🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

CDZ Gun laws

Should concealed carry, castle doctrine, and stand your ground, be nationwide?

• 1. Yes

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • 2. No

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • 3. Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
America's gun violence is a symptom of a much greater problem.

Everything can be traced back to huge income inequality. Even the current upsurge in racism because some minority must take the blame for what the American way has done to the working people.

America's situation is eerily similar to the situation facing Germany prior to the beginning of WW2.

Has the elimination of Trump ended the cycle or will it all culminate in another world war?

Russia and China have already been assigned their positions as the supposed evil that makes them the victims.

Not the gun's fault that people refuse to look at the difference between being a responsible gun owner & a childish or unbalanced gun nut. We have way to many gun laws, and way to many responsible gun owners who won't admit that there are people who have no gun training & use guns as ego extensions.

Not the gun's fault that people refuse to look at the difference between being a responsible gun owner & a childish or unbalanced gun nut. We have way to many gun laws, and way to many responsible gun owners who won't admit that there are people who have no gun training & use guns as ego extensions.
How many NRA members do you know that have robbed a bank, or went and murdered minorities in inner cities?

All the criminals with guns were lawabiding gun owners before they used their guns to become criminals.
That's a fact.

But much more interesting is the number of lawabiding gun owners who are threatening violence with their guns.

How many will be hiding their guns in their pockets or on their children when they go to the Biden inauguration?

That's the big question that keeps the police and the military wondering how much force it will take to put down lawabiding citizens who are about to become criminals with guns?

I think a big part of the threat can be covered with helicopter gunships in the air over the festivities.
Just in case either the extreme right or left attempt to take Washington.

I'm all for concealed carry and the castle doctrine.

Stand your ground sounds good on paper but is way too easily abused. It basically means that you can start the confrontation, then pull your gun and start firing once you feel threatened. It's abused daily in Florida.

All the criminals with guns were lawabiding gun owners before they used their guns to become criminals.
That's a fact.

But much more interesting is the number of lawabiding gun owners who are threatening violence with their guns.

How many will be hiding their guns in their pockets or on their children when they go to the Biden inauguration?

That's the big question that keeps the police and the military wondering how much force it will take to put down lawabiding citizens who are about to become criminals with guns?

I think a big part of the threat can be covered with helicopter gunships in the air over the festivities.

Wrong.....

The Criminology of Firearms
In 2004, the National Academy of Sciences reviewed 253 journal articles, 99 books, 43 government publications and some empirical research of its own about guns. The Academy could not identify any gun restriction that had reduced violent crime, suicide or gun accidents.

Why don't gun bans work? Because they rely on voluntary compliance by gun-using criminals. Prohibitionists never see this absurdity because they deceive themselves into thinking that, as Katherine Christoffel has said: "[M]ost shootings are not committed by felons or mentally ill people, but are acts of passion that are committed using a handgun that is owned for home protection."

Christoffel, et al., are utterly wrong. The whole corpus of criminological research dating back to the 1890'sshows murderers "almost uniformly have a long history of involvement in criminal behavior," and that "[v]irtually all" murderers and other gun criminals have prior felony records — generally long ones.

While only 15 percent of Americans have criminal records, roughly 90 percent of adult murderers have prior adult records — exclusive of their often extensive juvenile records — with crime careers of six or more adult years including four major felonies. Gerald D. Robin, writing for the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences,notes that, unlike ordinary gun owners, "the average murderer turns out to be no less hardened a criminal than the average robber or burglar."

Stand your ground sounds good on paper but is way too easily abused. It basically means that you can start the confrontation, then pull your gun and start firing once you feel threatened. It's abused daily in Florida.

Actually, nothing that you posted about Stand your Ground is true or accurate.

You can't start the confrontation and shoot someone and claim Stand your Ground as a defense....it isn't abused daily in Florida....where do you get that false information?

That's a fact.

Excuse me....I actually took your post as a serious post....

That's a fact.

most are actually repeat offenders and their first crime wasn't with a gun

most are actually repeat offenders and their first crime wasn't with a gun

The distinction is: They were law abiding gun owners before they became criminals with guns.
And there were also people who were law-abiding social drinkers before they became criminals with cars.

I wonder how many violent crimes committed with firearms are the result of alcohol abuse.

That's a fact.

Excuse me....I actually took your post as a serious post....
that was your first mistake,,

It appears that it's going to be impossible for the Democratic party to hold any outdoor events now, for risk of shooters being in the crowd.
Lack of appropriate laws to limit the carrying of guns has created the situation.
Public appearances by leftists will likely now need to be behind bullet proof glass!
Is this the outcome a nation would want being created?

Yet, there's little doubt that the situation can't be reversed.

Safety is one of the factors that made America 15th. on quality of life!

Gun Laws, the title of this thread, is nothing but a dead end road. A discussion on what could be done about America being awash with extremists carrying guns would give this thread some direction.

It appears that it's going to be impossible for the Democratic party to hold any outdoor events now, for risk of shooters being in the crowd.
Lack of appropriate laws to limit the carrying of guns has created the situation.
Public appearances by leftists will likely now need to be behind bullet proof glass!

Gun Laws, the title of this thread, is nothing but a dead end road. A discussion on what could be done about America being awash with extremists carrying guns would give this thread some direction.
thank gosh youre canadian and its none of your business,,

And there were also people who were law-abiding social drinkers before they became criminals with cars.

True enough but why is that important to this thread?

I wonder how many violent crimes committed with firearms are the result of alcohol abuse.

A good question as a contribution to this thread! How many legal gun owners got liquored up before they took their guns home to murder their wives or children?

Extremists will obtain guns despite gun laws. Do you propose to disarm the entire country, or what?

Actually, nothing that you posted about Stand your Ground is true or accurate.

You can't start the confrontation and shoot someone and claim Stand your Ground as a defense....it isn't abused daily in Florida....where do you get that false information?
If there are no witnesses, you can claim that the other person started it and was about to attack you when you shot them. I know someone that got away with doing just that. Dead men tell no tales.

It may not be happening everyday. That was conjecture on my part.

True enough but why is that important to this thread?

A good question as a contribution to this thread! How many legal gun owners got liquored up before they took their guns home to murder their wives or children?
You don't understand the analogy I'm making between guns and alcohol?

You don't understand the analogy I'm making between guns and alcohol?

You could say that I don't understand the distinction that you think I should understand. I'll be the one who chooses my distinctions.

Attitudes on gun rights are likely the biggest factor that has created the gun violence problem. But the first step is having some people agree that there IS a problem.

Some who are taking part on this thread are loudly advertising their attitude problems.

Let's have a good clean discussion on the gun problem in America. There must be 'some' issue that can be discussed in the CDZ that doesn't become poison?

Forum List

Back