"Gun Nuts" ???

Where is the US on that list?

That is who we are talking about

We're about 28th on the list.

Yeah, and so you go to the original website for that image, the Daily Mail, and the two top stories are about acts of violence and gun deaths in.....America. Good job. The stories are real, but I suspect that table is skewed.

No I was just going by a stat I had read earlier. It may have even been from wikipedia (the liberal go to guide).

Show us a table that refutes this one and you may have a point. But until then......

Liberals like to refer to people who support the Second Amendment as being "gun nuts".

By this rationale would those who support the First Amendment be considered "word nuts"?

2432602047_3e016606e7.jpg

Yeah, and so you go to the original website for that image, the Daily Mail, and the two top stories are about acts of violence and gun deaths in.....America. Good job. The stories are real, but I suspect that table is skewed.

No I was just going by a stat I had read earlier. It may have even been from wikipedia (the liberal go to guide).

Show us a table that refutes this one and you may have a point. But until then......

The article explains the table. And I posted the definitions.

I suggest "gun nuts" do more reading and less pointing and shooting.
The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S. | Mail Online

Where is the US on that list?

That is who we are talking about

Oh, so sorry to burst your bullet bubble. You see, sometimes it's necessary to read beyond the graphics:

"In Britain, an affray is considered a violent crime, while in other countries it will only be logged if a person is physically injured.

Definition of "affray":
In many legal jurisdictions related to English common law, affray is a public order offence consisting of the fighting of two or more persons in a public place to the terror (in French: à l'effroi) of ordinary people (the lieges).

So?

The article explains the table. And I posted the definitions.

I suggest "gun nuts" do more reading and less pointing and shooting.
The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S. | Mail Online

Your concession is duly noted.

I was raised with guns in the house and so were my five children and not one single incident occurred. And I own nine pistols, five shotguns, ten rifles ranging from .22 to .308's and two full auto machine guns, one a 45 cal. Thompson and the other is an M16.

I should mention I co-own a gun store and I have been collecting fireams for over 30 years.

Frankly, I didn't trust my first wife to keep a lid on things while I was at work. When the kids got older, the guns came home and they were taught how to shoot. I still remember having my oldest daughter shoot an orange with a .22 - she laughed that it didn't do anything but put a tiny hole in it. Then we walked out and she saw the back side - her whole perspective changed and she gained respect for the fire arms.

I keep most of my guns locked up but I agree that when kids are taught to respect guns at an early age you usually don't have a problem.

I never did lock up my guns, though I did keep them out of reach in the bedroom closet.

But then I started taking my son to the range wth me when he was 6 years old using a S&W 22 semi-auto. By the time he was 7, he was able to do a playing card sized grouping at 15 feet.

He also knew that he could not touch a gun unless I was with him. But we shot together often enough that he wasn't intriqued by the gun. It held no mysteries for him. He knew what it could do to a watermelon, gallon jug of water, and tin cans.

Frankly, I didn't trust my first wife to keep a lid on things while I was at work. When the kids got older, the guns came home and they were taught how to shoot. I still remember having my oldest daughter shoot an orange with a .22 - she laughed that it didn't do anything but put a tiny hole in it. Then we walked out and she saw the back side - her whole perspective changed and she gained respect for the fire arms.

I keep most of my guns locked up but I agree that when kids are taught to respect guns at an early age you usually don't have a problem.

I never did lock up my guns, though I did keep them out of reach in the bedroom closet.

But then I started taking my son to the range wth me when he was 6 years old using a S&W 22 semi-auto. By the time he was 7, he was able to do a playing card sized grouping at 15 feet.

He also knew that he could not touch a gun unless I was with him. But we shot together often enough that he wasn't intriqued by the gun. It held no mysteries for him. He knew what it could do to a watermelon, gallon jug of water, and tin cans.

Is your avatar a pic of your LCP?

Actually is the of the 9mm I carry with me everywhere I go.

