Gun control in Europe..now the left will change the debate...

Prove it, show me a study that compares the average number of accidents per use.

Accurately Comparing Death Rates from Motor Vehicle and Firearm Use

Deaths per round fired- 1 per 475 thousand (475,000)

Deaths per mile of motor vehicle travel- 1 per 60 million (60,000,000)

So if you look only at accidental rates you would have

1 in 100,000,000 accidental auto deaths per miles driven and
1 in 300,000,000 accidental gun deaths per rounds fired, wouldn't that make cars 3 times more dangerous?

You link also showed how dishonest Old Rocks graph was, it only used accidental deaths for motor vehicles and all gun deaths. Instead of the graph showing about 36 thousand motor vehicle deaths it should have been 50 thousand to make an honest comparison. Just shows how dishonest gun grabbers are.

What I also found interesting, just as many kill themselves with autos as guns, I wonder why gun grabbers never mention that?

Prove it, show me a study that compares the average number of accidents per use.

1 in 300,000,000 accidental gun deaths per rounds fired, wouldn't that make cars 3 times more dangerous?

You link also showed how dishonest Old Rocks graph was, it only used accidental deaths for motor vehicles and all gun deaths. Instead of the graph showing about 36 thousand motor vehicle deaths it should have been 50 thousand to make an honest comparison. Just shows how dishonest gun grabbers are.

What I also found interesting, just as many kill themselves with autos as guns, I wonder why gun grabbers never mention that?

Think you have some bad math. 1 per 24,000,000 for gun accidents. 4X more dangerous than cars.

Sorry brain....accidental gun deaths...in 2013....505...in a country of over 320 million people...with 13 million people carrying guns......

guns are not a problem.....unless you live in a voting district that votes democrat....democrats shoot people more...

They are far more dangerous than cars and well that is like 500 more deaths than any other civilized country. Problem is relative.

Yeah...and trains and rope are far more dangerous in other countries.....and you can't stop a violent attack with a train....or rope.....

Auto accidents are accidental, if you only include accidental deaths by guns it wouldn't even make it on the graph, because the number is about 500. BTW there are about 46 million more guns than cars.

And cars are used millions more each day. Obviously something used millions more will have more accidents. But if you look at how much they are used the rate of accidents with guns is way higher than cars.

Auto accidents are accidental, if you only include accidental deaths by guns it wouldn't even make it on the graph, because the number is about 500. BTW there are about 46 million more guns than cars.

And cars are used millions more each day. Obviously something used millions more will have more accidents. But if you look at how much they are used the rate of accidents with guns is way higher than cars.

Think you have some bad math. 1 per 24,000,000 for gun accidents. 4X more dangerous than cars.
Guns are only as dangerous as the ones using them... In most cases guns are harmless.

Guns are only as dangerous as the ones using them... In most cases guns are harmless.

That is certainly true.

Less dangerous than cars.....if you have a car and a gun..you will more likely be killed by the car...start walking....

Less dangerous than cars.....if you have a car and a gun..you will more likely be killed by the car...start walking....
I just showed they are more dangerous than cars based on use. A gun in a safe kills nobody, a car in a garage kills nobody. But if using them the rate of accidental death with guns is much higher.

Gun related homicides per 100,000

France - 0.22 (2009)
USA - 3.55 (2013)

That is 16 times the gun homicide rate so if populations were equal France would have 1 person dying of a gun related homicide to every 16 Americans.

You can expect that rate to increase as more third world people move there. Just like the US has. 80% of the gun murders in the USA are Hispanic and black gangbangers. A population that doesn't exist in Europe....but will.

No one has a "right" to own and drive a car...
I have an absolute right to own and shoot as many firearms and ammo as I want.

As I posted elsewhere....if the Paris attack had happened here first the anti gun left would have been all over it...demanding, again....

Assault weapon bans

Magazine bans

licensing gun owners

Registering guns

Universal background checks

the works.....and that would be before the blood had dried...,

Sadly for them, it happened in France first.....a country that has done every single thing the left wants here for gun control...and the French wheat even farther....they don't have assault weapon bans...they banned all military style guns for civilians..including pistols...they didn't limit magazines to 10 rounds...they banned all magazines....they license people who own hunting shotguns and require background checks and mental health checks

every last thing the American anti gun extremists only dream of when they are talking about gun owners and their sex organs......

but..........

it happened in France.....that is why the anti gun extremists have been so quiet about gun control....they hope we won't notice....

but we did notice...

