Gun Confiscations by Governments in History

Actually, I've only talked about gun control, I didn't say take the guns away. I'm talking about background checks and not letting crazy people have them.

The topic of the thread is gun confiscation ... And I don't give a damn what you think about background checks ... :thup:

And? The discussion of this thread has expanded beyond the thread title. So, what are ya' going to do?

And? The discussion of this thread has expanded beyond the thread title. So, what are ya' going to do?

Give my opinion where it applies ... And comment to matters worthy of discussion where it doesn't.
Hope that clears things up for you ... If it doesn't, that's your problem ... :thup:

Cambodia prior to 1974

Germany 1938

Russia 1917

China 1947

Anyone know what occurred in those nations after those years?

What about all of Europe today?

10 countries with the most guns per capita:
  • USA - 112.6 guns per 100 residents.
  • Serbia - 75.6.
  • Yemen - 54.8.
  • Switzerland - 45.7.
  • Cyprus - 36.4.
  • Saudi Arabia - 35.
  • Iraq - 34.2.
  • Uruguay - 31.8.
Switzerland is nice, though they still have more gun laws than we do. Ever vacation in Yemen?
The us needs to be better armed

Cambodia prior to 1974

Germany 1938

Russia 1917

China 1947

• Serbia - 75.6.
  • Yemen - 54.8.
  • Switzerland - 45.7.
  • Cyprus - 36.4.
  • Saudi Arabia - 35.
  • Iraq - 34.2.
  • Uruguay - 31.8.
Switzerland is nice, though they still have more gun laws than we do. Ever vacation in Yemen?

That's a sound argument, :10:

Cambodia prior to 1974

Germany 1938

Russia 1917

China 1947

• Serbia - 75.6.
  • Yemen - 54.8.
  • Switzerland - 45.7.
  • Cyprus - 36.4.
  • Saudi Arabia - 35.
  • Iraq - 34.2.
  • Uruguay - 31.8.

As I have said to other posters you have the right not to own one, but please do not infringe on my right because of your fear...

Here's a thought, respond to my actual post.

I did about more gun laws in Switzerland.

Gun laws are as useful as drunk driving laws... Sure they are great to punish after the fact but criminals never obey them.

Also the shooting in Florida could have been prevented with the laws already on the books but the failure from the FBI down to the local authorities caused those deaths.

Now I know you believe more gun laws will work and make you safer in life but the reality they don't.

As I stated just in this response there are laws already, so the FBI and local authorities can not protect you.

So as you point out how America is a shit hole country because of it gun laws the fact remains it is my constitutional right to bear arms and in the end nothing you do will change that.

America was never created to be like Europe and it should never start acting like Europe either...

Still haven't responded to the point of my post, but I don't blame you.

America was never created to be like Europe? What does that even mean?

Gun laws do work, the background check system needs to be improved so that mental health officials can directly have access to them. Teenagers should not be allowed to purchase AR15s, those two things right there could have had an impact in Florida.

But, the point of my post was about countries with gun control laws do not equate to Nazi Germany.
Slippery slope

Cambodia prior to 1974

Germany 1938

Russia 1917

China 1947

• Serbia - 75.6.
  • Yemen - 54.8.
  • Switzerland - 45.7.
  • Cyprus - 36.4.
  • Saudi Arabia - 35.
  • Iraq - 34.2.
  • Uruguay - 31.8.

Buy more guns and ammo...

Cambodia prior to 1974

Germany 1938

Russia 1917

China 1947

• Serbia - 75.6.
  • Yemen - 54.8.
  • Switzerland - 45.7.
  • Cyprus - 36.4.
  • Saudi Arabia - 35.
  • Iraq - 34.2.
  • Uruguay - 31.8.

What is the relevance?

The relevance is simply cherry picking out a handful of countries over time to attempt to demonstrate that gun control laws = tyranny. When most of our allies have stronger gun control laws than we do are also democratic. And the cherry on the top is pointing at that the top 10 countries with the most guns per capita have some pretty awful governments.

Basically, gun control does not equal Nazi Germany, but I thought that would be obvious.
dude again, if you truly wish to be like those other countries, move to one.

Currently you are in the US of A. we have rights they don't have. maybe they all should import our 2nd amendment.

Gosh, I wish you dimwits could stay on topic for a change.
:CryingCow:

Cambodia prior to 1974

Germany 1938

Russia 1917

China 1947

• Serbia - 75.6.
  • Yemen - 54.8.
  • Switzerland - 45.7.
  • Cyprus - 36.4.
  • Saudi Arabia - 35.
  • Iraq - 34.2.
  • Uruguay - 31.8.

What is the relevance?

The relevance is simply cherry picking out a handful of countries over time to attempt to demonstrate that gun control laws = tyranny. When most of our allies have stronger gun control laws than we do are also democratic. And the cherry on the top is pointing at that the top 10 countries with the most guns per capita have some pretty awful governments.

Basically, gun control does not equal Nazi Germany, but I thought that would be obvious.

And those European countries are now experiencing more and more gun crime.....while our gun crime rates are going down....you guys think that gun control is stagnant...that changes in the culture of a country will keep their citizens obeying their gun laws...that isn't the case in Europe or anywhere else....

The Truth.....?

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Their gun crime is way lower than ours still. It's not even a contest. Also, all crime went down for the United States to include gun crime, it's still way, way higher than other countries.
Firearm violence is one of the least of our worries...

• Serbia - 75.6.
  • Yemen - 54.8.
  • Switzerland - 45.7.
  • Cyprus - 36.4.
  • Saudi Arabia - 35.
  • Iraq - 34.2.
  • Uruguay - 31.8.

What is the relevance?

And those European countries are now experiencing more and more gun crime.....while our gun crime rates are going down....you guys think that gun control is stagnant...that changes in the culture of a country will keep their citizens obeying their gun laws...that isn't the case in Europe or anywhere else....

The Truth.....?

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Their gun crime is way lower than ours still. It's not even a contest. Also, all crime went down for the United States to include gun crime, it's still way, way higher than other countries.
Firearm violence is one of the least of our worries...

Neat, not very convincing but thanks.

Cambodia prior to 1974

Germany 1938

Russia 1917

China 1947

• Serbia - 75.6.
  • Yemen - 54.8.
  • Switzerland - 45.7.
  • Cyprus - 36.4.
  • Saudi Arabia - 35.
  • Iraq - 34.2.
  • Uruguay - 31.8.

I'm still waiting to hear why my dad could take his rifle to school for rabbit hunting afterwards in his day, yet you grabbers claim gun access is the solution.

Cambodia prior to 1974

Germany 1938

Russia 1917

China 1947

• Serbia - 75.6.
  • Yemen - 54.8.
  • Switzerland - 45.7.
  • Cyprus - 36.4.
  • Saudi Arabia - 35.
  • Iraq - 34.2.
  • Uruguay - 31.8.

I'm still waiting to hear why my dad could take his rifle to school for rabbit hunting afterwards in his day, yet you grabbers claim gun access is the solution.

It's not 1922 anymore. Also, when did I claim access is the solution?

Forum List

Back