Gun Protesters Plan March On D.C. With Loaded Rifles To ‘Put Government On Notice'

To put government on notice? What does that mean, exactly? Is that a civil war hint?

no--it means they intend to demonstrate how serious they are.

Well..........serious about what? That they'll shoot police officers who cross them? Start a revolution?

Nothing AT ALL peaceable can be inferred from a band of armed protestors, right?

Serious about opposing worthless gun laws. Serious does not imply violent.

This guy says some wild stuff. I am looking for a shorter version on youtube right now. Some one will have one up in an hour or so.

As long as protesters do not break laws, they have a right to get their message out.

Walking down the streets in DC with a loaded rifle is a crime. A crime committed with a loaded weapon is more serious than most other crimes. If these people have so little respect for the laws made under the Constitution, they deserve to lose the right to own and possess firearms. Streets full of armed crime are not the streets of liberty and freedom.

Right. Armed protestors are not protestors, they are an insurrection.

Libertarian activist and radio host Adam Kokesh is hoping to get 1,000 people to march on Washington on July 4 — armed with loaded rifles. The plan, launched with a Facebook group today, is to gather on the Virginia side of the Potomac, where gun laws are lax, and then march across the bridge with loaded rifles slung over their shoulders into the District, where openly carrying weapons is generally prohibited.

Kokesh is a former Marine who was discharged in 2007 after violating the military’s code against engaging in political activity while in uniform. Kokesh was highly active in the antiwar movement after serving in Iraq, participating in numerous protests and getting arrested on occasion.

He started an anti-government radio show as the Tea Party picked up steam and was eventually picked up by RT, the news channel funded by the Russian government that is often critical of U.S. policy, where he promoted both the Tea Party and Occupy Wall Street in a worldview that some sociologists describe as “fusion paranoia,” a visceral anti-governmentalism that isn’t limited to typical left-right divides.
More: A march on Washington with loaded rifles - Salon.com/BY ALEX SEITZ-WALD

By Rebecca Leber

Almost 900 people are RSVPed for a July 4th march on Washington, D.C. where protesters plan to carry loaded rifles. In D.C., openly carrying guns is against the law. But the organizer of the event, libertarian radio host Adam Kokesh, says the march is an act of “civil disobedience” that attempts to prove gun advocates’ point in the “SUBTLEST way possible.”

The event’s Facebook invitation describes the march as a nonviolent demonstration, “unless the government chooses to make it violent”:

This is an act of civil disobedience, not a permitted event. We will march with rifles loaded & slung across our backs to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated & cower in submission to tyranny. We are marching to mark the high water mark of government & to turn the tide. This will be a non-violent event, unless the government chooses to make it violent. Should we meet physical resistance, we will peacefully turn back, having shown that free people are not welcome in Washington, & returning with the resolve that the politicians, bureaucrats, & enforcers of the federal government will not be welcome in the land of the free.

There’s a remote chance that there will be violence as there has been from government before, and I think it should be clear that if anyone involved in this event is approached respectfully by agents of the state, they will submit to arrest without resisting. We are truly saying in the SUBTLEST way possible that we would rather die on our feet than live on our knees.​

More: Gun Protesters Plan March On Washington With Loaded Rifles To 'Put The Government On Notice'

I'm sure Obama will have an adequate military/police force waiting for these radical gun clowns. When I think of "civil disobedience" - I think of brave unarmed civil rights heroes like Martin Luther King, Jr. and Ghandi.
loaded guns or not the protest will be civil and non violent ,no larceny, no property damage ,no rape ,no drug abuse ect...... these people are not left wing scum like the OWS pigs.

Article III, Section 3 of the U.S. Constitution:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court. The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.

Guess what nut baggers, you don't get to put shit on notice.

I'm talking to you NRA.

This weekend former Senator Evan Bayh echoed the beliefs of many in the media that the National Rifle Association has only recently moved to the fringe, telling Politico "their position is now in the end zone, not at the 40-yard line."

For decades the NRA toyed with the violent extremes of America politics, reaping members and dollars. After this weekend's annual meeting there should be no confusion about what the NRA is - a group fully controlled by the rhetoric of anti-government extremists.

More: Beck Exposes The NRA As Anti-Government Extremists

This weekend former Senator Evan Bayh echoed the beliefs of many in the media that the National Rifle Association has only recently moved to the fringe, telling Politico "their position is now in the end zone, not at the 40-yard line."

For decades the NRA toyed with the violent extremes of America politics, reaping members and dollars. After this weekend's annual meeting there should be no confusion about what the NRA is - a group fully controlled by the rhetoric of anti-government extremists.

More: Beck Exposes The NRA As Anti-Government Extremists

I dropped out of the NRA years ago....I supported them when they were about gun safety, responsibility and shooting sports....but they've been corporatized into a lobbying group for weapons manufacturing and a propaganda machine for idiots.

I still say... Bring on that rebellion. I'd regret the loss of innocent life...but you fuckers are traitors to this nation, our people and the Democratic Process.

Armed protestors on public property without permit is insurrection.

Period.

[ame=http://youtu.be/pzG47qEnsKI]"If they don't, we wont!" Armed March on Washington DC - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back