Gun Protesters Plan March On D.C. With Loaded Rifles To ‘Put Government On Notice'

Are you out of your mind? I don't wish for bloodshed. How dare you make such a prevaricated assumption about me? I'd don't wish for armed rebellions of any kind in this country. Get that?

Well...according to a recent survey... 44% of you righties do...sorry if you're part of the 66% who don't...I apologize.
Where did you learn to count? 66 plus 44 equals 110, dumbshit.

56....sue me, it's' 3:41am....

I know your wingnuts are pretty fucking stupid - but this thread ain't about OWS. If you want to discuss OWS - start your own thread.

Well it seems you are the one making a big deal out of this, it's only fair to point out OWS. Liberals were quiet, and as you are now, trying to avoid the subject. If you're gonna call people out on the right, you'd better damn well call people out on the left for doing the same.

Did you call out FEMEN for harassing a priest in Europe as he prayed? I guess not. So how do you get to call out protests that break the law, when OWS is a prime example of it?

Holy shit - you have the attention span and focus of a housefly. Again, read the thread title...

Stop being a hypocrite!

At the risk of continuing what some could regard as a deflection, OWS was protesting against something that was far more destructive, offensive, damaging and even illegal than anything they could have possibly done. This demonstration is against....what? An imagined possible future action? What is the comparison?

At the risk of continuing what some could regard as a deflection, OWS was protesting against something that was far more destructive, offensive, damaging and even illegal than anything they could have possibly done. This demonstration is against....what? An imagined possible future action? What is the comparison?

While I agree....that doesn't excuse the behavior that took place.

la-na-tt-gun-nuts-20130111-001.jpg

I will say this right now.

Anyone who marches in DC with a loaded weapon should be arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

While I disagree with the draconian laws in DC, you don't change them by breaking them.

I should hope that not many people show. I would be very happy if the radio show host were the only person to show up.

Well said.

While I agree....that doesn't excuse the behavior that took place.

Quite so.

As long as protesters do not break laws, they have a right to get their message out.

Walking down the streets in DC with a loaded rifle is a crime. A crime committed with a loaded weapon is more serious than most other crimes. If these people have so little respect for the laws made under the Constitution, they deserve to lose the right to own and possess firearms. Streets full of armed crime are not the streets of liberty and freedom.

Last edited:
Not deflecting or even defending the planned protest.

I doubt it will even happen as it is being described here. Sounds like so much impotent trumpeting to me. If it did happen, think of how irresponsible it makes all gun owners look? That's the pity of all this extremism. I don't want my hunting and shooting hobby wrecked by a bunch of irresponsible nincompoop Bubbas with a median 75 IQ.

I doubt it will even happen as it is being described here. Sounds like so much impotent trumpeting to me. If it did happen, think of how irresponsible it makes all gun owners look? That's the pity of all this extremism. I don't want my hunting and shooting hobby wrecked by a bunch of irresponsible nincompoop Bubbas with a median 75 IQ.

Amen brutha....preach it! As a Sportsman and a hunter I am pissed at these weekend warrior militia types saber rattling all the time.

I somewhat agree there are similarities between OWS and these gun protesters. In my opinion, OWS had a more legitimate gripe, but it isn't either side's message that is hurting them, it's their delivery.

To Occupiers, if you want to be taken seriously, nobody is saying you have to show up to a protest in a suit and tie, or even a button-up shirt, but try showing up in a shirt. Not pooping on police cars helps too.

To these gun protesters, if you want to argue that most gun owners are law abiding citizens, try not breaking the law.

Amen!

In any case, if they did turn up in the centre of the city in large angry numbers carrying their loaded rifles...what could possibly go wrong?

Washington, D.C., Fourth of July, drinking, loaded assault rifles, fireworks (bangs) - Gee, what could possibly go wrong...

Actually, I really don't believe they have the guts to do it. They have the IQ - but not the guts.

Now, just imagine if a terrorist act gets thrown into the mix...

The protestors have the right to make their concerns known to the government and the public.

They do need to know if they ever rise up that LEO and military will not be needed to put them down.

Their neighbors (the real militia) know who the are and will put them down.

By Rebecca Leber

Almost 900 people are RSVPed for a July 4th march on Washington, D.C. where protesters plan to carry loaded rifles. In D.C., openly carrying guns is against the law. But the organizer of the event, libertarian radio host Adam Kokesh, says the march is an act of “civil disobedience” that attempts to prove gun advocates’ point in the “SUBTLEST way possible.”

The event’s Facebook invitation describes the march as a nonviolent demonstration, “unless the government chooses to make it violent”:

This is an act of civil disobedience, not a permitted event. We will march with rifles loaded & slung across our backs to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated & cower in submission to tyranny. We are marching to mark the high water mark of government & to turn the tide. This will be a non-violent event, unless the government chooses to make it violent. Should we meet physical resistance, we will peacefully turn back, having shown that free people are not welcome in Washington, & returning with the resolve that the politicians, bureaucrats, & enforcers of the federal government will not be welcome in the land of the free.

There’s a remote chance that there will be violence as there has been from government before, and I think it should be clear that if anyone involved in this event is approached respectfully by agents of the state, they will submit to arrest without resisting. We are truly saying in the SUBTLEST way possible that we would rather die on our feet than live on our knees.​

More: Gun Protesters Plan March On Washington With Loaded Rifles To 'Put The Government On Notice'

I'm sure Obama will have an adequate military/police force waiting for these radical gun clowns. When I think of "civil disobedience" - I think of brave unarmed civil rights heroes like Martin Luther King, Jr. and Ghandi.

That's going to be an interesting Independence Day.

How apt the reactionary gun nuts in their opposition underline the brillant, spiritual strategy of the Reverend MLK Jr to unit Christian love and non-violence with civil disobedience.

Forum List

Back