Now thy have to do the magic trick......they have to change things around and where they argued that Europe was a gun control paradise....now they have to convince everyone that Europe is really worse than we are....

that they never really argued that Europe was a gun control paradise...that France is actually worse than Texas......as they argued it......and then they push this idea as if it was always what they believed......

Beware...the left wing gun grabbers are changing the debate....don't let them...
I'd like to do all those things. But I'm OK with ccw holders. I think more law abiding citizens should be carrying. In Michigan there is nothing stopping you. Just take the test and pass a background check.

I don't think I should have to get a ccw permit to carry a gun. Do you?

Do you think citizens carrying guns and engaging with the terrorists is what should happen?

Why don't we sell guns to every Saudi or Afghanistan citizen? If Republicans truly believe good people with guns is the answer, why not arm every Iraqi citizens and let the majority that are good but currently powerless deal with the bad guys? Or in Syria.

Only at the gun range or private property outside the city.

What's an absolute right? And define firearm. They could ban the manufacturing or sales of certain guns.

Maybe they can tax bullets 100% and slow your trigger finger.

You're right, I needed to drop a zero, should be 30 million, which is still a long way from 1 in 475 thousand. See, when I make a mistake I admit it, you, you just continue to rationalize and lie, presenting one bogus assumption and lying stats after another.

Only at the gun range or private property outside the city.

What's an absolute right? And define firearm. They could ban the manufacturing or sales of certain guns.

Maybe they can tax bullets 100% and slow your trigger finger.
A constitutional right??

You're right, I needed to drop a zero, should be 30 million, which is still a long way from 1 in 475 thousand. See, when I make a mistake I admit it, you, you just continue to rationalize and lie, presenting one bogus assumption and lying stats after another.

Was a lot of zero's, understandable.

What is it you are suggesting I am lying about?

Everything...

Gun related homicides per 100,000

France - 0.22 (2009)
USA - 3.55 (2013)

That is 16 times the gun homicide rate so if populations were equal France would have 1 person dying of a gun related homicide to every 16 Americans.

You can expect that rate to increase as more third world people move there. Just like the US has. 80% of the gun murders in the USA are Hispanic and black gangbangers. A population that doesn't exist in Europe....but will.

That is quite a claim. Do you have evidence of these figures because with 3 seconds searching I found this

Concerning murder victims for whom race was known, 50.0 percent were black, 46.0 percent were white, and 2.6 percent were of other races. Race was unknown for 175 victims.

Expanded Homicide Data

I just showed they are more dangerous than cars based on use. A gun in a safe kills nobody, a car in a garage kills nobody. But if using them the rate of accidental death with guns is much higher.

Right, 500 dead vs. 30,000 per year, sooooooo much safer. And you BS numbers assume each mile driven = 1 use.

Right, 500 dead vs. 30,000 per year, sooooooo much safer. And you BS numbers assume each mile driven = 1 use.
Ah. Well cars are used millions of times more than guns. Why is it you would not think guns are more dangerous? What is it like at your gun range? Do people just walk around pointing guns at each other? At the gun range I go to we are very careful, for obvious reasons....

Last edited:
As I posted elsewhere....if the Paris attack had happened here first the anti gun left would have been all over it...demanding, again....

Assault weapon bans

Magazine bans

licensing gun owners

Registering guns

Universal background checks

the works.....and that would be before the blood had dried...,

Sadly for them, it happened in France first.....a country that has done every single thing the left wants here for gun control...and the French wheat even farther....they don't have assault weapon bans...they banned all military style guns for civilians..including pistols...they didn't limit magazines to 10 rounds...they banned all magazines....they license people who own hunting shotguns and require background checks and mental health checks

every last thing the American anti gun extremists only dream of when they are talking about gun owners and their sex organs......

but..........

it happened in France.....that is why the anti gun extremists have been so quiet about gun control....they hope we won't notice....

but we did notice...

Now thy have to do the magic trick......they have to change things around and where they argued that Europe was a gun control paradise....now they have to convince everyone that Europe is really worse than we are....

that they never really argued that Europe was a gun control paradise...that France is actually worse than Texas......as they argued it......and then they push this idea as if it was always what they believed......

Beware...the left wing gun grabbers are changing the debate....don't let them...

exactly take bucket for example

he wants to send the message that

civilian ownership of full autos in france is A-OK

even though it is completely false

Oh I don't know, how many of your statements have been proven erroneous just in this thread, a dozen or so?

Forum List

Back