Gun Background Checks Pass in Washington

They won't be able to do it legally in the state of Washington anymore.

And that is why you are a moron. OUT-LAWS never did withIN the LAW to begin with, and the crazies don't' care how they do it.

OUT-LAWS operate OUTside the LAW.

Gj beleaguering the law abiding.

When the loophole that allows for criminals to buy guns is closed, less criminals will be able to get guns.

There is no way anyone can legally sell a gun in Washington without doing the background check thanks to this law. If a criminal goes to a friend or private sale without a background check, both the buyer and seller have broken the law. Which will decrease the number of guns sold to criminals.

Do I expect it to stop all gun sales to criminals? No. I'm not stupid. However it will decrease the number of sales and those who sell to a criminal will also go to jail.

Time will tell but statistics shows that gun crime will decrease by about 30%. Which means some won't die. Which is the point of the law.

This is so fucking naive its comical and sad.

Yeah they only stab each other instead.

and less people die.

As you must know, 2nd, the US has a total homicide rate between 4x and 10x that of most other major, western economies.

Reduce the number of guns = reduce the number of murders. It really is as simple as that.

Again, then work to repeal the 2nd amendment. Until then FUCK OFF.

There is nothing in the constitution that says guns can't be regulated. In fact there's the commerce clause and the second amendment that says that guns can be regulated.

The second amendment doesn't need to be repealed.

Regulation does not mean make it harder for law abiding people to get firearms if they so choose. THAT is infringement, and THAT is unconstitutional.

Lying liberal scum mostly invaders from freakville California passed a gun control bill in my state of Washington. They took over and ruined Oregon and now they are working on Washington.

I was born and raised in Seattle. I've lived here for 54 years. Yes there are transplants here but there's also a lot of natives like me. Not all of the transplants are from California. My husband is from Ohio. He voted for the law too.

You need to realize that people are sick and tired of the wrong people being able to buy guns legally.

The laws are already on the books that prevent certain people from buying guns. All this law does is help make sure that those people can't buy a gun. It's just making sure that the law that keeps them from owning a gun is enforced.

I will add, that your I 951 LOST! By a ten point margin. So the people of our state don't want all the gun safety laws repealed and we don't want to make it illegal to pass more gun safety laws.

You're in the minority on this issue.

They won't be able to do it legally in the state of Washington anymore.

And that is why you are a moron. OUT-LAWS never did withIN the LAW to begin with, and the crazies don't' care how they do it.

OUT-LAWS operate OUTside the LAW.

Gj beleaguering the law abiding.

When the loophole that allows for criminals to buy guns is closed, less criminals will be able to get guns.

There is no way anyone can legally sell a gun in Washington without doing the background check thanks to this law. If a criminal goes to a friend or private sale without a background check, both the buyer and seller have broken the law. Which will decrease the number of guns sold to criminals.

Do I expect it to stop all gun sales to criminals? No. I'm not stupid. However it will decrease the number of sales and those who sell to a criminal will also go to jail.

Time will tell but statistics shows that gun crime will decrease by about 30%. Which means some won't die. Which is the point of the law.

This is so fucking naive its comical and sad.

Amazing.

Like, why do they think we call the criminals, because they respect and obey the law?

All gun sales in the state of Washington will now have to go through a background check. It passed with 60% majority. I voted with the majority.

So now it will be harder for criminals, those with mental problems and domestic abusers to get a gun. They won't be able to do it legally in the state of Washington anymore.

Interesting, when it's put to the vote of the people, background checks passes. Clearly the people of our nation want all gun sales to go through a background check. Too bad that the nra can buy gop politicians to prevent the same law at the federal level.

Lives will be saved in Washington because of this law.

Voters approve expanded gun background checks in Washington state - Local - MyNorthwest.com

This is a stupid law. Why should someone need to pass a background check to purchase a gun? Damn liberals are just trying to keep honest Americans from buying guns.

Because we have laws that say certain people shouldn't own guns.

This law just helps makes sure that they don't.

All gun sales in the state of Washington will now have to go through a background check. It passed with 60% majority. I voted with the majority.

So now it will be harder for criminals, those with mental problems and domestic abusers to get a gun. They won't be able to do it legally in the state of Washington anymore.

Interesting, when it's put to the vote of the people, background checks passes. Clearly the people of our nation want all gun sales to go through a background check. Too bad that the nra can buy gop politicians to prevent the same law at the federal level.

Voters approve expanded gun background checks in Washington state - Local - MyNorthwest.com

They have the same laws in California and they don't seem to have had the slightest effect on preventing criminal behavior. Probably because criminals are...well criminals.

So you think background checks on criminals is worthless because criminals will get them illegally anyway? Do you also think we shouldn't have speed limites because speeders will speed anyway. Do you also think we shouldn't have laws on murder because people might kill anyway?

You are a Nihilist

Criminals don't get their guns through normal channels is the point. As I said California has had those laws in place for well over a decade and the violent crime rate continues to increase. The one thing that DID drop crime rates was incarcerating a ton of gangbangers. That worked. These laws don't do anything but inconvenience the law abiding.

You are right about street thugs not getting their guns through normal channels, but the guy who is a mental case usually just goes to a gun show to buy his guns before killing those who pissed him off a day or two before.

They can't do that legally here anymore. They will have to pass that background check at the gun show to get that gun. That loophole has been closed.

This is a stupid law. Why should someone need to pass a background check to purchase a gun? Damn liberals are just trying to keep honest Americans from buying guns.

In reality, it doesn't. Its feel good crap that emboldens you assholes to further restrict 2nd amendment rights.

