Gun Protesters Plan March On D.C. With Loaded Rifles To ‘Put Government On Notice'

How apt the reactionary gun nuts in their opposition underline the brillant, spiritual strategy of the Reverend MLK Jr to unit Christian love and non-violence with civil disobedience.

For obvious reasons, Democrats liked to keep their blacks unarmed

How apt the reactionary gun nuts in their opposition underline the brillant, spiritual strategy of the Reverend MLK Jr to unit Christian love and non-violence with civil disobedience.

The old segregationist Democrats and Republicans in the South sure did through the 1960s.

And what did it avail them?

This is not a christian group, nor is it related to the GOP or the NRA. I have read the article and find no connection. According to "Liberaland News" link to this story it is being held by an unknown Libertarian. I have never heard of the guy before. So what does this have to do with NRA and GOP again?

The Gun Protesters are not Republican nor are they Christians. You cannot march with loaded weapons through Washington. I doubt this Libertarian will follow through. It doesn't make any sense.

MLK owned several firearms

he applied for a Concealed carry permit

but was denied because the sheriff

said he did not have a need to carry concealed

There are laws in effect in DC. If they do what they are planning....they should be disarmed and prosecuted.

Hey...maybe you guys will get your wish and this'll be the beginning of the armed rebellion you guys are salivating for.

It could be the trigger for the revolution/civil war --- riots and rebellions are always set off by some small and usually irrelevant event.

But probably they'll cancel. No way this "march" will take place, I'm betting.

By Rebecca Leber

Almost 900 people are RSVPed for a July 4th march on Washington, D.C. where protesters plan to carry loaded rifles. In D.C., openly carrying guns is against the law. But the organizer of the event, libertarian radio host Adam Kokesh, says the march is an act of “civil disobedience” that attempts to prove gun advocates’ point in the “SUBTLEST way possible.”

The event’s Facebook invitation describes the march as a nonviolent demonstration, “unless the government chooses to make it violent”:

This is an act of civil disobedience, not a permitted event. We will march with rifles loaded & slung across our backs to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated & cower in submission to tyranny. We are marching to mark the high water mark of government & to turn the tide. This will be a non-violent event, unless the government chooses to make it violent. Should we meet physical resistance, we will peacefully turn back, having shown that free people are not welcome in Washington, & returning with the resolve that the politicians, bureaucrats, & enforcers of the federal government will not be welcome in the land of the free.

There’s a remote chance that there will be violence as there has been from government before, and I think it should be clear that if anyone involved in this event is approached respectfully by agents of the state, they will submit to arrest without resisting. We are truly saying in the SUBTLEST way possible that we would rather die on our feet than live on our knees.​

More: Gun Protesters Plan March On Washington With Loaded Rifles To 'Put The Government On Notice'

I'm sure Obama will have an adequate military/police force waiting for these radical gun clowns. When I think of "civil disobedience" - I think of brave unarmed civil rights heroes like Martin Luther King, Jr. and Ghandi.

they exercised their first and 2nd amendment rights.

Obviously you have a problem with that

Black Panther Party -- the Black equivalent to the NRA.

Read your history...you'll see I am right about that.

By Rebecca Leber

Almost 900 people are RSVPed for a July 4th march on Washington, D.C. where protesters plan to carry loaded rifles. In D.C., openly carrying guns is against the law. But the organizer of the event, libertarian radio host Adam Kokesh, says the march is an act of “civil disobedience” that attempts to prove gun advocates’ point in the “SUBTLEST way possible.”

The event’s Facebook invitation describes the march as a nonviolent demonstration, “unless the government chooses to make it violent”:

This is an act of civil disobedience, not a permitted event. We will march with rifles loaded & slung across our backs to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated & cower in submission to tyranny. We are marching to mark the high water mark of government & to turn the tide. This will be a non-violent event, unless the government chooses to make it violent. Should we meet physical resistance, we will peacefully turn back, having shown that free people are not welcome in Washington, & returning with the resolve that the politicians, bureaucrats, & enforcers of the federal government will not be welcome in the land of the free.

There’s a remote chance that there will be violence as there has been from government before, and I think it should be clear that if anyone involved in this event is approached respectfully by agents of the state, they will submit to arrest without resisting. We are truly saying in the SUBTLEST way possible that we would rather die on our feet than live on our knees.​

More: Gun Protesters Plan March On Washington With Loaded Rifles To 'Put The Government On Notice'

I'm sure Obama will have an adequate military/police force waiting for these radical gun clowns. When I think of "civil disobedience" - I think of brave unarmed civil rights heroes like Martin Luther King, Jr. and Ghandi.

Thank God you did not site The Weather Underground or Occupy. Dem some violent folk.

surprising facts the lefties usually do not know about the NRA

In 1958, retired Marine Robert Williams opened a chapter of the NAACP in Monroe, North Carolina. Monroe was also Klan country, and the KKK mounted several vicious assaults against African-Americans in Monroe. In 1960, Williams applied for and was granted a charter to establish an NRA chapter in Monroe; the association also provided firearms training materials. Mr. Williams and other black NRA members in Monroe subsequently successfully defended themselves with firearms against an attack coordinated between the KKK and the local police.

In 1958, retired Marine Robert Williams opened a chapter of the NAACP in Monroe, North Carolina. Monroe was also Klan country, and the KKK mounted several vicious assaults against African-Americans in Monroe. In 1960, Williams applied for and was granted a charter to establish an NRA chapter in Monroe; the association also provided firearms training materials. Mr. Williams and other black NRA members in Monroe subsequently successfully defended themselves with firearms against an attack coordinated between the KKK and the local police.

The NRA also taught the sandy hook shooter how to kill kids.

I will say this right now.

Anyone who marches in DC with a loaded weapon should be arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

While I disagree with the draconian laws in DC, you don't change them by breaking them.

I should hope that not many people show. I would be very happy if the radio show host were the only person to show up.

Agreed. Locke's Principle, Christ's, was Non Violent Civil Disobedience. Make your point. Live with the consequences. You win nothing by abandoning principle.

This is a bad idea because it would be extremely easy to plant agent provocatuers to turn it into a gun fight.

This is a bad idea because it would be extremely easy to plant agent provocatuers to turn it into a gun fight.

OOooo. Good point! Though they'd have to be willing to die.....I bet there are a lot of armed police if there is such a stupid march.

Let's have some good objective links. Otherwise just words.

Anybody remember Doug MacArthur's cleaning out the WWI Veteran's Bonus tent city encampment on the DC Mall late in the Hoover Administration? Here is Obama's chance to verify that the commanders he's put in place will actually fire on American Citizens. What he'll do afterwards is anybody's guess, but renewing his push for the citizenry's guns is a safe bet.

Forum List

Back