I just found a Glock 17c 4th gen today that I put on lay-away for $580

Just be aware that the Glock has a "funny" trigger pull. It took me a long time and a lot of ammo to get used to it. The trick everyone will tell you is to half-pull the trigger, which basically cocks it, but it still has about a 7 pound trigger pull. It's almost like shooting double action.

I'm used to it now and shoot fine with it, but at first I couldn't hit shit with it.

Thanks for the info. I've never shot one before, but they are getting as rare as hen's teeth on the open market. So I figured since he called me, I might as well get it.

Last edited:
Without a gun, my uncle would be dead. More than likely, I would also be dead. No amount of wailing and teeth-gnashing on your part will change that.

Or maybe that guy just ran away when he realized someone was home.

I know this is a concept hard for you to get your head around. Most burglars strike when no one is home, and when they find someone is home, they run away.

There is not this huge outbreak of home invasions going on. There really isn't.

The FBI recorded only 201 cases of someone being killed with a gun while committing a felony. In the same year, 83 Americans were killed in lightening strikes.

That's how fucking rare it is.

More fact-free bloviation from Joey...

He wasn't at home.
There was no burglar.
The guy did not run...he did not stop advancing until the last shot hit him in the throat & severed his carotid artery. The dude was waving a metal pipe and high on PCP.

I realize that the fact not everything fits in your nice, neat little box is traumatizing...but try thinking. I promise it won't hurt!

Private citizens with guns saved their businesses from looters during the Los Angeles riots.

If you're sitting around waiting for the National Guard to show up, you can kiss your property goodbye.

That would be the riots that happened because an all-white jury found 4 cops innocent of beating a black man when they had them on videotape beating a black man.

Of course, most of those stores, run by Koreans who treated their black customers with disdain, were targetted because they were symbols of the racial inequities.

But, hey, a few of them defended their candy bars with guns, that's the important thing.

Liberals like to refer to people who support the Second Amendment as being "gun nuts".

By this rationale would those who support the First Amendment be considered "word nuts"?

Yeah I think that's a reasonable term to apply to those who are 1st amdnment obsessed.

I think Freedom-of-Speech-nuts might be better though.

Children have zero chance of shooting themselves or their friends with their parents gun, if the parents don't have any guns. There's just no argument for that.
Hunting and having different kinds like you mention, well, maybe, but all I'm saying is that anyone who has lots of guns is a gun nut. Anyone who feels the need to buy an assault weapon is a gun nut. Fuck peeps, what's so hard to understand. And fucking yes! There are a lot of them in the US. DUH!

That's true. When I had children under 10 in the house, I also had no guns in the house. But that was my choice. I took the couple I had to my parents house.

I was raised with guns in the house and so were my five children and not one single incident occurred. And I own nine pistols, five shotguns, ten rifles ranging from .22 to .308's and two full auto machine guns, one a 45 cal. Thompson and the other is an M16.

I should mention I co-own a gun store and I have been collecting fireams for over 30 years.

!!!!!Gun Nut Alert!!!!!!!!!!:D

So you aren't going to answer the question???

Ok, no sex=no baby, except Mary, so the story goes. :D

Abortion and saving children aren't related. Want to save children's lives? I mean aside from banning guns, LOL, stop eating meat so that the extra grain could be sent to Africa to feed dying children.

Say WHAT?

Abortion and saving Children's lives aren't related??

What the hell do you think happens when an abortion is performed?

A child's life is ended.

Planned Parenthood ended 300,000 lives last year along.. And that is by their own count.
An aborted fetus isn't a child.

Ok, no sex=no baby, except Mary, so the story goes. :D

Abortion and saving children aren't related. Want to save children's lives? I mean aside from banning guns, LOL, stop eating meat so that the extra grain could be sent to Africa to feed dying children.

Say WHAT?

A child's life is ended.

Planned Parenthood ended 300,000 lives last year along.. And that is by their own count.

If lying to yourself is what it takes to get you through the night..... Best of luck with that.

Say WHAT?

A child's life is ended.

If lying to yourself is what it takes to get you through the night..... Best of luck with that.

Not lying, it's just a simple fact of life. Get over it.

Forum List

Back