Gun Control in France...how stupid is it? Ask the journalists and deli patrons......

Americans, who live without gun control, have a 5 times higher chance of being murdered than French people do.
Not really fair to compare the two countries, especially given our far more diverse population. Lets compare nations within Europe, that is more apt of a comparison. For example Sweden has about 4 times the number of guns per 100,000 in the population versus Spain, but a lower murder rate(both with and without guns). Slovakia has about 15 times the number of guns per 100,000 vs Romania, but a lower overall murder rate and lower overall gun murder rate. Greece has about 5 times the number of guns per 100,000 in the population vs Hungary, yet a lower overall murder rate and lower gun murder rate.
http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/orgs/jlpp/Vol30_No2_KatesMauseronline.pdf

Norway has the second number rate of guns per 100,000 people in Europe yet the second lowest murder rate.
Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy - Galley Template

There is no correlation between higher gun ownership rates and a higher murder rate.
The U.S. has a far higher murder rate than all of those countries you mentioned. And also a far, far, FAR, higher rate of gun ownership.

And Americans stop violent criminal attack and save lives using guns 1.6 million times a year on average.....far more than are murdered by gangs in the inner cities, or the random crazy who is allowed to kill people in gun free zones created by anti gunners.....

Americans, who live without gun control, have a 5 times higher chance of being murdered than French people do.
Not really fair to compare the two countries, especially given our far more diverse population. Lets compare nations within Europe, that is more apt of a comparison. For example Sweden has about 4 times the number of guns per 100,000 in the population versus Spain, but a lower murder rate(both with and without guns). Slovakia has about 15 times the number of guns per 100,000 vs Romania, but a lower overall murder rate and lower overall gun murder rate. Greece has about 5 times the number of guns per 100,000 in the population vs Hungary, yet a lower overall murder rate and lower gun murder rate.

Norway has the second number rate of guns per 100,000 people in Europe yet the second lowest murder rate.

There is no correlation between higher gun ownership rates and a higher murder rate.
The U.S. has a far higher murder rate than all of those countries you mentioned. And also a far, far, FAR, higher rate of gun ownership.

And Americans stop violent criminal attack and save lives using guns 1.6 million times a year on average.....far more than are murdered by gangs in the inner cities, or the random crazy who is allowed to kill people in gun free zones created by anti gunners.....
Well obviously when your country is drowning in guns you're safer if you have a gun. No one's arguing that :cuckoo:

Not when you exclude non-whites. It isn't "far, far, FAR, higher".
Ann Coulter s Truthful Rhetoric on Gun Violence and Race National Review Online

Which proves my point, diversity skews the statistics far higher. Also, one country is just an outlier, the US doesn't negate the statistical reality that there is no correlation between high gun ownership and high murder rates.

Which proves my point, diversity skews the statistics far higher. Also, one country is just an outlier, the US doesn't negate the statistical reality that there is no correlation between high gun ownership and high murder rates.
Ah you want to make it a racist thing. I've been to this rodeo before. If you feel like it please click here:

Yesterday in Canada the NRA was proven right.One good man with a gun stopped a bad man with a gun Page 5 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Read through mine and Rikurzhens posts. I bookmarked it just so I wouldn't have to waste my time with people like you again. Take from it what you will. Rikurzhen refused to accept I was right but then again, we don't see him around here anymore do we?

Ah you want to make it a racist thing. I've been to this rodeo before. If you feel like it please click here:

Yesterday in Canada the NRA was proven right.One good man with a gun stopped a bad man with a gun Page 5 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Read through mine and Rikurzhens posts. I bookmarked it just so I wouldn't have to waste my time with people like you again. Take from it what you will. Rikurzhen refused to accept I was right but then again, we don't see him around here anymore do we?
I don't really care if you call me a racist. That isn't an argument. It doesn't disprove that diversity skews our statistics, and that America statistically speaking is an outlier in part because of it. Sorry, the stats don't lie, there is no correlation between high gun ownership and murder.

I don't really care if you call me a racist. That isn't an argument. It doesn't disprove that diversity skews our statistics, and that America statistically speaking is an outlier in part because of it. Sorry, the stats don't lie, there is no correlation between high gun ownership and murder.
Like I said; click my link if you want to be proved wrong. But I'm not going to waste my time on it again. Race factors in... but guess what so does high gun ownership.

Race factors in... but guess what so does high gun ownership.
No it doesn't, you obviously didn't read the links to the Harvard University studies I linked which prove there is no correlation between gun ownership and the murder rate.

I don't expect you to read them, you are just going to keep citing America, an outlier, and ignoring the international stats on the issue, so it is a waste of time.

No it doesn't, you obviously didn't read the links to the Harvard University studies I linked which prove there is no correlation between gun ownership and the murder rate.

I don't expect you to read them, you are just going to keep citing America, an outlier, and ignoring the international stats on the issue, so it is a waste of time.
Great :thup:

Brown people are terrible, give white people more guns :thup:

I'm going to go post in the cat threads now.

Great :thup:
give white people more guns :thup:
Sounds great to me.

I've been thinking about that....blame their class system, and World War 1 and 2....it turned them into submissive, pacifists.....who when the time came to stop the mass murderers...they couldn't......

We have more mass murders than they do... because we let crazy people have guns. Because the Founding Slave Rapists were all about "Freedom" (for rich people).

This article details all the stupidity of France's gun control laws and how the three terrorists, one of whom was a convicted criminal on a government, terrorist watch list....

So, try to tell us that gun control works.....