They have the same laws in California and they don't seem to have had the slightest effect on preventing criminal behavior. Probably because criminals are...well criminals.

So you think background checks on criminals is worthless because criminals will get them illegally anyway? Do you also think we shouldn't have speed limites because speeders will speed anyway. Do you also think we shouldn't have laws on murder because people might kill anyway?

You are a Nihilist

Criminals don't get their guns through normal channels is the point. As I said California has had those laws in place for well over a decade and the violent crime rate continues to increase. The one thing that DID drop crime rates was incarcerating a ton of gangbangers. That worked. These laws don't do anything but inconvenience the law abiding.

You are right about street thugs not getting their guns through normal channels, but the guy who is a mental case usually just goes to a gun show to buy his guns before killing those who pissed him off a day or two before.

They can't do that legally here anymore. They will have to pass that background check at the gun show to get that gun. That loophole has been closed.

They couldn't legally do it before either. Are you not getting it?

What I don't like is the data base is kept by the Dept. of Licensing. And once you have a list of who owns what the next easy step is registration. This is a windfall for FFL dealers as it all has to go through them, taxes to be collected and handed over to the state. If the law was just about a background check it would not be written this way, but we know what the true objective of Bloomberg really is.

This is why the initiative process is a bad idea, too many people voting for shit they don't understand. That's why we are a republic, not a democracy.

It won't stop the criminals and the mentally ill from getting guns because they get them illegally.

We already have Brady background checks for all FFL dealers.

We already have law with severe penalties for those who engage in multiple firearms sales without an FFL.

We have laws making it a felony to lie on the form for purchasing a gun from a dealer.

Time to enforce what we have.

We didn't have a law that requires a background check on all gun sales. The federal law has a loophole in it big enough to drive a Mac truck through. When the loopholes are closed, less guns are sold to those who shouldn't have them.

Which means less people will be hurt or die.

We have laws that prohibit certain people from having guns. We didn't have a law to make sure that certain people don't have guns. This law will go a long way in helping to ensure those certain people don't get guns.

If you're a criminal, have mental problems or beat up your mate, you can't have a gun and in Washington we're doing all we can to make sure those people don't get guns.

We already have Brady background checks for all FFL dealers.

We already have law with severe penalties for those who engage in multiple firearms sales without an FFL.

We have laws making it a felony to lie on the form for purchasing a gun from a dealer.

Time to enforce what we have.

We didn't have a law that requires a background check on all gun sales. The federal law has a loophole in it big enough to drive a Mac truck through. When the loopholes are closed, less guns are sold to those who shouldn't have them.

Which means less people will be hurt or die.

We have laws that prohibit certain people from having guns. We didn't have a law to make sure that certain people don't have guns. This law will go a long way in helping to ensure those certain people don't get guns.

If you're a criminal, have mental problems or beat up your mate, you can't have a gun and in Washington we're doing all we can to make sure those people don't get guns.

They will still be able to get guns. This law will not stop them.

and less people die.

As you must know, 2nd, the US has a total homicide rate between 4x and 10x that of most other major, western economies.

Reduce the number of guns = reduce the number of murders. It really is as simple as that.

There is nothing in the constitution that says guns can't be regulated. In fact there's the commerce clause and the second amendment that says that guns can be regulated.

Regulation does not mean make it harder for law abiding people to get firearms if they so choose. THAT is infringement, and THAT is unconstitutional.

What's so hard about going through a background check?

If you're a law abiding citizen you shouldn't have any problem with it.

You are a Nihilist

That is correct. People like you sell the guns to them.

No, people like me work to keep those people in prison where they belong. You, on the other hand work to free them so they can "have another chance". How many chances do you give them olfraud, till you figure it out? Bad people are bad. They don't change.

Lying liberal scum mostly invaders from freakville California passed a gun control bill in my state of Washington. They took over and ruined Oregon and now they are working on Washington.

I was born and raised in Seattle. I've lived here for 54 years. Yes there are transplants here but there's also a lot of natives like me. Not all of the transplants are from California. My husband is from Ohio. He voted for the law too.

You need to realize that people are sick and tired of the wrong people being able to buy guns legally.

The laws are already on the books that prevent certain people from buying guns. All this law does is help make sure that those people can't buy a gun. It's just making sure that the law that keeps them from owning a gun is enforced.

I will add, that your I 951 LOST! By a ten point margin. So the people of our state don't want all the gun safety laws repealed and we don't want to make it illegal to pass more gun safety laws.

You're in the minority on this issue.

I'm sick and tired of dumb asses like you voting on measures when you don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Newsflash the "wrong" people are already not allowed to buy guns legally good grief.

This measure and others like it purpose is to infringe on our 2nd amendment rights by making gun ownership unattractive. They accomplish this via confusing laws so vague as to make even owning a gun legally risky. They can't come right out and take away our 2nd amendment rights so they do the next best thing, make it so that nobody wants to risk owning a gun. I have lived in east coast states where this has been implemented.

No, they don't. If you really wanted to stop violent crime you would lock the violent criminals up and throw away the key. The facts are that 80 percent of all violent crime is committed by 8% of the criminal population. You want to stop crime? Lock them up.

and less people die.

I don't mind them at all. And in fact, I support a background check on the PERSON. The problem is the people pushing this crap always include gun registration along with the background check. It is no business of the government to know who has what.

You are a Nihilist

Crime Data State of California - Department of Justice - Kamala D. Harris Attorney General

as of 2012.....but the increase really isnt that much..keep trying

and less people die.

Its just the first step you assholes take in restricting. I live in NY, I know all about infringement of my 2nd amendment rights.

Forum List

Back