Gun control in Europe..now the left will change the debate...

Accurately Comparing Death Rates from Motor Vehicle and Firearm Use

Deaths per round fired- 1 per 475 thousand (475,000)

Deaths per mile of motor vehicle travel- 1 per 60 million (60,000,000)

So if you look only at accidental rates you would have

1 in 100,000,000 accidental auto deaths per miles driven and
1 in 300,000,000 accidental gun deaths per rounds fired, wouldn't that make cars 3 times more dangerous?

You link also showed how dishonest Old Rocks graph was, it only used accidental deaths for motor vehicles and all gun deaths. Instead of the graph showing about 36 thousand motor vehicle deaths it should have been 50 thousand to make an honest comparison. Just shows how dishonest gun grabbers are.

What I also found interesting, just as many kill themselves with autos as guns, I wonder why gun grabbers never mention that?

Accurately Comparing Death Rates from Motor Vehicle and Firearm Use

Deaths per round fired- 1 per 475 thousand (475,000)

Deaths per mile of motor vehicle travel- 1 per 60 million (60,000,000)

1 in 300,000,000 accidental gun deaths per rounds fired, wouldn't that make cars 3 times more dangerous?

You link also showed how dishonest Old Rocks graph was, it only used accidental deaths for motor vehicles and all gun deaths. Instead of the graph showing about 36 thousand motor vehicle deaths it should have been 50 thousand to make an honest comparison. Just shows how dishonest gun grabbers are.

What I also found interesting, just as many kill themselves with autos as guns, I wonder why gun grabbers never mention that?

Think you have some bad math. 1 per 24,000,000 for gun accidents. 4X more dangerous than cars.

You're right, I needed to drop a zero, should be 30 million, which is still a long way from 1 in 475 thousand. See, when I make a mistake I admit it, you, you just continue to rationalize and lie, presenting one bogus assumption and lying stats after another.

Was a lot of zero's, understandable.

What is it you are suggesting I am lying about?

Oh I don't know, how many of your statements have been proven erroneous just in this thread, a dozen or so?

None. But point one out if you want to try.

Think you have some bad math. 1 per 24,000,000 for gun accidents. 4X more dangerous than cars.
Guns are only as dangerous as the ones using them... In most cases guns are harmless.

Less dangerous than cars.....if you have a car and a gun..you will more likely be killed by the car...start walking....
I just showed they are more dangerous than cars based on use. A gun in a safe kills nobody, a car in a garage kills nobody. But if using them the rate of accidental death with guns is much higher.

Right, 500 dead vs. 30,000 per year, sooooooo much safer. And you BS numbers assume each mile driven = 1 use.
Ah. Well cars are used millions of times more than guns. Why is it you would not think guns are more dangerous? What is it like at your gun range? Do people just walk around pointing guns at each other? At the gun range I go to we are very careful, for obvious reasons....

I never point a gun at anything I don't intend to destroy and don't know anyone who would. BTW, my guns probably have as many miles on them as my vehicles do and not one has discharged unless I told it to.

Guns are only as dangerous as the ones using them... In most cases guns are harmless.

Less dangerous than cars.....if you have a car and a gun..you will more likely be killed by the car...start walking....
I just showed they are more dangerous than cars based on use. A gun in a safe kills nobody, a car in a garage kills nobody. But if using them the rate of accidental death with guns is much higher.

Right, 500 dead vs. 30,000 per year, sooooooo much safer. And you BS numbers assume each mile driven = 1 use.
Ah. Well cars are used millions of times more than guns. Why is it you would not think guns are more dangerous? What is it like at your gun range? Do people just walk around pointing guns at each other? At the gun range I go to we are very careful, for obvious reasons....

I never point a gun at anything I don't intend to destroy and don't know anyone who would. BTW, my guns probably have as many miles on them as my vehicles do and not one has discharged unless I told it to.

Guns are dangerous by design. Pretending they aren't seems just silly to me. How many hours a week do you shoot?

Guns are dangerous by design. Pretending they aren't seems just silly to me. How many hours a week do you shoot?
They are harmless on their own...

so are cars.

