason and lie to your own people and the world about the causes.

In the case of Afghanistan, it's what happens when you force-out the Bad Guys, fail to capture the Head Bad Guy let him escape to another kindred country next-door, then hang around, for years, afterwards, for no good reason, and to no useful purpose, in a region of formidable and tortuous terrain that historically swallows and buries invaders.

In the case of Iraq, Bush got the US Congress including Senators Clinton and Kerry to authorize the act as well as the right to enforce the UN Resolution that verified material breach of the cease fire that was in place.
The fact that OBL escaped to Pakistan could not be blamed on Bush, but the special ops teams he was responsible for finally located and eliminated the SOB.
You really need to pull you head out of Obama's ass and find out what is real and what is make believe.

You might be make believe because you surely, most certainly aren't real....nobody is that goddam stupid:

You might be make believe because you surely, most certainly aren't real....nobody is that goddam stupid:

Tell me one thing that I posted that is not true or STFU.

Tell me one thing that I posted that is not true or STFU.

All of it.....the video I just showed proved that Bush didn't even want to catch Bin Laden. Why Would He? The oil baron Bin Laden family actually attended picnics at the Bush ranch in Crawford...along with others:

bush-holds-hands-11-9-10.png

true, but Putin is taking out ISIS while obozo sits in a golf cart with his thumb up his ass.

Putin thinks he is taking out ISIS

Maintaining a peace in that shithole is the hard part....ask Bush

Putin has done more in two weeks than obozo did in two years. But you are correct about maintaining peace in that shithole.
Obama has been plunking off terrorists for seven years. Obama got bin Laden

Putin has been in the game for two weeks.....Guess who republicans worship?

Intel gathered during the Bush admin got OBL, obozo just reluctantly gave the go ahead for the hit.

as to ISIS, it did not exist until obama pulled out of Iraq and declared defeat.

Bush had seven years and his Intel got us into Iraq

As to ISIS, it never existed until the Bush doctrine upset the balance of power in the region

Look dude, the Iraq war was a mistake. But Bush did not do it on his own. Both parties voted to authrorize and fund that fiasco, including senator hillary clinton. And every one of them had the exact same flawed intel that Bush had.

But Bush is history, today's reality is the mess that obama has created both domestically and internationally.

Put your revisionist history where it belongs---------up your ass. concentrate on today, or would you like to go back and call Truman a war monger and murderer for killing millions of innocent japanese?

Last edited:
Do you ever read the news? Check the dateline on this piece:
Bush Administration Adds $4 Trillion To National Debt
"With no fanfare and little notice, the national debt has grown by more than $4 trillion during George W. Bush's presidency.
You must then absolutely hate The Obama.

Obama has borrowed over two trillion dollars just to pay interest on the Reagan/Bushes debt. After he cooled down two Bush wars...one which was totally unnecessary he has spent less than any of them:

MW-AR658_spendi_20120521163312_ME11.jpg

debt and annual deficit are two completely different things. the debt was 10T when obama took office, it will be over 20T when he leaves. He will have added more than all previous presidents combined.

You are full of shit. There wouldn't even be a debt if George Bush had continued with the surplus Bill Clinton left but Oh No.....he had to force through a couple of tax cuts for his rich oil buddies. One thing has been true about the Republican party beginning with Reagan. They cut taxes but never cut their spending a goodam dime. Just curious....do you run your personal affairs that way? Get one credit card paid off and run and add two new ones?

One More Thing....over two trillion of the money Obama has added to the debt went to pay interest on the Reagan/Bushes debt which he assumed.

..........................Total U S Debt...........................

