Gun Protesters Plan March On D.C. With Loaded Rifles To ‘Put Government On Notice'

Claiming to be bringing loaded rifles and actually doing it are a different thing. Besides--what if they are "loaded" with blank rounds ?

By Rebecca Leber

Almost 900 people are RSVPed for a July 4th march on Washington, D.C. where protesters plan to carry loaded rifles. In D.C., openly carrying guns is against the law. But the organizer of the event, libertarian radio host Adam Kokesh, says the march is an act of “civil disobedience” that attempts to prove gun advocates’ point in the “SUBTLEST way possible.”

The event’s Facebook invitation describes the march as a nonviolent demonstration, “unless the government chooses to make it violent”:

This is an act of civil disobedience, not a permitted event. We will march with rifles loaded & slung across our backs to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated & cower in submission to tyranny. We are marching to mark the high water mark of government & to turn the tide. This will be a non-violent event, unless the government chooses to make it violent. Should we meet physical resistance, we will peacefully turn back, having shown that free people are not welcome in Washington, & returning with the resolve that the politicians, bureaucrats, & enforcers of the federal government will not be welcome in the land of the free.

There’s a remote chance that there will be violence as there has been from government before, and I think it should be clear that if anyone involved in this event is approached respectfully by agents of the state, they will submit to arrest without resisting. We are truly saying in the SUBTLEST way possible that we would rather die on our feet than live on our knees.​

More: Gun Protesters Plan March On Washington With Loaded Rifles To 'Put The Government On Notice'

I'm sure Obama will have an adequate military/police force waiting for these radical gun clowns. When I think of "civil disobedience" - I think of brave unarmed civil rights heroes like Martin Luther King, Jr. and Ghandi.

It is all sound a fury, signifying nothing. Nobody will show up.

To put government on notice? What does that mean, exactly? Is that a civil war hint?

no--it means they intend to demonstrate how serious they are.

Well..........serious about what? That they'll shoot police officers who cross them? Start a revolution?

Nothing AT ALL peaceable can be inferred from a band of armed protestors, right?

By Rebecca Leber

Almost 900 people are RSVPed for a July 4th march on Washington, D.C. where protesters plan to carry loaded rifles. In D.C., openly carrying guns is against the law. But the organizer of the event, libertarian radio host Adam Kokesh, says the march is an act of “civil disobedience” that attempts to prove gun advocates’ point in the “SUBTLEST way possible.”

The event’s Facebook invitation describes the march as a nonviolent demonstration, “unless the government chooses to make it violent”:

This is an act of civil disobedience, not a permitted event. We will march with rifles loaded & slung across our backs to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated & cower in submission to tyranny. We are marching to mark the high water mark of government & to turn the tide. This will be a non-violent event, unless the government chooses to make it violent. Should we meet physical resistance, we will peacefully turn back, having shown that free people are not welcome in Washington, & returning with the resolve that the politicians, bureaucrats, & enforcers of the federal government will not be welcome in the land of the free.

There’s a remote chance that there will be violence as there has been from government before, and I think it should be clear that if anyone involved in this event is approached respectfully by agents of the state, they will submit to arrest without resisting. We are truly saying in the SUBTLEST way possible that we would rather die on our feet than live on our knees.​

More: Gun Protesters Plan March On Washington With Loaded Rifles To 'Put The Government On Notice'

I'm sure Obama will have an adequate military/police force waiting for these radical gun clowns. When I think of "civil disobedience" - I think of brave unarmed civil rights heroes like Martin Luther King, Jr. and Ghandi.

Nice Macbeth reference!

Nice Macbeth reference!

As for these guys who want to march with loaded guns in Washington,

"The earth hath bubbles, as the water has, and these are of them."

Exactly. I expect to see abortion and Benghazi before long. It's the wingnut brain dysfunction in action.''

Hello...

Here's the thread title, again:

Gun Protesters Plan March On D.C. With Loaded Rifles To ‘Put Government On Notice'

So tell me..

Where you as concerned about the OWS crowd obeying the laws as you seem to be this group?

Or didn't you care too much because you agreed with them?

I know you wingnuts are pretty fucking stupid - but this thread ain't about OWS. If you want to discuss OWS - start your own thread.

So you are unable to honestly answer the question because it would expose you for the hypocrite that you apparently are...

Is that correct?

They should march in Alexandria, toward the Pentagon.
Open carry is allowed in VA.

Black Panther Party -- the Black equivalent to the NRA.

Read your history...you'll see I am right about that.

surprising facts the lefties usually do not know about the NRA

In 1958, retired Marine Robert Williams opened a chapter of the NAACP in Monroe, North Carolina. Monroe was also Klan country, and the KKK mounted several vicious assaults against African-Americans in Monroe. In 1960, Williams applied for and was granted a charter to establish an NRA chapter in Monroe; the association also provided firearms training materials. Mr. Williams and other black NRA members in Monroe subsequently successfully defended themselves with firearms against an attack coordinated between the KKK and the local police.

The NRA also taught the sandy hook shooter how to kill kids.

Are you also going to claim that the U.S. Marines taught Oswald how to shoot JFK as well as teaching Charles Whitman how to shoot from the Texas Clock Tower? :cuckoo:

If it works, it will set a precedent for how all "peaceful" demonstrations should be staged thereafter, for any cause whatsoever.

By Rebecca Leber

I wrote and posted a video of this weeks ago. I am uploading a video to youtube in a few hours of Alex Jones saying don't do it!

[ame=http://youtu.be/UkhctGdadVo]"Armed Revolt" in Washington in July 4th, 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

This is a bad idea because it would be extremely easy to plant agent provocatuers to turn it into a gun fight.

OOooo. Good point! Though they'd have to be willing to die.....I bet there are a lot of armed police if there is such a stupid march.

You obviously dont know what im talking about. Refer to Seattle 1999.

I assume you are referring to what "agent provocateur" usually means. That some of the marchers would be men intending to start shooting so there would be a firefight and the rightists would be blamed for riot and mayhem. In such a case these men would be in great danger of being killed by accident, I would assume.

If I am not understanding you, perhaps YOU could refer to Seattle 1999.

Last edited:
By Rebecca Leber

Did you notice that the guy who is calling for the march is a lefty?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH3xOtIDZOo]"Adam Kokesh Interview" Armed Peaceful March/Rally in Washington D.C. - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back