Gun lovers gather for build-your-own-rifle parties

jon_berzerk

Platinum Member
Mar 5, 2013
this hasnt been "spawning" it has been going on for years

--LOL
the article is ripe with inaccuracies but worth the read

What’s a party without some brewskies, a few burgers on the grill and a group of buddies just kicking back and assembling some of the world’s deadliest assault weapons from make-shift parts?

That’s the premise of so-called rifle "build parties" that are spawning across the U.S. and in California in particular, where the gun laws are considered to be among the country’s most restrictive.

Although gun ownership makes a person subject to having their firearms registered with the government, build parties provide a setting in which gun aficionados can circumvent that requirement. They’re a convenient way to obtain trendy AR-15 or AK-47 assault rifles without the bureaucratic headaches associated with gun ownership, according to firearms advocates.

That’s because there is no law prohibiting Americans from making their own firearms for personal use, explains Alan Gottleib, founder of the Seattle-based Second Amendment Foundation

Gun lovers gather for build-your-own-rifle parties

Last edited:
If you build a gun, aren't you still required to register it?

AK-47s are "trendy"? Ooh, I'll have to tell my husband, he doesn't even realize he's trendy. : )

If you build a gun, aren't you still required to register it?

AK-47s are "trendy"? Ooh, I'll have to tell my husband, he doesn't even realize he's trendy. : )

even if i bought a new rifle at the store

i am not required to register it

as for the ar 15s in the picture

the lower has a serial number

that if bought through an ffl

would require the 4473 form and back ground check

Forum List

Back