Gun show loophole a compromise

The second amendment is either you are for it and support what it means or you're anti gun. There is no gray area.
OH and we already have back ground checks.

I support your right to carry a gun, I do not support the right of a criminal to carry a gun... Which is why I and 70 to 90% of Americans support back ground checks. If you continue to say I and other are anti guy for supporting back ground checks you will continue to look stupid.
I can own a car but I have to have a licenses, insurance, and register it.

We've already dispelled the car analogy many times here.
Why is a background check going to stop a criminal from carrying a gun, when the criminals is already prohibited from owning one? Libs can never quite explain this one.

How did we dispel the car analogy?
Even if you sell your privately you have to register it with the state. And you can also be prevent from holding a license due to a criminal record. You should see what I have to do in order to keep my license.
Yeah, I don't feel bad about you having to register your gun or submit a back ground check.

WOW compromise something I thought I never would be suggesting to anti gun people, but here it goes.

Being that Gun shows are privately run and held on private property. Those who manage these gun shows and those who own the property could place restrictions on the property site too private sales. The gun community would police itself by doing this.
In other words,no private sales allowed.
Would this compromise be sufficient to end this argument?

Advisory: Pro Second Amendment Supporters think about your answer before you respond. My proposal doesn't take any rights away, nor does the government have any involvement.
1. No law will be created from doing this
2. It will be impimented only by the operators of the gun show
3 It will remove a argument from the anti gun crowd.
4. In my opinion is the only workable solution that anyone has offered.
5. You will not lose any rights

You are not too far off the mark. Gun show organizers could specify that private sales made at the gun shows must include background checks, and provide the services needed to obtain those background checks. Of course, compliance would not be guaranteed because noone can control a private deal made between two people.

How about we stick with the OP? Something that they can control no private sales at gun shows allowed.

I support your right to carry a gun, I do not support the right of a criminal to carry a gun... Which is why I and 70 to 90% of Americans support back ground checks. If you continue to say I and other are anti guy for supporting back ground checks you will continue to look stupid.

Why is a background check going to stop a criminal from carrying a gun, when the criminals is already prohibited from owning one? Libs can never quite explain this one.

Even if you sell your privately you have to register it with the state. And you can also be prevent from holding a license due to a criminal record. You should see what I have to do in order to keep my license.
Yeah, I don't feel bad about you having to register your gun or submit a back ground check.

OK, from the top:
1) Cars are regulated by the states, not the federal gov't
2) You do not need a license to buy a car.
3) You do not need a background check to buy a car
4) You do not need a license to operate a car on your own property
5) You do not need any paperwork to store a car on your own property

And you fail to explain how requiring legal citizens to submit to background checks and register guns will reduce crime. Legal citizens do not commit crimes. Criminals do. And they won't submit to any of that.

-You do not need a license to buy or own a car, or to use it on private property.
-If you lose your license, you do not lose your car, and you are able to buy other cars.
-You do not need to register a car that keep in your garage, or to use it on private property
-You do not need to insure a car that you keep in your garage or use on private property.

OK, from the top:

And you fail to explain how requiring legal citizens to submit to background checks and register guns will reduce crime. Legal citizens do not commit crimes. Criminals do. And they won't submit to any of that.

My point is I don't feel bad for you guys. Get a back ground check, the over whelming majority of citizens agree with me.
If you want to operate a gun which can kill people, just like a car can you should have to have a back ground check. If you pass it, go buy all the guns you want, I don't care.

OK, from the top:

My point is I don't feel bad for you guys. Get a back ground check, the over whelming majority of citizens agree with me.
If the overwhelming majority of citizens wanted the government to be able to hold your cell phone call or e-mail while it determined you were/were not contacting a known criminal/terrorist, would you be OK with that?

OK, from the top:

If the overwhelming majority of citizens wanted the government to be able to hold your cell phone call or e-mail while it determined you were/were not contacting a known criminal/terrorist, would you be OK with that?

:cuckoo:

I do love when you guys use examples that wouldn't stand up in court, while back ground checks always do.

:cuckoo:
I see that you are unwilling to discuss things that will prove your opinion unsound.
Not a surprise. Run along, now.

Being that Gun shows are privately run and held on private property. Those who manage these gun shows and those who own the property could place restrictions on the property site too private sales. The gun community would police itself by doing this.

End what argument?
For universal background checks?

Not for me. Only a small percentage of private sales take place at gun shows.

This would do nothing to address the other 95% of private sales.

OK, from the top:

If you want to operate a gun which can kill people, just like a car can you should have to have a back ground check. If you pass it, go buy all the guns you want, I don't care.

No, the point is that you dont' give a shit because it doesn't really affect you. So why not stick it to the rest of us? I've already dispelled your idiotic arguments. A gun isn't a car. Gun ownership is a constitutional right protected by the 2A. It shouldn't be subject to infringement just on the off chance that it might do some good somewhere. And nothing you've suggested would do anything. Only legal people will submit to background checks. Crooks will continue to steal guns and trade them to other crooks for dope, sans background check.
You don't have a leg to stand on here. You have no argument for your position. boo boo titty fuck.

End what argument?
For universal background checks?

Not for me. Only a small percentage of private sales take place at gun shows.

This would do nothing to address the other 95% of private sales.

Private sales is nobody's business

Forum List

Back