09/30/2014 $17,824,071,380,733.82
09/30/2013 $16,738,183,526,697.32
09/30/2012 $16,066,241,407,385.89
09/30/2011 $14,790,340,328,557.15
09/30/2010 $13,561,623,030,891.79
09/30/2009 $11,909,829,003,511.75(80% Of All Debt Across 232 Years Borrowed By Reagan And Bushes)
09/30/2008 $10,024,724,896,912.49(Times Square Debt Clock Modified To Accommodate Tens of Trillions)
09/30/2007 $9,007,653,372,262.48
09/30/2006 $8,506,973,899,215.23
09/30/2005 $7,932,709,661,723.50
09/30/2004 $7,379,052,696,330.32
09/30/2003 $6,783,231,062,743.62(Second Bush Tax Cuts Enacted Using Reconciliation)
09/30/2002 $6,228,235,965,597.16
09/30/2001 $5,807,463,412,200.06(First Bush Tax Cuts Enacted Using Reconciliation)
09/30/2000 $5,674,178,209,886.86(Administration And Congress Arguing About How To Use Surplus)
09/30/1999 $5,656,270,901,615.43(First Surplus Generated...On Track To Pay Off Debt By 2012)
09/30/1998 $5,526,193,008,897.62
09/30/1997 $5,413,146,011,397.34
09/30/1996 $5,224,810,939,135.73
09/29/1995 $4,973,982,900,709.39
09/30/1994 $4,692,749,910,013.32
09/30/1993 $4,411,488,883,139.38 ( Debt Quadrupled By Reagan/Bush41)
09/30/1992 $4,064,620,655,521.66
09/30/1991 $3,665,303,351,697.03
09/28/1990 $3,233,313,451,777.25
09/29/1989 $2,857,430,960,187.32
09/30/1988 $2,602,337,712,041.16
09/30/1987 $2,350,276,890,953.00
09/30/1986 $2,125,302,616,658.42
09/30/1985 $1,823,103,000,000.00
09/30/1984 $1,572,266,000,000.00
09/30/1983 $1,377,210,000,000.00
09/30/1982 $1,142,034,000,000.00(Total Debt Passes $1 Trillion)(Reagan Slashed Tax Rates To Pre Depression Levels)
09/30/1981 $997,855,000,000.00

Yes, I get it. Bush is responsible for every negative happening in the history of the world including the great dust bowl of the 1930s, and obama is not responsible for anything that has happened during the last 7 years. I understand, now crawl back under your rock.

Putin thinks he is taking out ISIS

Maintaining a peace in that shithole is the hard part....ask Bush

Putin has done more in two weeks than obozo did in two years. But you are correct about maintaining peace in that shithole.

Intel gathered during the Bush admin got OBL, obozo just reluctantly gave the go ahead for the hit.

as to ISIS, it did not exist until obama pulled out of Iraq and declared defeat.

As to ISIS, it never existed until the Bush doctrine upset the balance of power in the region

Look dude, the Iraq war was a mistake. But Bush did not do it on his own. Both parties voted to authrorize and fund that fiasco, including senator hillary clinton. And every one of them had the exact same flawed intel that Bush had.

But Bush is history, today's reality is the mess that obama has created both domestically and internationally.

Put your revisionist history where it belongs---------up your ass. concentrate on today, or would you like to go back and call Truman a war monger and murderer for killing millions of innocent japanese?

If Bush was lying about it, so were both clintons, gore, kerry, the UN, the UK, the EU, Saudi Arabia, Isreal, Russia, Spain, Japan, Germany, Italy, France, et al.

They all had the same intel and came to the same (albeit erroneous) conclusions.

Or, are you saying that Bush was so brilliant and such a good orator that he tricked the entire world?

the US is not #1 in military spending as a percentage of GDP, NOT #2, OR #3. TRY 14TH

so much for your charts and graphs idiot

What does our GDP have to do with the potential threat against our country?

We spend 42 cents of every military dollar to defend a country that hasn't been invaded in 200 years

If Bush was lying about it, so were both clintons, gore, kerry, the UN, the UK, the EU, Saudi Arabia, Isreal, Russia, Spain, Japan, Germany, Italy, France, et al.

They all had the same intel and came to the same (albeit erroneous) conclusions.

Or, are you saying that Bush was so brilliant and such a good orator that he tricked the entire world?

that is true

but to the committed only bush matters

the US is not #1 in military spending as a percentage of GDP, NOT #2, OR #3. TRY 14TH

We spend 42 cents of every military dollar to defend a country that hasn't been invaded in 200 years

Hmmm, soooooooooooooo, 9/11/2001 was 200 years ago?

Hmmm, soooooooooooooo, 9/11/2001 was 200 years ago?

we are currently under invasion with illegal immigration

Forum List

Back