Gun show loophole a compromise

WOW compromise something I thought I never would be suggesting to anti gun people, but here it goes.

Being that Gun shows are privately run and held on private property. Those who manage these gun shows and those who own the property could place restrictions on the property site too private sales. The gun community would police itself by doing this.
In other words,no private sales allowed.
Would this compromise be sufficient to end this argument?

That's interesting. EVERY gun show I have ever attended was held in a public building, usually a hall or auditorium or other large building, and about 99% of the spaces were rented by legitimate gun dealers.

EVERY firearm I have ever purchased from a GUN SHOW has required me to do the paperwork for the federal (and state) background checks.

This whole "gun show loophole" thing is a MYTH.

PRIVATE SALES are the "loophole" that worries the anti-gun nuts.

Yes most gun shows are at public places but they are run by private groups.
My proposel would not infringe on any ones right and it would take one argument away from the gun grbbers AND keep the government out of the control busniess. Wouldn't you agree?

No person under any circumstances should be able to sell a gun to a person not qualified to purchase a gun,

in the same way that no person is allowed to sell alcohol to a minor. Public, private, wherever, whatever.

Why would you want loopholes/exceptions?

Shut up

No person under any circumstances should be able to sell a gun to a person not qualified to purchase a gun,

in the same way that no person is allowed to sell alcohol to a minor. Public, private, wherever, whatever.

Why would you trust the Government to determine who is "qualified" to own a firearm?

Governments are Instituted to PROTECT Rights, NOT take them away.

How is my right to life better protected when government does not even attempt to keep guns out of the hands of convicted killers?

will you shut up.
I made a proposal and you go off on an anti gun tangent.
This is why pro gun people refuse to give one damn inch too you bitches.

WOW compromise something I thought I never would be suggesting to anti gun people, but here it goes.

Being that Gun shows are privately run and held on private property. Those who manage these gun shows and those who own the property could place restrictions on the property site too private sales. The gun community would police itself by doing this.

We’d need to know the percentage of private sales at gun shows compared to other venues, such as private homes, meeting halls, and shooting ranges.

My guess would be only a tiny percentage of private sales occur at gun shows, making the restriction by show owners pointless.

Moreover, criminals don’t acquire their firearms at gun shows, they acquire them through theft or via the black market.

We’d need to know the percentage of private sales at gun shows compared to other venues, such as private homes, meeting halls, and shooting ranges.

My guess would be only a tiny percentage of private sales occur at gun shows, making the restriction by show owners pointless.

Moreover, criminals don’t acquire their firearms at gun shows, they acquire them through theft or via the black market.

You would need nothing nor get anything, but what I have suggested in the op.

WOW a simple workable solution and so far no one will agree.
One refuses to give an inch even though it doesn't infringe on their right
and the other side is asking for more. I say hell fucking no too the other side. You get what I suggested and that's all

No.

The anti-gun side will not accept anything less than what it wants, and willl not not (because it can not) give anything to the pro-gun side in return for what it wants.

Thus, there shall be no compomise.

No.

The anti-gun side will not accept anything less than what it wants, and willl not not (because it can not) give anything to the pro-gun side in return for what it wants.

What if those private run gun shows restricted private sales at their events? It is after all their event they control how things are run.
This has nothing to do with taking anyones right away.

No.

What if those private run gun shows restricted private sales at their events? It is after all their event they control how things are run.
That's all well and good - my point is that the anti-gun side will not accept this.

No.

That's all well and good - my point is that the anti-gun side will not accept this.

They wouldn't have a choose nor would they have an argument about a gun show loophole.

The only ‘remedy’ would be to ban private sales, since there can be no process with regard to conducting background checks.

How a ban on private sales would be enforced is anyone’s guess, however, since there would be no way to know which guns were acquired before the ban went into effect, in jurisdictions where registration is not required.

The only ‘remedy’ would be to ban private sales, since there can be no process with regard to conducting background checks.

How a ban on private sales would be enforced is anyone’s guess, however, since there would be no way to know which guns were acquired before the ban went into effect, in jurisdictions where registration is not required.

Again you don't get to make any suggestion in this thread it's not up for debate. I offered a workable solution either say you agree or disagree and move on.

Shut up

I'll repeat the question. Why would you want loopholes/exceptions?

Shut up

What about the person who can't afford to pay for a background check?

Shut up

This isn't up for debate. I made a proposal you either agree with it or don't you don't get too make any suggestions in this thread nor will I entertain any questions.

I'd be fine with it. A gun show is a "sanctioned event" by ATF rulings. They could simply require background checks at all sanctioned events. of course two guys could meet down the street later and conduct business. So what? Most criminals do not get guns at gun shows, despite what the media would have you believe.
To me the advantage is that it would cut out the unlicensed dealer.

This isn't up for debate. I made a proposal you either agree with it or don't you don't get too make any suggestions in this thread nor will I entertain any questions.

Your proposal is dumber than you are.

Satisfied?

OH it's not about the children or a workable solution that all can agree with. It about your and the democrats lust for control.
Got it.

Forum List

Back