You're right, I needed to drop a zero, should be 30 million, which is still a long way from 1 in 475 thousand. See, when I make a mistake I admit it, you, you just continue to rationalize and lie, presenting one bogus assumption and lying stats after another.

Oh I don't know, how many of your statements have been proven erroneous just in this thread, a dozen or so?

Shall we start with the link you posted that assumes each mile driven is a use. How often are your vehicle trips a mile or less?

so are cars.
...one is a right(firearms) and the other is not(cars)

Shall we start with the link you posted that assumes each mile driven is a use. How often are your vehicle trips a mile or less?

Sure. It is comparing each mile to each round fired. Sounds like a fair comparison. What is your issue with it?

so are cars.
...one is a right(firearms) and the other is not(cars)

So? I don't see either being made illegal. But if one was cars would easily be the more missed.

Guns are 100% safe if used properly. I've had guns more than 50 years, used them hunting, target shooting, in the military in a war zone and training. with no unintended discharges. Now I fire 10-20 rounds a week just to stay familiar with the guns I carry, there's no need to spend hours a week shooting unless you do it competitively.

Guns are 100% safe if used properly. I've had guns more than 50 years, used them hunting, target shooting, in the military in a war zone and training. with no unintended discharges. Now I fire 10-20 rounds a week just to stay familiar with the guns I carry, there's no need to spend hours a week shooting unless you do it competitively.
Yes, but with 17,000 accidental shootings each year there are obviously plenty of people who can't use them properly. And those are just the ones that cause injury/death. There are no doubt many more where people are lucky and no one is injured.

It doesn't take very long to shoot 10-20 rounds. You have to be spending way more time driving each week.

Sure. It is comparing each mile to each round fired. Sounds like a fair comparison. What is your issue with it?

Once again, how many times are your trips limited to 1 mile? Hell I can't even get off my road without driving a mile. Also how many times have you handled a gun and not fired a shot. Those are not a way to make an accurate comparison. Shouldn't we all be concerned with valid comparisons?

Once again, how many times are your trips limited to 1 mile? Hell I can't even get off my road without driving a mile. Also how many times have you handled a gun and not fired a shot. Those are not a way to make an accurate comparison. Shouldn't we all be concerned with valid comparisons?

How often are your trips to the gun range limited to 1 shot?

Your complaint isn't valid, it is comparing each mile to each round. Neither is a complete use.

If you are only firing 10-20 rounds a week, but driving so much you can't even get off your road with a mile, you are driving way more than shooting. Which is my point, cars are used way more than guns, of course there are more accidents.

Yes, but with 17,000 accidental shootings each year there are obviously plenty of people who can't use them properly. And those are just the ones that cause injury/death. There are no doubt many more where people are lucky and no one is injured.

It doesn't take very long to shoot 10-20 rounds. You have to be spending way more time driving each week.

So now we're moving the goal posts again, should we also count all the fender benders in the auto stats and the number of times loaded guns are handled but never fired? I think that would alter the stats considerably, don't you?

Your complaint isn't valid, it is comparing each mile to each round. Neither is a complete use.

If you are only firing 10-20 rounds a week, but driving so much you can't even get off your road with a mile, you are driving way more than shooting. Which is my point, cars are used way more than guns, of course there are more accidents.

I live in a rural area, the miles I drive here are much safer than driving in a large city, we don't have that much traffic. I've sat outside for hours at a time on nice days and not seen a vehicle pass. I also shoot on my property as do most of the folks out here.

Really? Sooooo, they just leap up and kill ya do they?

So now we're moving the goal posts again, should we also count all the fender benders in the auto stats and the number of times loaded guns are handled but never fired? I think that would alter the stats considerably, don't you?

My point was that they aren't 100% safe. It really depends on who the person is.

I live in a rural area, the miles I drive here are much safer than driving in a large city, we don't have that much traffic. I've sat outside for hours at a time on nice days and not seen a vehicle pass. I also shoot on my property as do most of the folks out here.

It still sounds like you drive way more than you shoot. You make driving sound very safe.

Most of those are probably cops…..

Forum List

Back