Gun Confiscations by Governments in History

Technically it's not. In this day and age gun laws are enacted not to protect the government but to protect it's citizens.

Are you suggesting the Nazis confiscated firearms from the Jews to protect the Jews ... :dunno:

No, I'm suggesting that gun laws today that are enforced fairly and without bigotry by liberal democracies do so to protect their citizens and not to protect government. I don't know why you guys have this fetish with Nazis and gun control and ignore how every other modern democratic country handles guns.

I'm more interested in looking at what Germany is doing today rather than 1938. Did you want to rehash Russia circa 1917 next? Because that also has nothing to do with our current predicament.

When was last school shooting in the U.K.?

Don't know when the "last one" was ... But the deadliest one was in 1996.
16 dead children and one dead teacher ... With handguns ... The laws didn't stop that one either.

Of course they did outlaw private handgun ownership in Great Britain after that one.

Don't know when the "last one" was ... But the deadliest one was in 1996.
16 dead children and one dead teacher ... With handguns ... The laws didn't stop that one either.

Of course they did outlaw private handgun ownership in Great Britain after that one.

That is a Really long time ago. Wish we could say our last one was that long ago.

No, I'm suggesting that gun laws today that are enforced fairly and without bigotry by liberal democracies do so to protect their citizens and not to protect government. I don't know why you guys have this fetish with Nazis and gun control and ignore how every other modern democratic country handles guns.

I'm more interested in looking at what Germany is doing today rather than 1938. Did you want to rehash Russia circa 1917 next? Because that also has nothing to do with our current predicament.

I am saying that what you are saying mimics the same bullshit other people said years ago ... :thup:

That is a Really long time ago. Wish we could say our last one was that long ago.

That's not the "last" one ... That's the "deadliest" one ... Do your own research if you care to know what you are talking about ... :thup:

Cambodia prior to 1974

Germany 1938

Russia 1917

China 1947

Anyone know what occurred in those nations after those years?

Ah clinging to that bull while our children die.
Obama requiring troubled kids to not get reported then the failures by the FBI and Sheriff when he finally got reported then the deputies sitting outside while kids were being murdered and your solution is gun confiscation.
Dumbass. How many school shootings in Honduras? Czech?

Crawl out of your apartment and travel. There are different cultures out there.

How is it that kids used to take guns to school 50 years ago?

Cambodia prior to 1974

Germany 1938

Russia 1917

China 1947

Anyone know what occurred in those nations after those years?

Ah clinging to that bull while our children die.
Obama requiring troubled kids to not get reported then the failures by the FBI and Sheriff when he finally got reported then the deputies sitting outside while kids were being murdered and your solution is gun confiscation.
Dumbass. How many school shootings in Honduras? Czech?

Crawl out of your apartment and travel. There are different cultures out there.

How is it that kids used to take guns to school 50 years ago?
You tell me. We seem to be the only one who has the regularly.

They didn’t bring mass killing guns to school 50 years ago.

No matter how much you attempt to argue to the contrary ...
A government disarming its citizens removes the citizen's ability to keep their government in check by means of force.

If you want to suggest we should relinquish whatever rights we have to defend ourselves and become more docile subjects ...
I suggest you look somewhere other than America ... Because I am really not interested in entertaining your foolishness.

A government disarming its citizens removes the citizen's ability to keep their government in check by means of force.

If you want to suggest we should relinquish whatever rights we have to defend ourselves and become more docile subjects ...
I suggest you look somewhere other than America ... Because I am really not interested in entertaining your foolishness.

Seems like plenty of countries with few guns are doing just fine. Their children aren’t regularly gunned down either.

Seems like plenty of countries with few guns are doing just fine. Their children aren’t regularly gunned down either.
The Justice Department under Barack Obama directed the FBI to drop more than 500,000 names of fugitives with outstanding arrest warrants from the National Instant Criminal Background Check System.

So how does this help kids being gunned down?

MAYBE. BUT SURE AS HELL, THEY DON'T WANT YOU.

I get along fine wherever I go ... Mainly because I don't make a habit of telling people who don't work for me what to do ... :thup:
They've never asked me to leave and are often quite hospitable.

Oh, sweetheart, the citizen's lost that ability a long time ago.

Actually, I've only talked about gun control, I didn't say take the guns away. I'm talking about background checks and not letting crazy people have them.

Actually, I've only talked about gun control, I didn't say take the guns away. I'm talking about background checks and not letting crazy people have them.

The topic of the thread is gun confiscation ... And I don't give a damn what you think about background checks ... :thup:

Forum List

Back