The long list of illegal weapons used by the terrorists in the Paris attack - Crime Prevention Research Center

The irony here is that the Paris attack occurred in a country with one of the strongest gun control restrictions in the world. You had people just 10 to 12 meters from the terrorists who were able to film them on their cell phones but they were unable to do anything to stop the attack. Yet, at the same time the laws hadn’t stopped the terrorists from being massively armed.

In France, handguns (both pistols and revolvers), fully automatic firearms, and even semi-automatic “assault weapons” are prohibited with only extremely narrow exemptions. Loaded rocket launchers and grenades are also banned. Yet, despite bans and these terrorists having criminals records, these terrorists did possess all these weapons.

It is clear that the funding and weapons for the attack came from abroad.

Unfortunately, the French think that the solution is to station 10,000 troops in front of Jewish sitesacross the country. The problem is that there are so many possible targets, at times when the terrorists pick to attack, that there is no way that the troops can protect all the possible targets, even if they many times more than 10,000 troops. In addition, the terrorists can kill the uniformed troops before they start killing other people. It is an extremely difficult job for troops to be constantly vigilant day after day, week after week, month after month.

Information on French gun laws is available here:

Gun nuts never let a good tragedy go to waste.

I don't think france wants to be like us with higher homicide rates and many more mass shootings.

This article details all the stupidity of France's gun control laws and how the three terrorists, one of whom was a convicted criminal on a government, terrorist watch list....

The long list of illegal weapons used by the terrorists in the Paris attack - Crime Prevention Research Center

The irony here is that the Paris attack occurred in a country with one of the strongest gun control restrictions in the world. You had people just 10 to 12 meters from the terrorists who were able to film them on their cell phones but they were unable to do anything to stop the attack. Yet, at the same time the laws hadn’t stopped the terrorists from being massively armed.

In France, handguns (both pistols and revolvers), fully automatic firearms, and even semi-automatic “assault weapons” are prohibited with only extremely narrow exemptions. Loaded rocket launchers and grenades are also banned. Yet, despite bans and these terrorists having criminals records, these terrorists did possess all these weapons.

Unfortunately, the French think that the solution is to station 10,000 troops in front of Jewish sitesacross the country. The problem is that there are so many possible targets, at times when the terrorists pick to attack, that there is no way that the troops can protect all the possible targets, even if they many times more than 10,000 troops. In addition, the terrorists can kill the uniformed troops before they start killing other people. It is an extremely difficult job for troops to be constantly vigilant day after day, week after week, month after month.

I don't think france wants to be like us with higher homicide rates and many more mass shootings.

Wether they allow law abiding citizens to own and carry guns will not effect their crime rate....what the criminals decide to do will....we have another hostage situation at a French post office today.....early reports say the guy has hand grenades......

Gun control only disarms law abiding people....as France, Canada, Australia and Belgium show us.....criminals and terrorists will get fully automatic guns even if they are illegal....the only ones who won't get them are the law abiding, decent citizens.......

Wether they allow law abiding citizens to own and carry guns will not effect their crime rate....what the criminals decide to do will....we have another hostage situation at a French post office today.....early reports say the guy has hand grenades......

Gun control only disarms law abiding people....as France, Canada, Australia and Belgium show us.....criminals and terrorists will get fully automatic guns even if they are illegal....the only ones who won't get them are the law abiding, decent citizens.......

And those countries have lower homicide rates....

Because their criminals don't kill at the same rate as our inner city gang members do.....not because there are gun bans....since the three terrorists in France, the terrorist in Belgium, the terrorist in Australia, the terrorist in Canada show that when a criminal wants a gun in any of these countries they are easily acquired, even fully automatic weapons, rocket propelled grenades and hand grenades, but because for some reason European criminals don't use guns as often....I would put that more to European culture, their historical class system and their reactions to World War 1 and 2.....because if they want guns, they get guns.....

Because their criminals don't kill at the same rate as our inner city gang members do.....not because there are gun bans....since the three terrorists in France, the terrorist in Belgium, the terrorist in Australia, the terrorist in Canada show that when a criminal wants a gun in any of these countries they are easily acquired, even fully automatic weapons, rocket propelled grenades and hand grenades, but because for some reason European criminals don't use guns as often....I would put that more to European culture, their historical class system and their reactions to World War 1 and 2.....because if they want guns, they get guns.....

But I wouldn't recommend they get more guns to be like us.

I would....the only people in Europe who don't have guns readily available are law abiding citizens.....the criminals get all the guns they need.....

I would....the only people in Europe who don't have guns readily available are law abiding citizens.....the criminals get all the guns they need.....

Then they might just end up with a mess like us. Don't see them doing it, would be foolish.

Idaho is 93% white. Canada is 77% white. Guess where the murder rate is higher? Why do you want to make it easier for criminals and terrorists to acquire guns and when were you disarmed and who disarmed you?

I am not the one making it easier for criminals to get guns...they get them whenever they want or need them....as you saw in France where 3 terrorists, one a convicted terrorist on a French government watch list, acquired fully automatic rifles, a rocket propelled grenade launcher and hand grenades.....and they got these weapons in France....where you anti gunners bow down in abject orgasmic pleasure over their strict gun laws......so gun laws do not keep guns out of the hands of criminals....as was also just shown in Belgium where another terrorist had a small stock pile of fully automatic rifles, hand guns, and grenades..........

You guys are the ones who make it easier for law abiding citizens to be murdered by these criminals by making it harder for law abiding citizens to get guns....because again, the criminals can get guns even in gun control paradises of Canada, France, Britain, Australia, Belgium......and the only ones who can't get guns are the innocent, law abiding people.......

Forum List

Back